2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Wife doesn't like 5th gen., now what do I do

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

My wife loves the concept, and based on those pictures, she's said she'd love for us to get one eventually. A couple weeks ago I showed her the pre-production pics (just the exterior ones). She said, and I quote: "They gave it a butt!"

I haven't asked specifically, but I suspect it may be slightly harder to convince her that we need one now. I'll wait until the real thing is out, put her in the driver's seat of a brand new M6, and then see what she thinks.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by trm0002
Let's put this in simple terms? WTF are you asking her for in the first place? Why is it even being discussed? I had a 94 Z28 when we got married 12 years ago. I traded it in on a 96 Z28 a year after we got married. Same polo green- didn't tell her I was buying it- just came home with it after work. Didn't say a word... she left in the morning and didn't even notice it. (to be fair we were in an apartment and she wasn't parked right next to me but she did have to drive by it to leave). If I hadn't taken her to dinner that night who knows how long it would have been before she even noticed. Kind of couldn't hide T-tops, automatic, and leather; old one was a base Z28...

In any case, I held onto that car until Sept 04 when I bought my GTO; didn't tell, discuss, hint, ask, beg, NOTHING. Left work a little early one Thursday afternoon, went to the dealer, looked, bought. Went home saying nothing to the wife, ate dinner, played with the kids, and went to bed. Came home with it the next day. She called and asked where I was after work that day and I told her I was picking up my new car and I'd be home in about an hour. That's the kind of discussion that one should have regarding buying a new piece of equipment for the man cave.
I have a new outlook on life now.
Thank you.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 AM

We went to NAIAS last weekend...my wife took more pictures of Bumblebee than I did...and she took them to work to show her friends!..
Old 01-27-2008, 03:08 AM

My g/f and I made a deal.....I get a SS 'Vert M6.......She gets to pick the color and I teach her to drive a stick.....'nuff said.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by trm0002
Let's put this in simple terms? WTF are you asking her for in the first place? Why is it even being discussed? I had a 94 Z28 when we got married 12 years ago. I traded it in on a 96 Z28 a year after we got married. Same polo green- didn't tell her I was buying it- just came home with it after work. Didn't say a word... she left in the morning and didn't even notice it. (to be fair we were in an apartment and she wasn't parked right next to me but she did have to drive by it to leave). If I hadn't taken her to dinner that night who knows how long it would have been before she even noticed. Kind of couldn't hide T-tops, automatic, and leather; old one was a base Z28...

In any case, I held onto that car until Sept 04 when I bought my GTO; didn't tell, discuss, hint, ask, beg, NOTHING. Left work a little early one Thursday afternoon, went to the dealer, looked, bought. Went home saying nothing to the wife, ate dinner, played with the kids, and went to bed. Came home with it the next day. She called and asked where I was after work that day and I told her I was picking up my new car and I'd be home in about an hour. That's the kind of discussion that one should have regarding buying a new piece of equipment for the man cave.
.....WOW! Your wife sounds like one lucky lady!