2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Where the hell is the Update on Chevy nation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
I don't think anyone would ever blame Scott for the slackness of others beyond his control.......I think they are only referring to the information that he was given and in turn gave to the boards........I got an email from Scott last night and he is not happy about how this has been going and even mentioned that Chevrolet cannot afford to have the enthusiasts upset over it.

Yea we talked about this last week(halloween night) when he was here in seattle & we had drinks.

I also know that alot of people points their finger at Scott when things go wrong with the Camaro, Heck I saw many post on old forums (no longer on the net) That single handed blamed Scott for the demise of the Camaro. When in truth he fought for the Camaro. (I have known Scott personally for nearly 8yrs now met him in the summer of 00)

sorry I see how some of these people treat Scott & others on these boards & I get upset because people just use them for sources of information & then treat them like chit when the information isnt there or is slow to come down the pike. These guys are human & are only doing their jobs, For once treat them like people instead of crap.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:00 PM

I don't think that any of the regulars around here "blame" Scott for anything. We know he's busy. He posts when he can, and when he wants to. He's under no obligation to do so, and I think most all of us understand that and are appreciative that he's so accessible to us.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM

When has Scott ever been treated "like chit" here on this Forum? Some folks might not be quite so quick to drink all the kool-aid, but I don't see where that is a big deal.

Bob
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Yea we talked about this last week(halloween night) when he was here in seattle & we had drinks.

I also know that alot of people points their finger at Scott when things go wrong with the Camaro, Heck I saw many post on old forums (no longer on the net) That single handed blamed Scott for the demise of the Camaro. When in truth he fought for the Camaro. (I have known Scott personally for nearly 8yrs now met him in the summer of 00)

sorry I see how some of these people treat Scott & others on these boards & I get upset because people just use them for sources of information & then treat them like chit when the information isnt there or is slow to come down the pike. These guys are human & are only doing their jobs, For once treat them like people instead of crap.
I too have known Scott for several years. I have to agree there should be absolutly no blame for anything going his way. This man bleeds Chevy red and always acts in the best interests of the car and us enthusiats even if it gets him in trouble at GM. Cars are designed, engineered and built by committee and lots of people have a say in what finally rolls off the line. That's good and bad. Make no mistake Scott is fighting for the things most of here on the site want and I have no worry that this Camaro will be spectacular once ready to go.

Considder any post made by Scott, Cheryl or John as gifts because none of them have to or need to communicate with this site at all. They choose to do that and if they decided to stop that today I would not blame any of them because we have not always been as nice as we could be on the site. I know we're all enthusiasts and want this car to be great but I see some posts shooting the messanger and it's a bit unfair. This is outside of their daily duties at work developing our beloved Camaro and outside of the personal lives.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM

AMEN TO THESE LAST FEW POSTS.
I've been at other forums around, it's not just here that there are a few nimrods who blame Scott for things that he has no control over.
Obviously, most recently, this Chevy Nation nonsense. I'm Sooooooo tired of hearing people saying Scott let us down, Scott this (not here specifically)....give it up, I mean, honestly...

Whether it means anything, or not: I know Scott's got one supporter right here.
It's not said quite enough;

THANK YOU for everything, Fbodfather
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dragoneye
AMEN TO THESE LAST FEW POSTS.
I've been at other forums around, it's not just here that there are a few nimrods who blame Scott for things that he has no control over.
Obviously, most recently, this Chevy Nation nonsense. I'm Sooooooo tired of hearing people saying Scott let us down, Scott this (not here specifically)....give it up, I mean, honestly...

Whether it means anything, or not: I know Scott's got one supporter right here.
It's not said quite enough;

THANK YOU for everything, Fbodfather
For alot of us he is our only connection to the Camaro program.
He is engineering the engine, selecting the paint colors, negotiating with companies that build some of the parts, and building the website.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:14 AM

Some people need to lighten the he11 up.

I re-read this thread, and I didn't find anything directed negatively or personally towards Fbodfather. In fact, I don't recall any wholesale bashing of Fbodfather in any threads. Are we impatient for information? You'd better believe it!! Are we blaming Fbodfather or treating him like $hit?? Don't be ridiculous!! Sure, everyonce in a while you may get some jack-@ss that spouts off, but there's plenty of immature or ignorant people out there who have access to a computer. Getting on a soapbox and lecturing to us won't cause the internet jack-@sses to change their ways, but it will cause a lot of and .

.......at least from me
Old 11-11-2007, 05:07 AM

I agree with Ron. I don't think anyone has personally attacked Fbodfather or anyone. People are just a little impatient for information..

Sorry to burst your bubble but it probably won't be what you expect, there are still a lot of questions that will be unanswered up until almost release time. Heck, Dodge is keeping most of their plans under raps with the Challenger and I think that comes out in a couple months even. I don't think we're going to get detailed engine info or anything, maybe just a few more pics.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
When has Scott ever been treated "like chit" here on this Forum? Some folks might not be quite so quick to drink all the kool-aid, but I don't see where that is a big deal.

Bob

I remember one newby, some time ago, telling him to "Shut his piehole..." LOL!!!!

They'll get it fixed...patience people.......go drive your current Camaro, it'll make you relax.... it does me.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I don't think that any of the regulars around here "blame" Scott for anything. We know he's busy. He posts when he can, and when he wants to. He's under no obligation to do so, and I think most all of us understand that and are appreciative that he's so accessible to us.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

no offense taken --

I'm especially upset about missing dates on ChevyNation. I've made my thoughts and feelings known to the agency-- now let's see what happens.

I must say this: It was originally our intent to show you one or two pictures of a production-intent Camaro in cammo for the November post...........however, unbeknownst to us, Mr. Lutz captured that great picture of Ed Wellburn 'hugging' the new Camaro (now there's a guy that cares as much -- if not more -- for the Camaro than I do!!!.........gotta love him for "hugging" the "hugger" .......) and he put it out on the blog ---

.......THAT is why I made the post about 'not missing the November post' --

That said -- we have some cool stuff to put out there.

NO -- we aren't gonna publish the order guide in December and the color/trim charts in November -- but we have some stuff that we just think you'd like to know.

Let me also make something very very very clear:

........we would LOVE to share with you all of the inner workings of the Camaro project -- and to share with you all the options and the engine/transmission combinations -- and all of that 'stuff' --

........but as you've heard me say before: The auto industry is in a time of great change. Things change daily. We can ill afford to 'tip our hand' if you will -- to the competition. Will they find out? Probably. But I will not take that risk -- and so once again, I have to ask you to have 'faith' -- just as I did in September of 2001 -- when I said "The Camaro WILL be back........" We want the new Camaro to be the best car you've ever owned.

Are we going to keep you all happy?

No -- unfortunately I think that's probably impossible. (esp. if you have 'winky envy' .....) But we are sweating the details in ways I've never seen -- and I believe that most of you will love your new Camaro.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 PM

so I am not going to get my butt kicked for getting upset at this guys Scott?
lol
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Whenever it comes, be it actually in November or next month...I can wait. I'm really anxious, and excited, but I have 'faith'.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:40 PM

hes (Fbodfather) not SUPERMAN.

I disagree
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

so I am not going to get my butt kicked for getting upset at this guys Scott?
lol
No -- but I'm STILL going to tell people that you used to Baby sit me........

Quick Reply: Where the hell is the Update on Chevy nation?