2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where the hell is the Update on Chevy nation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 AM

Where the hell is the Update on Chevy nation?

Scott said THE 2ND THURSDAY.

Its 10:38 Central Time and NO UPDATE YET.

Anyone else find anyting?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 AM

It's probably going to be some insignificant news like "The 2010 Camaro will be offered in a Quasar blue color"
Old 11-08-2007, 10:49 AM

That's what I want to know.............................................. ................
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Liquid Slap
It's probably going to be some insignificant news like "The 2010 Camaro will be offered in a Quasar blue color"
Hey, thats something

It's November.... so we're ONE YEAR away from the start of production, right? And maybe 16 or so months from showrooms???
Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM

I cant take credit for this.. but I had to share this.. some have.. well .. gotten creative in the time waiting for the update...

Our Fbodfather who art in Michigan, Scott be thy name; thy creation come, thy Camaro be done, on pavement as it is in heaven. Give us this day our monthly update; and forgive us our flaming, as we forgive those who flame against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Ford. For thine is the engine, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen
link
Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
I cant take credit for this.. but I had to share this.. some have.. well .. gotten creative in the time waiting for the update...

link
That's awesome
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM

So anyone know whats going on? Cough F Body Father Cough
Old 11-10-2007, 12:45 AM

The First Pre Production ( Off Line Build ) Camaro Was Started Up On Nov.9th

Last edited by GM OSHAWA; 11-10-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by GM OSHAWA
sweet!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:47 AM

They dotn have time to sit around typing things out on the computer like we do. They will get the information out when they can & how they can. Hell we are in the hight of Auto show season & that doesnt calm down until April, Scott is running from auto show to auto show to make sure things are right, then heading home for a day then heading back out.

GIVE THE POOR MAN A BREAK, hes not SUPERMAN.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:39 AM

Regardless, the OP has a point. If it were someone else, or something else, I bet most of you would be all over it.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Nice to hear a voice from the plant!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:07 PM

so what does this mean for us? are they ahead of schedule?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
They dotn have time to sit around typing things out on the computer like we do. They will get the information out when they can & how they can. Hell we are in the hight of Auto show season & that doesnt calm down until April, Scott is running from auto show to auto show to make sure things are right, then heading home for a day then heading back out.

GIVE THE POOR MAN A BREAK, hes not SUPERMAN.
I don't think anyone would ever blame Scott for the slackness of others beyond his control.......I think they are only referring to the information that he was given and in turn gave to the boards........I got an email from Scott last night and he is not happy about how this has been going and even mentioned that Chevrolet cannot afford to have the enthusiasts upset over it.

It makes no difference that we are in the height of car show season or not. If anything, this should make them WANT to get the information out better. Nobody here said that there would be new information posted "The first Thursday of each month" which has now become the second Thursday or who really knows what day at this point.....Chevrolet by way of Chevy Nation.com did.

If you're gonna make a worldwide statement like that, you need to at least provide it when you say you will.....or like others have mentioned, just change it enough to say, THERE IS NO UPDATE AT THIS TIME.

As for the time frame of the "off line built car" and whether it will be speeding things up......hmm, I heard somewhere that the lines are not coming down until December to start the retrofit for the Zeta equipment. I can only imagine how long it can take to get the lines back up, run multiple test chassis down them for fit, finish, and everything else that goes along with it. Then, they have to submit the cars for crash testing. We've heard that production cars will start coming off the line next October....11 months..a couple of more weeks and it will be 10 months........WOW! hard to believe.....anyway, I would think that we probably won't see cars much earlier if at all from the previously mentioned schedule.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:28 PM

Things are moving forward!

Quick Reply: Where the hell is the Update on Chevy nation?