2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by streetrod93
...you can proove to yourself youre ignorant to how car sales actually work
That's why I have never bought a new Chevy. Every time we have went into a Chevy shop that is the attitude I get from the entire dealership. I would have loved to have my wife get a new Camaro, but the salesman at our dealership wouldn't even let us drive an SS. So, we got a 2010 Maxima (her third, and very nice). I will be buying another car for myself this fall, and I really want a Camaro but if this is the attitude we get I won't be getting one either.

As for the "invoice" you can print, I have heard that before and it is a joke. I could print one myself and make it look like the dealer is clearing as much as I would like.

Maybe your lot has so many sitting there because people are tired of being treated like the dealer thinks they are "ignorant".

Last edited by jamier2; 03-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM

theres always two sides to a situation, and as far as having that many on the lot its becuase we move about 10 or 15 camaros a month because we have no problem selling them cheaper then anybody around because we will sell at supplier to anyone. our customer service is impecable here and thats why we're consitantly in the top 3 chevy dealerships in kentucky every year :-)

ive let plenty of people drive brand new SS camaros because the truth of the fact is you never really know who can buy one untill you get down to credit or cash information.

as far as your experience with the whatever dealership you went to i apologize it was not a happy one. however you might want to do a little self reflection and realize that there is the chance multiple people that ACTUALLY work in our field are giving you the same information in this same thread and you have trouble believing salesman are capable of the truth.

similarly to every other situation in life, when a customer comes in with the attitude they are "owed" unreasonable standards, they will NEVER get very far. breaking even on a car at a dealership means that they worked several hours for free, i know darn well if you were asked to do your job for no pay you'd be a little frigid. as far as the prices, i sell multiple camaros a month under MSRP. ask me and thats a better deal then going into walmart to buy a coke at the MSRP of 1.49 and paying full price along with tax. Your *** just got high grossed and you dont say a word and youre happy about it.

sorry for the rant, but the two largest obstacles to overcome in the car industry are poverty and ignorance, this is a case of the latter.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:43 PM

i want to also clear up the use of the word 'ignorant' in the original post. im not using that as a degredation, but in it's literal meaning that someone is truly without understanding due to lack of factual information. there's no way that anyone who hasn't worked in our field is expected to know the ins and outs of our job, and i would never use that as an insult persay.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 PM

I can see that it must be aggravating working with people who have unrealistic goals when they walk in. I have a decent idea of what the dealer is making and I don't mind that they are trying to make a living. I have just had a much worse experience at Chevrolet dealers than any other. My wife and I have had probably 35 cars, and the first 28 or so were GM (yep, after my first car - a Ford Grenada - I became pretty loyal to the general). Hopefully we can get someone to be reasonable when we go to get the Camaro. We might even come by your dealership - I'll be moving to Bowling Green this summer.

As for working for free, I am a physician and you wouldn't believe how much I do my job for no pay or appreciation (much like you).
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM

New cars we've bought, we go in with a price we'll pay. Out the door offer that I think is reasonable, or maybe not so reasonable depending on conditions. So far I'm batting 1000 on this. Rebates, first time buyer discounts, whatever they want to write up so long as the number matches.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 AM

thats an excellent approach tom2. im willing to bet that once or twice in your car buying experiences with new cars you may have even left with a price lower then you had in mind. rebates on new gm products get rather significant from time to time.

The customers that come in wanting a percentage off the sticker price regardless of what it is and regardless of the vehicle are the customers that usually end up unhappy.

the best advice i can give from this side of buying/selling vehicles is to go in with an objective mind set. have a number in your mind of what you want to pay and simply ask your salesman what discounts and rebates are available at the time. HOPEFULLY you have a reasonable salesman that is more then happy to disclose that information to you and WORK to earn your business. Our job is to get terms and figures agreeable to YOU, and if the dealership can accomplish that while maintaining a profit margin, everyone wins. unfortuneatly car salesman have a reputation as a close second to lawyers, when in fact our job is actually to HELP the customer. the few salesman that lose that perspective are unfortunately the face of our industry.