2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who is uneasy about 1st quarter 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM

So who is uneasy about 1st quarter 2009?

I'm delighted to see the Camaro is officially going into production, but I am worried about 1st quarter 2009.

We are talking after Challenger, the Mustang will have it's refresh, and only then the first couple Camaro models come out with the top dog and convertible not for another year?

Seems too long in all honesty.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 PM

Re: So who is uneasy about 1st quarter 2009?

Originally Posted by grossesexy
I'm delighted to see the Camaro is officially going into production, but I am worried about 1st quarter 2009.

We are talking after Challenger, the Mustang will have it's refresh, and only then the first couple Camaro models come out with the top dog and convertible not for another year?

Seems too long in all honesty.
I too am concerned about that but I don't bight the hand that feeds so I'm going to jump on mine and hope that others do too to make it profitable for GM.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM

Did we really need another thread on this?

I think it is to long, should have been 1st quarter 08.

I seem to remember a quote that said:

"This concept is further along than you think"

Guess that can be wrote off as being not true.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:15 PM

:raises hand:

Maybe the transformers movie is supposed to keep the momentum going?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1SunsetSS
Did we really need another thread on this?

I think it is to long, should have been 1st quarter 08.

I seem to remember a quote that said:

"This concept is further along than you think"

Guess that can be wrote off as being not true.

Nobody else has had anything to actually make their point with. I see a couple threads about the design not being fresh and CAFE standards. I'm talking about competition, which in my mind is the important thing.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Bert02SS

Agreed, the Mustang has sold like crazy, and so many coupe buyers have taken themselves off the market for the next five years or so. The Challenger will pick off some more coupe customers . . . And when will the refreshed Mustang comes out? Bam! More coupe customers off the market. What about the new GTO? The Camaro may be in for a rough ride.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Keep something in mind........this is a 'clean sheet of paper' architecture.

We aren't taking an existing car and making it into a Camaro.......

Further, I would rather have it take some extra time and get it RIGHT.......this IS a Legendary nameplate.........as I think we all agree.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather

Further, I would rather have it take some extra time and get it RIGHT.......this IS a Legendary nameplate.........as I think we all agree.

No need to respond, just some fan input from someone who will buy one. Since we are looking at 2009, how about bringing a full blown lineup with a convertible and all possible engine choices. It would be nice to not wait until 2010/11 to get the conv or top engine. If this is in the plans, ignore the above.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:44 PM

Come on Scott... We dont care about minor details like "clean sheet of paper". We want it now... Walk by and kick someone in the *** for me and yell "hurry up".
Old 08-10-2006, 05:53 PM

I thought GM said they weren't going to announce vehicles so far ahead of their production date anymore, after finding SSR was old news before it even hit the streets. Maybe the success of Solstice changed their tune. Still, retro designs have notoriously short shelf lives (e.g. SSR) so I think there's a very good chance this Camaro design will look dated before it hits the street, especially after Challenger's had a year on the market and Mustang gets updated.

Too bad GM's giving their enthusiasts a 3-year case of blue *****. Let's hope GTO will be done right.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:57 PM

I had a feeling you were going to say, take the time and get it right. Scott let me say, I completely agree that it must be done right. A lackluster offering is the worst thing that could happen. However, the 2nd worst thing is bringing a product that would have been great in 2007-2008, out in 2009.

I don't know how free you can be with your "tongue"(fingers) but how does GM plan on dealing with the mustang refresh and the challenger both chomping away at the same market?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:27 PM

If they deliver a car that looks as good as the Concept on a world class chassis, there will be A LOT of Mustang and Challenger owners down at the Chevy dealership making a trade!! Just because people buy cars doesn't mean they'll keep them.
If Chevy brings a worthy car, and I think they're going to, it will do fine!!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:35 PM

I know, I know. But Geez, I'll be almost 50! I'll have my 12th Camaro, but I'll probably have arthritis and won't be able to slam 3rd gear. I guess I'll have to pull that pristine '02 B4C out from under the cover and start driving it so I won't forget how.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Bert02SS

Originally Posted by willz
If they deliver a car that looks as good as the Concept on a world class chassis, there will be A LOT of Mustang and Challenger owners down at the Chevy dealership making a trade!! Just because people buy cars doesn't mean they'll keep them.
If Chevy brings a worthy car, and I think they're going to, it will do fine!!
A lot of Mustang and Challenger owners jumping out of their new rides?? Dream on. I'm worried that being so late to the party, Camaro may not make its sales goals, that's all. I'm a realist.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bert02SS
A lot of Mustang and Challenger owners jumping out of their new rides?? Dream on. I'm worried that being so late to the party, Camaro may not make its sales goals, that's all. I'm a realist.

I agree. If I see a Limelight Green Challenger in a showroom with a big Hemi and a pistol-grip shifter, and the Camaro is still a year away, I might be buying my 1st Mopar instead of my 12th Camaro.

I know. I just blasphemed. 10 Hail Mary's an 10 our Fathers coming up......

Quick Reply: So who is uneasy about 1st quarter 2009?