2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Small things for the wish list

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Disciple

Re: Small things for the wish list

Map pockets in both front seatbacks please.

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
At least two cupholders, neither of which is behind the shifter.
I row the gears to work every morning (pro 5.0 & lou's short stick) with a 16 oz coffee mug in the modified (cut the skinny bottom out and glued a plumbing pipe end cap on) cup holder and don't have a problem with it.

That said, I'll take all the cupholders, storage compartments, nooks and crannies they can engineer in.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 AM

It would be nice to see optional rear axle ratios in the upcoming car as well. I was "building my own" Trailblazer/Avalanche/Tahoe online and noticed there were multiple rear axle ratios available. No need for anything crazy, 3.23, 3.46, 3.73, 4.11 would be a nice list. I agree with the center mounted switches, my wife's Equinox has them and it has a decidedly "mini van" feel to it with nothing on the doors.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 PM

I would like an easy car to work on. Simple maintenance, like spark plugs is no problem. Reaching items in the engine compartment is easy, no more of this struggling like in the fourth gen.

Also make a car that cools, my 1994 Z/28 gets too high of an engine temperature for my comfort. The dang thing cannot handle a red light on a summer day. I had to spent almost an hour on the side of the freeway waiting for the car to cool off. I don't trust that car anymore.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by GRNcamaro
i really cant belive with all thouse enginers and years of school and experince they cant find a better place for a cup holder i just dont belive it.
As an electrical engineering undergrad, I can understand why engineers would do this. We are paying you people back who were out partying while we were studying for tests, building projects, and researching...like tonight.

Honestly though, given the stigma around Camaros as mullet and redneck mobiles... it's probably so you don't have a place to put your beer while you shift to discourage drinking beer while driving your car.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:25 PM

Ihave a camaro and a mullet ...I need to be slaped. But I dont drink and drive at least that kinda makes it better lol
Old 09-27-2006, 07:38 PM

Hide-a-way headlights?????.just throwing that out there.........agian..............and how about a Ram-air design that doesn't require 2 90 degree bends to make it to the throttle body?...hmm lets see....Cupholders..check......window motors...covered..........how about a dash pad that doesn't crack so easily??.....backlighting on the gauges.....discussed.........ummmmm how about a stock tranny cooler worth a damn...like a remototley mounted one like we all have added to our stalled A4's......perhaps a more Sporty feel in the seats...(i.e. Lumbar, back, and side supports...much like in a Vette)
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM

Looking at that engine compartment, i don't think they'll have to bend the air induction. The hard plastic dash of the 4th gen wasn't so sun-breakable as the 3rd gen dash. I'd love to see those colored door panel inserts from the concept.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:21 PM

Room in the engine compartment so that I can drop a 3.3L whipple twin screw blower over the LS3.

To think. 9.5L of total displacement.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3_z28camaro
Also make a car that cools, my 1994 Z/28 gets too high of an engine temperature for my comfort. The dang thing cannot handle a red light on a summer day. I had to spent almost an hour on the side of the freeway waiting for the car to cool off. I don't trust that car anymore.
I don't think the reverse-cooling worked as well on LT1's as they hoped it would?

My LS1 runs pretty much the same temperature at all times once it's warmed up, regardless of weather or traffic. Usually just a hair below the 1/2 line. The only time I've seen it actually touch the half mark, or maybe a hair over is when I've had it out on the track (road course or 1/4 mile, right after doing a run). I don't think we need to worry about the cooling system on the new car .
Old 09-29-2006, 10:17 AM

Here's my wish list:

-quality interior plastics, fabrics, and leather (yes, real leather, not the plastic imitation stuff)

-a usable trunk, with a low lift over height, and fold down rear seats

-steering wheel stereo controls

-high quality paint, well applied (less orange peel than on the 4th gen cars)

-cold weather package, with heated seats, heated exterior mirrors, and a rear defog that actually works

-brake upgrade (like on the Z51 Vette) package. No more crappy 4th gen rotors

-a large glovebox, and even larger console bin. Lots of storage areas

-power antenna, with on/off switch, to save the motor if you aren't listening to the radio

-easy to replace headlight/tail lamp/parking light bulbs (unlike on the 4th gen Trans Am, which are a royal pain to get to)
Old 09-29-2006, 10:34 AM

I don't personally need leather, but if someone wants it, and will pay, they should use qualiry leather.
Hope they put the antenna on the rear of the car like the 4th gen.
Mostly at this point i'm hoping for a better looking dash. I've always hated the 69'. To me it looks chunky and dated compared to the 68'. A dash and console like the Corvette is fine with me!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
My LS1 runs pretty much the same temperature at all times once it's warmed up, regardless of weather or traffic. Usually just a hair below the 1/2 line. The only time I've seen it actually touch the half mark, or maybe a hair over is when I've had it out on the track (road course or 1/4 mile, right after doing a run). I don't think we need to worry about the cooling system on the new car .
Sorry to hijack the thread, but, really? I always worry about overheating with my 1994 Z/28 and the LS1 year cars don't have a problem? If this is others experience I might be interested in trading up.

Thread hijack over, carry on with regularly scheduled posting.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by 3_z28camaro
Sorry to hijack the thread, but, really? I always worry about overheating with my 1994 Z/28 and the LS1 year cars don't have a problem? If this is others experience I might be interested in trading up.

Thread hijack over, carry on with regularly scheduled posting.
Just food for thought, but my 94 Z28 has never overheated on me once....even on 100+ degree days with AC on sitting at red lights. Maybe I just got lucky....my 95 will overheat if it's anything over 65 out

/hijack
Old 09-29-2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Are you relying on the factory guage? If so, guess what, it's a dummy guage that never moves by design because too many people got uncomfortable watching their temp guages swing around in traffic, etc.

I forget exactly when it was since i don't care much about 4th gens, but i first found out about it when i observed it in my GTO and then found out that the later 4th gens also were like that. My factory temperature guage will sit in exactly the same spot from ~180 - 226° as observed on my scan guages.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:12 PM

Yes, I've heard it be accused of being a "dummy gauge" before, but the gauge still "works" to a degree ... I mean, it's not an "on" or "off" thing. When the engine is stone cold, and as it is warming up, the gauge slowly climbs up. When it's up to temp, it normally rides around the same mark, and I'll agree, probably in a pretty wide range, but it does move up a little bit more after I've been pushing the car hard (when I would expect to see it rise slightly). The car is far from "over-heating" though, and at nearly ~230 degrees, I think that's pretty extreme, and hope that my motor isn't truly that hot at the times I've seen the gauge rise above normal? But hey, who knows?!

/hijack .

Quick Reply: Small things for the wish list