2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Small things for the wish list

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:51 PM

Re: Small things for the wish list

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
I think that's pretty extreme, and hope that my motor isn't truly that hot at the times I've seen the gauge rise above normal? But hey, who knows?!

/hijack .
Actually this isn't really a hijack since a real working temperature guage is a nice thing for the wish list. Probably won't get it though since most people can't accept the fact that modern engines run damn hot as programmed stock
Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 PM

I just got back from driving my 4th gen around all day and there is another thing I'd like to add since most of what I'd like was already mentioned. How's about a turning radius that's better than a full size truck this time? Thats always bothered me but I got a reminder the last 2 days. Just think that would be nice.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 PM

LED Turn Indicators in the Side Mirrors. Color matched to the rear signal's.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by UHP-CAMARO
LED Turn Indicators in the Side Mirrors. Color matched to the rear signal's.
which should be yellow.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 AM

How about the two basic things that made me get a 6MT G35 Coupe over a GTO?

Automatic Climate Control.
Xenons.

Anything else, I have no pressing need for. Stick the window switches wherever the hell you want GM. Cupholders? I just need one. I'm selfish and single, so I rarely have a passenger. Put it anywhere. Just give me things that I would get for spending this much money on an import, and I'll buy domestic. Because I really do want to buy domestic.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by fzt7f7
With all of the talk surrounding engine sizes, suspension, model make-ups, I was thinking about a few small things I would like to see included in the production version of the Camaro:

1. Ability to change all 8 spark plugs if I need/want to without performing a minor miracle
2. An engine bay that we can be proud to show off from the factory
3. A cloth option that is tasteful (please no more zebra print!)
4. If/when a convertible is made, please no 3 piece boot, an nice integrated cover ala Corvette would be nice

I know the design is amazing, and the powerplants will be stellar, its in the small details where this car can really shine.
Im with ya on the sparkplugs and engine bay 100%! I changed mine at least 3 times. In addition to that the O2 sensor swaps are best left to Houdini... I get the feeling we wont have the same problem on the 5th gen. I think that one was lesson learned...
Old 09-30-2006, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
one more:
put the parking brake on the passenger side!
Can you explain why? It was already on the pass side 4th gen, and I hated reaching across to use it. If its driver side its right there, and also if you want to play around with the E brake on wet surfaces its right there.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:40 AM

I can explain one possible reason for having the parking brake on the passenger side. I'm 6'9" and in cars with the e-brake on the driver's side it is useless to me, I simply can't use it because my leg is in the way. I actually factor in parking brake location when looking at a possible car purchase. Its not that much farther to reach, and really helps out those of us that need it.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by poSSum
That said, I'll take all the cupholders, storage compartments, nooks and crannies they can engineer in.
Now that I think about it this is actually pretty important... these nooks and compartments turn into gauge mounts, displays, etc. when modders get ahold of them.

Also, this may fall in as a big thing... make sure the V8 cars look differnt from the V6 cars. I believe this was a nail in the coffin of the 4th gens. (Maybe not as much for the Firebird/Trans Am side of things.) We need more that a couple of cheap emblems to set things off.