2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question, involving weight, options

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:51 PM

The black ones?

Oops....I mean....
Old 09-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by boxerperson
The camaro's platform IS shared with other vehicles and lower cost/weight parts (at the sacrifice of convenience items like power windows/locks) are probably available.
I think this is a wrong assumption . The Camaro will be the first car on Zeta, sedans will follow. I think the base Camaro, with power windows, locks, A/C cruise lots of air bags, decent stereo, etc. will probably be the most "stripper" car available on the platform.

While I love the idea of a stripper car .. the ZOK Solstice (which I have ordered) being a perfect example ... I'm also in the camp that wants tons of options for "my" Camaro .... like driver AND passenger heated power seats, dual zone automatic climate control, HUD, etc.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:24 PM

Red face

You guys are taking this all too serious....there is not going to be a stripper....those days are long gone.
And if you think someone is not going to buy this car because it weighs 200lbs more than you think it should you're wrong there too. Quit nitpicking and enjoy the moment..
Just look forward to the car and enjoy it when it gets here. Enjoy the fact that you can order it they way you want it (unlike Mudstang GT500) and get to the dealer right now and put down your deposit like I did....if you're not happy with it when the car comes out the dealer will gladly give you a full refund of your deposit. My dealer put that in writing as well as a guarantee of not charging me more than MSRP.
Geez.....the stress you guys are under is killing me......
Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
You guys are taking this all too serious....there is not going to be a stripper....those days are long gone.
And if you think someone is not going to buy this car because it weighs 200lbs more than you think it should you're wrong there too. Quit nitpicking and enjoy the moment..
Just look forward to the car and enjoy it when it gets here. Enjoy the fact that you can order it they way you want it (unlike Mudstang GT500) and get to the dealer right now and put down your deposit like I did....if you're not happy with it when the car comes out the dealer will gladly give you a full refund of your deposit. My dealer put that in writing as well as a guarantee of not charging me more than MSRP.
Geez.....the stress you guys are under is killing me......
Just out of curiosity - which dealer are you using? I thought we'd have a list of good dealers on this site by now - or have I missed it?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
Just out of curiosity - which dealer are you using? I thought we'd have a list of good dealers on this site by now - or have I missed it?
If I'm not mistaken, dealers aren't really supposed to be accepting deposits right now for Camaro. Not saying that this particular deal is being shady or not, but I've read on this board it's still too early for deposits on a car not yet going into production.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by QATransAm
. Just ask the 1 out of 10 stang owners that actually race their cars.....

where did you get that figure?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
where did you get that figure?
He probably made it up. It sounds ficticious.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
PS....and they're damn tired of having to keep explaining it to you! Dammit!
Thats damn funny! lol
Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
He probably made it up. It sounds ficticious.
Of course it was ficticious, i was mindlessly estimating...
Would you not agree though, that more mustang owners have their cars because its a Stang, and "cuz they hella tight yo"? slow or not. They wouldn't care if their car weighed 5000lbs!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Would you not agree though, that more mustang owners have their cars because its a Stang, and "cuz they hella tight yo"? slow or not. They wouldn't care if their car weighed 5000lbs!
could someone translate?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Lawl. Better and better.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:51 PM

You can order a new camaro atLes Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan 48124. 21730 Michigan Ave. phone # is 800-699-vett, or 313-724-1455.
My sales guys name is Tony Jaber. email is Tony_Jaber@lesstanford.com
You give them a grand and they give you a crummy looking 22nd generation xerox of a "Camaro Waiting List" which says:

"You have the right of first refusal for spot #-- on the Les Sanford Chevrolet' Camaro waiting list. The $1000 deposit is 100% refundable unless the vehicle is a crop ship. If it is a drop ship and you fail to take delivery the shipping to Dearborn, Michigan will be deducted from the deposit and the balance is refundable. The fees and taxes are based upon the buyer's state of residence. The order is subject to GM availability. "

And yes...they even spelled their own name wrong on the xeroxed sheet! In July they already had over 60 orders. Les Stanford is very well versed in out of state sales and they clearly tell you that they have NEVER charged over MSRP on a pre-ordered car. That includes Z06 vettes. It was a Z06 buyer that told me about their policy. They advertise themselves as "the corvette king" and have some good pricing on them right now. I think they recently advertised a Z06 in the newspaper at MSRP.
To the best of my knowlege all dealer's in the Detroit area are taking orders, and some have been since the auto show in January. Some will not guarantee you MSRP until you give them the name of two other dealers that are. When you tell them you will take your business to them they will then give you a receipt guaranteeing you MSRP. I can't remember the name of the other dealer around here who promised me over the phone that they have never and will never charge over MSRP for an ordered car. It was a dealer in Farmington or Farmington Hills, but was a hassle to get to from where I live so I went with Stanford.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 PM

I don't think I would agree with that.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 AM

Folks it is cheaper to build them all with power windows than without. Also ther is more profit in a loaded car than stripped. Most of us understand this so I hope the other catch on

GM builds cars to make money not just to satisfy the life style of a few hundred people when they want to sell over 100,000 cars.

First off Ford, Shelby, Roush and Saleen do no offer stripped car because there is really no market in them.

I also know that few people strip them out as I work in the performance aftermarket and only a hand full of racers strip out a car vs the number built.

I get more people adding things like sway bars, springs and sub woofers than taking out power windows.

The Mustang sells as it is a good looking sporty car that is quick and some what inexpensive in todays market. It also over the last 20 years been cheap to buy the many after market parts for. This is the same formula the first gen was built on.

The fact is the majority of the Mustangs sold are V6 so the looks factor is more important than even performance to most owners. In this price and age group not all can afford to put gas in it or pay the insurance so it is very important to look th part. in other words weight is not a major factor to the majorty of owners.

In the end if you want a stripped car you always have the option of doing what most have done with cars over the years gut it yourself. Most of the light weight cars over the years only sold in numbers between 50-200. Most of these cars went to factory racers in the 60's and few went to private owners. Even in the hey day they were not ment for the public.

The factory light weights of the 60's were not cars for joe public and never were intended to be. They were onky made to get around rules for factory racers. They are rare today just because most were used up in racing as they were intended. Today teams are given or buy facotry in white cars that serve their needs well.

Even the SPO Solstice is just a starting point ans is not that much ligther ir different. Many of the racers take this car ans gut it too.

Even with all the SCCA racers look around as see how many are being sold... Few.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Even the SPO Solstice is just a starting point ans is not that much ligther ir different. Many of the racers take this car ans gut it too.

Even with all the SCCA racers look around as see how many are being sold... Few.
It's not like they're really easy to get either.

Allocation Cycle 16: September 6th: Constraint this week on cars without the (PCM) Preferred Package-0% availability. (Greater than 4 weeks)
.... and it's been that way since June 14.

Quick Reply: Question, involving weight, options