2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Speculation Thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:39 PM

Re: Production Speculation Thread.....

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
normal time from concept to production is 18 to 24 months

and how long is 18 months from right now??????????

REALLY?

Wow that’s a fact that has alluded me over the years...

Oh man sooooo....

Lets say Camaro get some sort of full steam approval in 4 months after seeing most of the main stream Auto shows.....plus another....oh lets say 20 months since that’s “normal” production time for a concept to street...

We could be seeing this end of 2007 beginning of 2008!

That’s a full year before I thought it could be done.....

BUT!

That’s assuming nothing has been done! And just from the CAD designs alone we know Zeta and Camaro are farther along…..hell we know for a fact Zeta was being worked on last year!

OK I’M OFFICIALLY CHANGING MY PRODUCTION SPECULATION TO MID 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by stars1010; 01-11-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by KevinZ44
Most likely NOT as far off as you've been made to believe.

Most likely locating parts and suppliers for the interior components. The autoworld suppliers are in a little rut right now.

Yes, Yes and YES!

SEE MY ABOVE POST

Thanks for the input!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Lets say Camaro get some sort of full steam approval in 4 months after seeing most of the main stream Auto shows.....plus another....oh lets say 20 months since that’s “normal” production time for a concept to street...

gotta start remembering whats at the beginning of the thread more

as punishment, you must go re-read post #1, 2, 3, and 5

Last edited by turbo96z28; 01-11-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:55 PM

gotta start remembering whats at the beginning of the thread more

as punishment, you must go re-read post #1, 2, 3, and 5

Yeah I saw that but they still need to gauge the publics reaction…..obviously good off the bat

And then I’m sure they have to run the dog an pony show for some sort of production approval..

Either way I’m now thinking a year ahead of my first guesses…..2007 here I come!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:56 PM

Yeah I saw that but they still need to gauge the publics reaction…..obviously good off the bat

And then I’m sure they have to run the dog an pony show for some sort of production approval..

Either way I’m now thinking a year ahead of my first guesses…..2007 here I come!

i still got my fimgers crossed for a 40th anniversary model
Old 01-11-2006, 08:56 PM

One thing to remember about concept cars is that they are nothing more than a full scale, ready-to-go cars that are muscled up with interiors that sport the general layout, yet have wacky, non-traditional colors and design materials.

Granted there are concept cars which, when one looks at them (if one pays close attention), he can immediately tell which stage of production they are in.

What you're seeing with the Camaro is nothing more than a pumped up version of an almost complete, production ready car.

GM will come up with some BS saying that "customers wanted it so we're going to make it closer than what we thought," when in reality, this was all planned by GM. They'll make it seem like they care about the Camaro fans (which I'm sure they do) and love them so and that's why they're bringing you their product.

The customer, on the other hand, will feel that "GM loves me and listened to me and now I must give them my money." Everyone walks away happy and you know what? The Camaro sells!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by KevinZ44
One thing to remember about concept cars is that they are nothing more than a full scale, ready-to-go cars that are muscled up with interiors that sport the general layout, yet have wacky, non-traditional colors and design materials.

Granted there are concept cars which, when one looks at them (if one pays close attention), he can immediately tell which stage of production they are in.

What you're seeing with the Camaro is nothing more than a pumped up version of an almost complete, production ready car.

GM will come up with some BS saying that "customers wanted it so we're going to make it closer than what we thought," when in reality, this was all planned by GM. They'll make it seem like they care about the Camaro fans (which I'm sure they do) and love them so and that's why they're bringing you their product.

The customer, on the other hand, will feel that "GM loves me and listened to me and now I must give them my money." Everyone walks away happy and you know what? The Camaro sells!

Yeah that all makes perfect sense to me...I'm surprised in myself that I didn’t see all this earlier.....

By the way Kevin I see you’re relatively new around here. First of all Welcome, this is such a great website, it sucked me in almost 5 ½ years ago and I haven’t missed a beat since.

But anyway, you seem very knowledgeable on this subject; care to explain your back ground in future cars?

I’m just a nut that spends way too much time around here, I’ve gotten pretty good at reading in-between the lines and sorting out false info but other than that I only know only guy at GM and he is more on the manufacturing side and not so much development. Oh yeah and I've read ACAR a few times
Old 01-11-2006, 09:04 PM

i still got my fimgers crossed for a 40th anniversary model
ME TOO!!!

David
Old 01-11-2006, 09:04 PM

normal time from concept to production is 18 to 24 months
How long was it in between when we saw the Solstice and it made production?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
I think it was around 40 months, but if you listen to the last podcast on here Scott talks about how they didn’t even get started on it till almost 2 years after the original concept was shown..So its a flase timeframe for us to look at...So again once work is started, a concept can see production in under 2 years.....we know Camaro was started months ago!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt

i know where your going with this......

the solstice, when it was unveiled, was ONLY a concept. there was no chassis, no business plan, and no plant to build it.

and from things i've heard, the Solstice didn't get the green light for quite some time after it was first shown.

think more along the lines of the Cobalt. Scott said that car was done in 18 months.

i think it's fairer to compare the Camaro concept to the Cobalt than it is to compare it to the Solstice, or SSR for that matter.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:11 PM

Man!... Billy we are just tag teaming this forum!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:13 PM

Man!... Billy we are just tag teaming this forum!

i've been home sick for 3 days (thank gawd i got sick on Sunday night ) and have spent entirely too much time up here!!!!!!!!!

i think i only had like 950 posts Monday morning before the unveiling!!!!

i even did the show schedule sticky for Jason D. he gave me a shout at the bottom.

Last edited by turbo96z28; 01-11-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 PM

I hope and cross my fingers for a 40th anniversary model. Then I would own a 25th anniversary model and a 40th, both Red w/ Black stripes!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:25 PM

TA76's post, from the Toronto Star states,

GM opens door to Camaro
Jan. 10, 2006. 07:43 AM
TONY VAN ALPHEN
BUSINESS REPORTER

GM started work on a Camaro concept car more than a year ago, in view of interest and the nameplate’s strong brand.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421713

Quick Reply: Production Speculation Thread.....