2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The Pride Of Ownership.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt.
I thought of something driving home earlier today that goes back to this "Pride of Ownership" concept...

Shortly after I bought my 95 Camaro (my very first car), I was driving across town to walmart and a 3rd Gen (i'm guessing it was somewhere between 85-89 was running next to me staying with me as we got past 50 and then past 60 and close to 70mph before i got to my turnoff. And as i slowed down and the other guy pulled away I flashed my lights at him twice and in response he tapped his brakes twice. I know it wasn't much and who knows what was going through the other guy mind but at that moment i felt like i was a member of some sort of club. In a way it feels like being a part of a brotherhood which it is. Just a little food for thought.
We don't get much of this anymore, especially in the '95 Z28, but in the '02 35th LE, we still get the occasional thumbs up out the window, and it warms our hearts and makes us smile everytime.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:55 PM

From all the years driving the Camaros I've had I have to say fellow Camaro owners by and large don't wave. Me I look young and sure when I had the Camaro's most of the people I would see driving were young too and wanted to be tougher or race rather than wave.

My experience with riding shotgun or driving a friends Mustang Cobra and it seems that more other Mustang drivers will acknowlege your presence.

Driving my dads old '69 Camaro or '75 Vette convert forget it you got waves and looks from everyone, especially the other muscle cars from that vintage.

I hope the new Camaro is able to reach out to more than just men looking for the performance as I found with the 4th Gen and with it hopefully the "club" will be restored.

If not riding my CBR600RR will always get waves from all other sportbikes!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
From all the years driving the Camaros I've had I have to say fellow Camaro owners by and large don't wave. Me I look young and sure when I had the Camaro's most of the people I would see driving were young too and wanted to be tougher or race rather than wave.

My experience with riding shotgun or driving a friends Mustang Cobra and it seems that more other Mustang drivers will acknowlege your presence.

Driving my dads old '69 Camaro or '75 Vette convert forget it you got waves and looks from everyone, especially the other muscle cars from that vintage.

I hope the new Camaro is able to reach out to more than just men looking for the performance as I found with the 4th Gen and with it hopefully the "club" will be restored.

If not riding my CBR600RR will always get waves from all other sportbikes!
I try to do a wave too, when I'm in my Firebird. I used to wonder why so few folks waved back... then I realized something. It's that windshield! Once I was waving at another 4gen Firebird, and couldn't really see the guy due to the glare off the steeply raked glass. Suddenly it hit me (duh)... I probably look the same way! Sun angles are such that, if you can clearly see the other driver, there's a reasonable chance they CANNOT also see you. I think a lot of waves in these cars go un-received due to that.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 AM

That's a good point! I never really thought about it too much, but I do notice that alot of times my waves will go un-noticed. Now, I think I know why.