2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
View Poll Results: Rate the Camaro Concept on a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest
34.34%
30.48%
18.62%
5.79%
2.90%
2.34%
1.38%
0.83%
0.97%
2.34%
Voters: 725. You may not vote on this poll

OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 03:13 AM

Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

I gave it a 9, one point deducted due to the interior, well mainly the gauges that looked lame and near useless. I know production would be nowhere near that but as the thread stated, rate the concept. I'm not crazy on the two main gauges in the standard position w/ aux gauges down on the console either. Frankly I'd like a more modern wrap around cockpit design to the interior anyway.

Based on the general shape, style, proportions, chiselled features, etc, well the exterior in general really, I would have given the car a 10 if it had a somewhat more modern Camaro-esque interior. I love the exterior more and more every pic and video of it I see...

Last edited by Ray86IROC; 01-12-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 AM

Thumbs up Re: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll

I think it looks great and am already saving!!! Kev!! GET HER DONE!!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:44 PM

I'll give it a tentative 8 until I get a chance to see what Chevrolet does with the concept and I get to test drive one.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:57 PM

I gave it a 9. Overall it looks great but it could use a little tweaking.

What I think will look great is if they changed the roofline a bit like in this Firebird concept over on TGO.

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthre...85#post2696285

Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike91Z28
I gave it a 9. Overall it looks great but it could use a little tweaking.

What I think will look great is if they changed the roofline a bit like in this Firebird concept over on TGO.

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthre...85#post2696285

I like everything on the chop for a Smoky and Bandit Firebird other than the sky part. But not for the Camaro...

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 01-12-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:19 PM

gave it a 9. The interior is too concept to grasp, and I am not entirely nuts about the tailights either. But the thing is awesome from the front and sides and I can tell you that if they build it even close to the concept car, I will be buying it!

The car is unbelievable!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by EZRydda
I rated the concept camaro at a 4. i dont know what everyone sees in it. I looks too much like they took ideas from the charger and the c6, then put em togehter and said "Here ya go". first, its got too many sharp edges. for christ sake tone down the crease on the side, second its too tall, the body is just too thick. the tail lights look like they wanted the c6 idea but forgot to finish them(they look cut off). someone mentioned a spoiler, WHAT SPOILER. give it somthin that sticks up 3 or 4 inches, not out 2. the interior has its ups and downs. its too simple yet too complex. first off, i like gages, lots and lots of guages. i wanna know whats doin what. this aint got squat for gages. second, give me a good place to put my damn radio. loud music is good, but i cant do it with that **** *** factory radio. also what the hell were they thinking?? "WOOD GRAIN" trim. come on now this is 2006 not 1982. lastly the engine. humm, lets see. knowing chevy they will put a big v6 in it, ya know, like a 3.8L supercharged, with the option of a 4.9L or maby a 5.0 if your lucky. for christ sake give me some horsepower. an LT1 or an LS1 would be great. especially if it came stock with a 5.0 H.O. the fifth gen camaro needs to be a car of sportie looks and raw power. the best part of the car is that it has a wide wheel base and big rims, not the little 14 or 15" wheels cars get now days. now dont get me wrong the car has potential, but it needs work. like i said i like the wide wheel base, and the grille. the grill brings back some of that great look of the camaros of 40 years ago. and for god sake give me some damn t-tops.
I still can't figure out if this is a sarcastic post or not...
Old 01-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Unless he has hugely misunderstood what sarcasm is, no. I think he's just not too bright.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:20 PM

Typical GM - designed by too many people, with no coherence..just as the new vette looks like an acura NSX from many angles, the camaro has too many vette cues in it. Also the nose looks like something more at home on a cadillac. GM's always look like a mishmash of styling cues from cars they already make, or somebody elses.

the challenger concept got it right.. it at least looks like it was designed by a team that had a common vision. same with the 'stang.

I thought GM screwed up the camaro by making the 4th gen too similar to the geo storm in overall looks.. they still can't get it right.

they make good trucks though.. as far as Camaros, I'm happy with my 69.

Tom

Last edited by Stormbringer1969; 01-14-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM

7:

Still trying to swallow the front-end whole... but I'm in love with everything else. I pray production will keep those wheels. Doubt it though.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:33 AM

(can't find the link, but the pic is on page 4)

those t-tops are so bad ***, i'd buy 1 w/ em in a heartbeat, (cherry red or onyx black ss w/ black interior and those t-tops, d*mn, huh?)

Last edited by CavvyRacer; 01-15-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:04 AM

OK Chevy. You've come up with another Camaro. I've had two. First, '84, was bogged down with smog emission crap and rusted out within 4 years.
Second one, '89, gave me nothing but trouble, breaking down at the most inappropriate moments. Clutch pin kept breaking, 3 three times, and the engine would not reduce the RPMs when I stopped the car. Nothing like sitting there with the engine going at 5000 rpms. Had to turn it off and wait an hour or so before starting it again. (happened about 6 times and had to have the catalitic converter replaced) Didn't find out that it was a bad "mass air sensor" until after I sold the car at a loss. A friend had the same problem and their mechanic took the time to find out what was causing the problem.
Of course the Chevrolet official "consumer trouble department" didn't even answer my inquiries and the three, that's "3", dealers I took the car to, never fixed the problem. (mass air sensor)
Hope Chevy does a better job on this one.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:01 PM

That's what you get for buying 1 bad 3rd gen, not learning your lesson or doing your homework and buying a second one.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 01-15-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:01 PM

I'm just chiming in to voice my disgust with retro interiors. I don't find them interesting in a concept vehicle, and any hint of it in a production vehicle would be a dealbreaker. The instrument cluster on the new mustang is hideous. Give the camaro a modern gauge layout, please!
Old 01-15-2006, 02:17 PM

camaro concept some facts and opinions

not to burst anyones bubble but the look of the camaro concept really let me down. its not retro. i mean dodge came out with the dodge challenger concept that looks like a dead ringer for a 1970 model. just look at the pics of a 70 challenger compared to the concept. i think the challenger looks better and more retro than the 05/06 current mustang GT which i wanted to buy until i saw the challenger pix. i figured chevrolet would have gone even more retro than the challenger and made their concept more like a 1969 model tho i can see some 1969 cues in the pix, maybe it needs chrome steel bumpers. the 1969 camaro is of course the most popular camaro body style IMHO.

i have always been a mopar guy with an open mind for other performance cars, and my brother was always a chevy guy. he owned 2 1968 camaros, at the same time i had my 1969 charger R/T 440 4 speed. one of his camaros was a base model with a 327, and the other was an SS/RS 350. some of mopar has rubbed off on him as he drives a dodge ram SLT pickup, and has a dodge ram work van. he still has his SS/RS tho. i currently have a 1994 chevy 1500 pickup and just sold a clean frame off restored 1960 el camino i spent 5 years restoring, so obviously some of the bow tie has rubbed off on me too. i also have a 1988 dodge daytona shelby Z i am currently restoring.

i am looking for my next muscle car toy and am saving my pennies. i am not biased and would concider anything tasty from either ford, chrysler, or GM. however to be honest ford always kept the equasion right with the mustang like it or not this is a fact. mustang like camaro and firebird were always youth oriented cars. problem with camaro and firebird towards the end of their lifespan is in order to get the hot set of wheels brand new you had to pile on the options just to get the hot engine combos. most buyers of these types of cars are males from the ages of 18 to 24. the price of a tarted up camaro SS brand new just to get the hot V8 engine was cost prohibitive, but a base mustang GT with V8 was more affordable. i feel this reason alone caused the demise of the camaro firebird twins. money talks. and if you cant sell these cars "brand new" in high volume, as a car manufacturer you pull the plug.

lets look at the current mustang GT. you can get the base deluxe GT hardtop fastback with 5 speed manual, 300HP V8 (after january 2006 its now 340HP), hi po clutch, positraction, big disc brakes, heavy duty suspension and beefy swaybars, and 2.50 inch mandrel bent dual exhaust for $25K. this particular model car also comes standard with power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, 140 MPH speedometer, air conditioning and rear spoiler delete. all this for $25K before even adding options. you can add options like different wheels, dash upgrade, leather interior, better sound system etc. onto its base price. if you can live with a plain black dash, and cloth seats then $25K isnt a bad price for what you get in a new mustang GT before you pile on the options is it

this all being said if chevy and dodge want a piece of mustangs pie they need to do the same as what ford is doing now. keep a reasonable base price around $25K on the V8 performance models to get the 18 to 24 year old males in the showroom to buy the V8 hottie performance model at a reasonable price, and make the leather interior, upgraded stereos, and other options available above the base performance coupe price.

will GM, and chrysler do this?? i remain hopeful that they will follow fords lead on this. if they dont then they will arguably sell a whole lot less of their muscle cars than ford will in the coming years. mustang sales are approximately 200,000 cars per year 50,000 of them are GTs so its obvious they got it right on price.

you can email me at moparmat2000@aol.com i would love to discuss muscle cars with you

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL CamaroZ28.Com "Camaro Concept" Feedback Poll