2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Official Camaro Salesperson Reference Guide released to dealers (scans).

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chevymuscle311
does it mean that the only colors your stripes can be are white stripes or cyber gray stripes?
This is my understanding
Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
The PDF scans aren't doing it for me. Here is all is in living color:
https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/ma...g2_itemId=1125
Click the "Download photo..." link under each one for higher res.
Many, many thanks for getting the color version up in high quality. I feel like Dorothy stepping into Oz, only Oz is full of new Camaros.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:42 AM

the white and cyber grey are stripe colors that you can order from the factory but other stripe colors will be available from GM Parts
Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tigger#76
I'm fairly savy at current audio tech, but I have to ask, what on earth is a seven-channel sub-woofer? That almost sounds like something they'd sell at this site http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8. I guess maybe a seven-channel sub-woofer might be needed when making a burn-a$$ hot rod.
I asked this question when the first press releases came out and assumed it was a mis-print of some sort, but there it is again. Here's another release on the audio system but with no real specifics:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988
Old 08-17-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dest98
I asked this question when the first press releases came out and assumed it was a mis-print of some sort, but there it is again. Here's another release on the audio system but with no real specifics:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988
From the link above: "This is truly a sports car for the 21st century.”
Sorry about going off on a tangent, but why do some in the industry continue to call the Camaro a sports car. Really gets my goat! There, I've said it and I'm done.

Bob
Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by hotdeal
the white and cyber grey are stripe colors that you can order from the factory but other stripe colors will be available from GM Parts
Source??
Old 08-17-2008, 03:34 PM

That's what was said during one of the release day on-line chats. I'm sure the transcripts are up on the site somewhere.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:52 AM

I really wish they would stop using the concept Camaro in advertising pics or on the website and depicting or actually labeling it a 2010 production car. To me it's all about the details and making sure the dealers are accurate in their info will go so much further to cut the silly remarks that we've all hard them spout.
They are close in looks but when it's important to inform your sales people make sure they have the best and most accurate info possible.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by MissedShift
Holy crap, it weighs that much, and doesnt even have a standard spare?

Also, stripes... And an orange interior package?
You gotta actually take time to read things before commenting there, bro.

It's orange stitching in a black interior with interior trim on the dash and doors. It's called the "Inferno Orange Interior Accent Package".

Page 6.

Stripes are a separate option. Comes in white or grey.

Page 4.

As for the weight, take a look at that rear independent suspension assembly (page 9) that looks like it would hold up in a 18 wheeler. When you compare that IRS to a live axle, and it's no mystery where a good portion of the increased weight is.

Last edited by guionM; 08-18-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Sounds like no hud at all at this point.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Admin Emeritus

Not for Start of Regular Production. Probably added later.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
MLL

I just hope they do a "dealer orientation" or whatever for the Camaros down the street from me like they have recently.
Shortly before the HHR's hit the streets I was driving home from work one day and saw this LONG line of HHR's going the other way, must of been about 20 or 25 of them. A while latter I saw them go down the road the other way. So I got in the Camaro and headed down the street. There is a large banquet hall that people rent out for weddings and such. They had some signs out front, something about GM Orientation or something, don't remember exactly. Had a couple of PT Crusiers around as well. Lasted for 2 or3 days I believe.
Well they did it again right before the G8's hit the streets. Only this time there were only about eight of the G8's, couple of SRT Chargers, a Lexus or Infinity (no longer care enough to worry about spotting the difference), and another car or two I don't recall. My guess is they're doing an orientation thing for the dealers and salepersons and sizing up the competition.
I pretty much stayed away and didn't want to intrude or get in the way, but if they do that there for the Camaro's, me and my car will DEFINITELY be spending some time down there. I figure if I pull in in a '67 pace car they won't mind!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Not for Start of Regular Production. Probably added later.
I don't know - they list other options that are due for December 2009, but not the hud. I'd bet that GM sees it as too much of a luxury option to belong on a Camaro, especially since they don't know how well the car will do in the current automotive market.

Maybe that's why the Ignition video is getting retooled - they might've thought HUD would work initially and even if delayed was still worth highlighting. But now that they're spending the money on a new video you really have to wonder if maybe they just decided to not do a hud at all.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

I'd be extremely surprised if HUD wasn't still in the works. They know it is high on everyone's list.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:09 PM

color of the stripes doesnt matter to me anymore.im probably going straight to a VERY good body shop to get the stripes painted on.then cleared over.maybe ghost stripes .depends on what color i go with.

Quick Reply: Official Camaro Salesperson Reference Guide released to dealers (scans).