2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Lutz Offers Details on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 AM

I'm waiting for a photochop with a relatively small black b-pillar....

hint hint....
Old 09-29-2007, 06:07 AM

It never ceases to amaze how the slightest little detail or anything insignificant can create panic, whining, and just downright sillyness.

Keeping in mind that no one has changed Camaro's projected production schedule since it was first announced, and that roof and side impact standards made "B-pillars" almost a certainty from day one........

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
OK, so what does that really mean? And why now is it the "2010" camaro and not the "2009" camaro??????????? We need good news...not this crap.
Good grief man. Does it really matter? It's going to be a year and a few months away regardless, so what's the heartburn in if it's called a 2009 or 2010???

Originally Posted by DvBoard
Damn. I guess going 1st gen is the only option anymore...
So let me get this straight.... the 1st gen is the only option simply because the 5th gen has B-pillars???

Originally Posted by Noth'nLikeaSmBlock
I was cautiously optomistic that this would be pulled ahead slightly... Now, I'm worried... is the General is going to take his foot off the gas slightly because its being labled a 2010

Originally Posted by boxerperson
This seems to be positive news to me. If putting in a blacked out b-pillar increases rigidity and lightens the weight of the car, I'm ALL for it. The visual change will be minor so long as it's blacked out. Also less expensive = good.
Also makes a T-top structurally possible.

Originally Posted by DvBoard
Maybe GM will still make the rear windows roll down power windows? That would be so cool as well as difference itself from all the other cars out there.
Not happening.

Originally Posted by MarcR94v6
I'm waiting for a photochop with a relatively small black b-pillar....

hint hint....
Don't need one.
The rear window glass will hide the b-pillar, so it will look just like the concept's window glass.

Last edited by guionM; 09-29-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:21 AM

So if B-pillars were almost a certainty from day one..... I wonder what else is too?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by toneloc12345
So if B-pillars were almost a certainty from day one..... I wonder what else is too?
Larger rear view mirrors..........slightly taller greenhouse.......slightly smaller wheels............
Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 AM

Hey!!!! I just hear Bob Lutz say they are killing the Camaro and will just build a new large FWD sedan in its place! He also claimed all new cars have to 50 MPG and will be powered by Coleman Generators.

Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, the news could have always be so much worse!

Mirrors, wheels, roof higth, width, interior, brakes, engine, etc, all these will change a lttle and more. BUT!

A good idea of how this car will go is put a picture of the Solstice show car and the production Solstice side by side and you see some of the difference between them appart you will notice few changes.

The over all efffect of the car will carry over and many of the changes will not be notice unless you have a tape measure.

Many of the changes will even make you a happier owner as it will imporve some part of your diving expeirance and life with the car.

Last edited by hyperv6; 09-29-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Lutz
"the standard coupe structure is necessary to keep production costs down and ensure the Camaro's frame is as light and tight as possible"
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't COST and WEIGHT a couple issues we've been crying about for, oh I don't know ..... forever?!?!

Light, tight, and affordable ..... sounds good to me . (<--- that statement could actually have a very dirty interpretation to it?! )

Originally Posted by toneloc12345
Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Larger rear view mirrors..........slightly taller greenhouse.......slightly smaller wheels............
A "normal" gas cap (in the fender, not the fancy one on TOP of the fender). Just a guess .
Old 09-29-2007, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by guionM

Good grief man. Does it really matter? It's going to be a year and a few months away regardless, so what's the heartburn in if it's called a 2009 or 2010???
not a big deal...just the first time (besides motor trend articles) that I've seen it referred to as a '10 and not an '09...so my first reaction was that they're pushing back the release. I'm still happy...B-pillars and all.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 AM

We already know the car is being released in Feb of 09 thats a year & 4 months from now.

If the B-Pilars make it possible for T-tops I say bring it on, ALl But my current 2nd gen I have never owned a Fbody that was a hard top its either been t-tops Or Converible.

If its going to make the car more structurly(sp sorry Just woke up) sound hell bring that on to.

If its going to make the car cost Even cost 1000 less then bring it on.

You know you guys cried your eyes out when the Camaro was put on hold in. 02 Now you guys are bitching about not liking the looks, the fact that its going to have b-pilars, the way the interior looks, Just the least tiny bits of what that car is. Just be lucky the car is coming back & not 30yrs after it stop being in production. We only have to wait 7yrs to get our beloved car back, Not 30 like some of the other cars, like the GTO only to have it fall out of production soon after.

If you guys like the mustang so much better go buy one.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
not a big deal...just the first time (besides motor trend articles) that I've seen it referred to as a '10 and not an '09...so my first reaction was that they're pushing back the release. I'm still happy...B-pillars and all.
Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
If the B-Pilars make it possible for T-tops I say bring it on, ALl But my current 2nd gen I have never owned a Fbody that was a hard top its either been t-tops Or Converible.

If its going to make the car more structurly(sp sorry Just woke up) sound hell bring that on to.

If its going to make the car cost Even cost 1000 less then bring it on.
Couldn't agree with both of these posts more
Old 09-29-2007, 10:30 AM

It never ceases to amaze how the slightest little detail or anything insignificant can create panic, whining, and just downright sillyness.
SLIGHT? There is a bit more then a slight little detail. There have been 40 page WARS over a BADGE!!! Details is going to make this vehicle better then everyone else. Details like a pillarless coupe would make the car that much cooler over other cars. Some of us think that we will be cool with it, and yes the overall Camaro community will probably get over it to get our Camaro, but others will propably go elsewhere.
We all did expect this, but I guess some of us had higher expectations for the car.

Don't need one.
The rear window glass will hide the b-pillar, so it will look just like the concept's window glass.
Huh? How does a clear, transparent object HIDE a solid, B-pillar?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
Well, if at least from the outside there is a smooth surface, free from "interruption" by an external B-pillar . Basically, give it a "clean" look, as if there is no B-pillar. Then all it would take would be a little window tint, and you'd hardly notice it at all .

..... but that's assuming the pillar really is in BEHIND the glass!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:09 AM

It will be behind the glass? So...does that mean we will at least have a frameless doorglass?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z

Not really a good example, but look at the glass top on the vette, there is a full frame under there, but from the outside, all you see is glass (w/ just a little bit of trim and weatherstrip on the sides. If the front edge of the quarter window was blacked out, like whats at the top of the 4th gens rear hatch, it would hide the underlying structure, like it does on the 4th gens, and C6s rear hatch.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 AM

Gotcha, so there will be black paint on the inside of teh glass that will hide the Bpillar, but the outside will still have a glossy finish like glass.

still will look like a black bar. Better then what Mustang has, where the Bpillar is body collor.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
No big deal. If it helps structural integrity and keeps weight down, I'm all for it.

Although I do like the look of the rear side window. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Lutz Offers Details on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro