2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Lutz Offers Details on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:29 PM

Damn. I guess going 1st gen is the only option anymore...
Old 09-28-2007, 04:37 PM

We pointed this out as being very likely a long time ago so it is no suprise.

Cost is a factor as is weight and 5 star crash ratings. If they could do it in a cheap easy way I sure it would have been done but it's not.

Just be glad to have a great affordable fun to drive car coming.

The bottom line is if the pillar means that much to you it also means you really did not want this car very bad to start with.

Heck 75% of all of us never roll the window down for anything more than Mc Donalds or the Bank.

I am sure the B pillar will be black and blended in tastfully so it will not stand out.

Back in the day few first gen cars were driven around with all four windows down as most people didn't want to go around to roll them up by hand as few had power windows.

Word to the wise this is not the only change your going to see. Other things will have to change as Show cars are just that Show Cars and are not ment for everyday used and wear and tear or cost. In the end we will get a good car that is practical and will not be a pain to deal with because they tried to make something look cool.

That B pillar will save you money to buy and insure and just might save a few Lives here.

GM has to deal with the cards they are delt. They are no different from us and do have limitations placed on them for the things they can or want to do. If there was any way they could match the Mustang in price and keep the weight under 4,000 lbs You whould know they would have done it. The first priority is to keep this car safe and competitive in price and performance.

There has yet to be a car that really ever came out the exact way a company had invisioned it. While we can dream about these cars we still have to understand it is still a buisness and they have to turn a buck or they will not build this car at all.

If this car was built like the show car 100% few would pay the price. The SSR has already proven that. It looked cool but the ergonomics and cost were horrible. No one should ever have to open a door to move a electric seat!

Last edited by hyperv6; 09-28-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by km9v
What's the big deal? It will probably have a thin, blacked out b pillar. So what?
Originally Posted by 94Camaro_Z_28
I prefer the B-pillar....so this is good news IMHO.
Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
looks cooler without one.
Originally Posted by 96 Z 28
Ahhh not really the end of the world
That's what I said. I wish it would not be that way, but I will bet you my car keys that IF it could be made WITHOUT a B-pillar to where it was SAFE and AFFORDABLE, the Camaro Team WOULD have made it happen.

Originally Posted by embpic
That kinda sucks actually. I guess we will have to see how it looks. I would take that to mean the rear 1/4 glass will not roll down now?
Doubtful, again it needs to stay affordable. I believe that adding roll down rear windows would not have been a value to many buyers for the cost it would add.

Originally Posted by QATransAm
If its like the mustangs B....yuck, totally ruins the look. I could deal with a thin blacked out pillar.
Rest assured, the Camaro team knows VERY well that we want and in light of the recent developments, they know they need to do everything they can to make it look good.

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
I'm more worried about it being called a 2010 and not a 2009!
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
As for the year.....I think they are just as confused as we all are as to whether it will be called a 2009MY or not....maybe that's a hint.
When did GM actually say it was going to be a 2009? Anyone ever notice that these forums stopped being referred to as "2009" Camaro forums a few months ago?

Wonder what the '09 Vettes will be costing by then?
More than a Camaro.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 PM

2010 - Really?

I was cautiously optomistic that this would be pulled ahead slightly... Now, I'm worried... is the General is going to take his foot off the gas slightly because its being labled a 2010
Old 09-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Noth'nLikeaSmBlock
I was cautiously optomistic that this would be pulled ahead slightly... Now, I'm worried... is the General is going to take his foot off the gas slightly because its being labled a 2010
NO. The revelation of the assigned model year shouldn't change a thing...including the release schedule.

Right here....

Originally Posted by cjmatt
the camaro has always been a 2010 model....it comes out in 2009 just like the rest of the 2010s......
Old 09-28-2007, 05:09 PM

Worry not, the delivery date to the showroom hasn't changed. Most cars introduced after the new year starts starts off w/ the next years MY. It happened just last year w/ the '07 Tahoes. Happened in '83 too w/ the '84 Vette. Calm yourselves
Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 PM

I'm not surprised in the b-pillar, but I am disappointed. I don't believe that it couldn't be done, it just couldn't be done and still keep Camaro priced close to the Mustang.

That just about seals Camaros fate with me as a buyer. If they next come out and say there will be no Z-06 inspired Super Camaro in 2011 (aka Z-28), that would be the nail in the coffin.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 PM

This seems to be positive news to me. If putting in a blacked out b-pillar increases rigidity and lightens the weight of the car, I'm ALL for it. The visual change will be minor so long as it's blacked out. Also less expensive = good.

Good news. And of course it's a '10. It's coming out in '09. That's almost always how it works.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM

B-pillar is much better in rollovers. Trad hardtops facilitated convertibles. Who wants a car with a chassis weight like a convertible? B-pillar is the more realistic choice, adding to structural integrity. And being cheaper is an added bonus. This is really a non-issue.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Maybe GM will still make the rear windows roll down power windows? That would be so cool as well as difference itself from all the other cars out there. It's the least they coudl do if they have to include a B pillar.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Give us T-tops now!

(Yeah, I know the answer is no)
Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by boxerperson
Good news. And of course it's a '10. It's coming out in '09. That's almost always how it works.
I was under the impression that first quarter of '09 (as it's targeted) would make it an '09 not a '10.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:14 PM

Eh....doesn't affect me.....I'm still buying a vert.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
NO. The revelation of the assigned model year shouldn't change a thing...including the release schedule.

Right here....
Jason,
I'll have to trust you on this one, but doesn't the addition of a b-pillar drastically reduce the argument against t-tops? A b-pillar would 'correct' the look of the car with t-tops, and a sunroof in a camaro just doesn't have the same appeal.
I know, I know, there's no use crying over spilt milk... just dreaming again
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
I was under the impression that first quarter of '09 (as it's targeted) would make it an '09 not a '10.
Well the 04 GP arrived in March of 03 and the 05 GXP GP arrived in March of 04 as 05. GM has done some other model as early intro's of cars in late first quarter for the next year.

It would not be shocking to see it called a 2010 when it arrives in Feb 09.

There are no rules as if GM wants to release a car in 08 as a 2010 there is nothing that could stop them as long as it meets the present federal rules when is release.

Quick Reply: NEWS: Lutz Offers Details on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro