2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

News from Camaro Marketing Manager regarding Transformers DVD contest...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
If you've ever actually seen "Bumblebee" - you know that his paint is 'special' -- so it's unlikely you'll see a "Bumblebee" edition in volume in that color on dealer showroom floors -

That said -- there will be more info. forthcoming after the actual contest is out there -- and the vehicles that will be won are production Camaros -- specially painted in the Bumblebee color..........

..........so those WILL be collector cars!
Excellent! Any chance they will be numbered?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroRick
Except Quebec ........ I swear, I live in the crapiest province !!! This is B.S. !!!!
Maybe because you guys do so much VIN fraud or because you want to separate.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
Maybe because you guys do so much VIN fraud or because you want to separate.
Damn seperatists, they're always .... I'll have to use my buddies address accross the border in CANADA.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by CamaroRick
Damn seperatists, they're always .... I'll have to use my buddies address accross the border in CANADA.
LOL.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 AM

In the highly likely event that I don't win a Bumblebee Camaro, I hope at least that we'll have the option for a paint colour as closely matching as possible, with stripe packages avaliable as well. I've heard horror stories about the '93 Pace car paint scheme so I'm putting money on vinyl stripes rather than painted, as much as I hate to say it...
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 PM

I may have to buy this one in regular and HD formats
Old 10-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Primus
Not true. The exclusive contract is only for two years. I fully expect this movie out on Blu-ray at that time.
Not true, the exclusive contract is indefinite. Straight from Paramount CTO Alan Bell:
PCW: Will this exclusive period extend for a limited time, or is this an indefinite arrangement?

Bell: At this moment in time, it's an indefinite commitment. The core of this announcement comes from our experience, and what our consumers are looking for. We hope this will influence consumers' choices.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...y/article.html

For the home theater buffs, you can pick up a Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player on Amazon for $229.

Since I never win anything, here's hoping the Camaro gets a factory paint color close to Bumblebee's (and the optional stripe package).
Old 10-05-2007, 04:44 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Shellhead
I haven't seen a Bumblebee in person - how is the color special? Is that why it looks orange in some pics and yellow in others?
You kinda answered your own question -- the color has incredible 'shift' and 'fire' -- and when you see it in person, you understand that it's quite difficult to paint in a regular production plant body/paint shop.

Not saying that we can't get 'close' -- but as the old adage sez:

".........close -- but no cigar!........"
Old 10-05-2007, 06:36 PM

Kewl I get to see Bumblebee in person On the 3rd If it is still going to hit seattle, Please scott dont disappoint me & not have at least one of the 5th gens (or bumblebee) in seattle this year.
See ya at the end of the month.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 AM

I have seen that color,it is like a pearl-with-metallic-paint,kinda yellow/gold/orange....no chance to make as a production color,stunning in real life...imagine tonys body shop trying to match/blend that color if you have a small accident...LOL
Old 10-08-2007, 10:40 AM

Where is the contest where I can win the Mack truck Optimus Prime?
What am I gunna do with a stinking Camaro?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM

One piece of news I believe is already being circulated that I can confirm is Chevrolet's involvement with the upcoming "Transformers" DVD launch. In the DVD, you will find a special insert from Chevrolet. Open the insert and you find a website address to register for a chance to win one of three actual production versions of the Bumblebee Camaro. The website will offer you the opportunity to sign up for information on the upcoming Camaro launch.

The DVD and the website will be available on October 16, 2007. The sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, except in the Province of Quebec, over the age of 18. Make sure you sign up to win a very unique Camaro and for updates on the launch including upcoming Camaro appearances.
Question... Seeing as I'm buying it regardless tomorrow, do we think this insert come with the HD-DVD version as well or just the basic DVD? If I have to buy it twice, once for HD, and once for a chance to win a Bumblebee, I'll do it...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
Where is the contest where I can win the Mack truck Optimus Prime?
pfft.. dummy..

Optimus Prime was a Peterbilt

Old 10-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Sweet...I'll pick up a copy tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 PM

chevy.com/camaro

I just saw the preview for the transformers DVD, and that's the web address they gave for the contest. It's not up yet, so I figure it will come up tomorrow/midnight maybe.

They said a customized production 2009 Camaro, and then at the end of the contest ad it said "Chevy Camaro, Coming 2009". So blah.

Quick Reply: News from Camaro Marketing Manager regarding Transformers DVD contest...