2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:32 PM

From another board...

hey, i finally have something to contribute.

The reason for the white color is this. When you first start to build a new platform car such as this one, the first cars are called production trial cars.
the white color shows fit and panel alighnment better than any other color.
They are called "body in white" cars. You use those to find out what it takes to get consistant quality. at this point you probably have the exterior panels
the way that they will be in production and are finalizing the placement of the aprons that hold inner fenders and other stuff. also you are looking for harmonics in the car,(stuff that rattles) and adding ridges in the sheet metal to correct this and about a zillion other things. these cars will be driven to get miles on them and gone over with a fine tooth comb.
but ultimately these body in white cars will be crushed. they are not considered customer quality cars. oh and by the way, those different color cars are pulled from the trial cars and are carefully painted by craftsmen just for these shows. they are white under those colors.
I know you said you were busy scott, but is that why they're white?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM

I love it. I love it. I love it. Can't wait to put in my down payment.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:55 PM

With every picture released the excitement and anticipation grows within me.

After going through every page of this thread, I think I need
to take a Lorazapam!

I want this car.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
100%, in fact I'd stake my life on it. If you can't see it, get a better monitor or see an eye doctor.

However I will say in the photo on the right, it looks like the missing dashpad is in place.
You may be right. I didn't think about the dashpad. What else do you think is missing in the interior pics here:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...-shots/555822/
Old 01-06-2008, 06:34 PM

looks plain.....maybe it's the white.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
You may be right. I didn't think about the dashpad. What else do you think is missing in the interior pics here:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...-shots/555822/
According to Scott we are looking at only 65% of a completed car so that leaves 35% missing.

And yes a white incompleted car looks plain. When will this plain topic end?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM

So is the gas lid on the other side? Does it still look like the concept?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Thanks for the kind words, Christianjax - but no need to pity me -- I'm blessed to be able to have but a small part in bringing you the best Camaro ever -- by a long margin.

See-- if you go thru this site -- there are many people that are loving what they're seeing -- mebbe not at first -- but people are already getting excited when they may not have been three weeks ago. Further -- many of the other sites are even more enthusiastic --

What bothers me are the few on this site that belittle people for becoming excited.

YOU'D THINK THAT THIS -- IS -- A -- CAMARO -- ENTHUSIAST -- SITE WITH THE WAY MOST OF YOU ARE CARRYING ON AND LOVING THE CAR -! !!!!
Now STOP Carrying on and STOP getting excited !!! -- a few will think you're just a bunch of mindless people blindly being lead............ Stop it RIGHT NOW and say something critical!!!!!!

OK -- now that THAT'S off my chest --

I want everyone to think about something.....

There are a lot of GM's -- in fact the industry's finest -- working on this car.

We want this to be the best Camaro ever -- in terms of straight out performance-- in terms of ride and handling for every-day use -- but also the best in terms of handing on a road course as well. (some of you forget that the late 4th gen cars will STILL shame most of what's on the road today......regardless of price...) -- and we want it to be the best in terms of interior comfort and quietness.........

BUT -- (pay attention) -- we are concentrating on something else as well....

PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP.......

Yes -- PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP....

We want you to go out and climb into one of these new Camaros -- we want you to fire up the engine -- we want to actually SEE the look on your face as you floor the accelerator for the first time (PUT THAT SEATBELT ON........) --

.......we want you to be so blown away that you can't write the check or sign the papers fast enough.

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

We want you to enjoy the respect this car will bring to those of you who take it to the track...

We want people who may not even KNOW what a Camaro is -- to take one look -- and say "OMG -- what is that and where do I sign?"

We take this very seriously -- very seriously. Most of us were around to watch in mourning as the 4th gen 'rode off into the sunset' -- believe me -- you don't KNOW what pain that was for most of us -- you don't KNOW the sleepless nights -- and painful days. Yes -- it was very much like losing a child to some of us. (no -- I'm NOT kidding....)

So - just understand that we know there's a high expectation -- and we intend to meet those expectations. WE have a lot at stake here -- this is our livelihood -- and it's our PASSION............

'Nuff said for now.........
ummm......... i could have sworn youve said the same exact thing on other threads. Youre sounding like a salesman.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
From another board...

"but ultimately these body in white cars will be crushed"

If this doesn't clearify to people how much money, time, and effort it takes to prepare a clean sheet design for a full production run, nothing will.

Which convinces me even more this will be a great car. Everyone knows GM is still treading on thin ice when it comes to the overall finances of the company (although that ice has been getting thicker lately). The development of the Camaro must be costing them MILLIONS as we speak. Each one of the production trial cars, cars in while, etc. must cost GM at least a quarter of a million in material, labor, maintenance, and research/develpment. At least. And then, when they're all done they are going in to the heap. The crusher. To meet the same fate as any wrecked up junker, burned out ten dollar jallopy meets. Oh, what I would give to save just one from such a fate.

I thought I heard the first silver concept cost about 2 million. So, I would estimate the costs are now down to a quarter mill a piece. So by the time one lands in my garage it will be $25,000.00

Last edited by fastball; 01-06-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
ummm......... i could have sworn youve said the same exact thing on other threads. Youre sounding like a salesman.
probably because I keep hearing the same comments over and over......

Wanna get rid of that Mustang and buy a REAL performance car?????
Old 01-06-2008, 10:30 PM

Oh ROFL!!!!! I think that is already quote of the year!

FBF just insulted M*stangs (and told the truth) openly LOL!! Too good!

Last edited by IZ28; 01-06-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 PM

Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 AM

ya, but i cant afford a viper. and wouldnt want to downgrade to a camaro, so i'll keep waiting. thanks for the offer though!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 AM

i love pretty much love the whole package. the only thing i don't like is having some of the gauges down by the shifter. i hope they put water temp and oil pressure gauges higher so i can see them without totally taking my eyes off of what i'm doing. i wonder what gauges they plan on putting by the shifter?
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 AM

[QUOTE=Fbodfather;5089865]Yes -- PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP....

We want you to go out and climb into one of these new Camaros -- we want you to fire up the engine -- we want to actually SEE the look on your face as you floor the accelerator for the first time (PUT THAT SEATBELT ON........) --

.......we want you to be so blown away that you can't write the check or sign the papers fast enough.

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

QUOTE]

Man that post just got me excited. I remember when I picked up my 4th gen. After the test drive I couldn't stop smiling while signing the papers! I still park it in the back of the parking lot and look back at it with a sense of pride. I can't wait to feel that about my 5th gen. I love the way it looks on the outside! And I'm anxious to see the completed interior.

Quick Reply: NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!