2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Mustang? Yes.
Challenger? Yes.
Camaro?

I challenge you to go out and buy a 60s muscle car and then update it so it performs on par with today's muscle cars and is just as dependable and practical as a daily driver. (Trust me, I've tried... it isn't cheap, or even possible imho.)
I thought it was obvious my major complaint is the retro exterior and interior of the cars listed above.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1SunsetSS
I thought it was obvious my major complaint is the retro exterior and interior of the cars listed above.
Understood, but I'm telling you the Camaro isn't as much of a "rehash" as the Mustang and Challenger are. It has influences and styling cues, but it isn't a clone.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:25 PM

Understood, but I'm telling you the Camaro isn't as much of a "rehash" as the Mustang and Challenger are. It has influences and styling cues, but it isn't a clone.
Agree. Certainly at least for the exterior.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Yes -- PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP....

We want you to go out and climb into one of these new Camaros -- we want you to fire up the engine -- we want to actually SEE the look on your face as you floor the accelerator for the first time (PUT THAT SEATBELT ON........) --

.......we want you to be so blown away that you can't write the check or sign the papers fast enough.

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

We want you to enjoy the respect this car will bring to those of you who take it to the track...

We want people who may not even KNOW what a Camaro is -- to take one look -- and say "OMG -- what is that and where do I sign?"

We take this very seriously -- very seriously. Most of us were around to watch in mourning as the 4th gen 'rode off into the sunset' -- believe me -- you don't KNOW what pain that was for most of us -- you don't KNOW the sleepless nights -- and painful days. Yes -- it was very much like losing a child to some of us. (no -- I'm NOT kidding....)

So - just understand that we know there's a high expectation -- and we intend to meet those expectations. WE have a lot at stake here -- this is our livelihood -- and it's our PASSION............

'Nuff said for now.........
Scott,

I love this post. As excited as I have been for the re-release of the new Camaro this post just ratcheted it up off the scale. I bought an 08 Z06 this past Monday to replace the 02 I sold in Oct. and to try and describe how excited I am about having it sit in my garage next to my 01 SS is barely doable. I either poke my head in the garage everytime I walk past or I pull up a chair and spend some quality time amongst them admiring them for what they are. After reading your post I'm more excited about the first time I will be able to pull in and park my new 5th gen Camaro alongside it's stablemates that are keeping things warm for now.

Thank you for that post, thank you for CAMARO, I have faith and I have pride in ownership building with each passing day.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:55 PM

Sorry, but its an illusion with the lighting. I see the same dash bezels as in the interior shots of the camoed car on the trailer.

Are you sure?

I believe this roller coaster ride will only get better...

Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM

Excited to see it in person. I am sure I will still buy one, just really not diggin the interior and the rear, however may be the view. I have owned over 30 chevrolets, most being camaro firebirds, and vettes. YES I AM AN ENTHUSIAST!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 PM

I could'nt agree more....my 69 RS/SS convertible was a "mini tank" in the ride, handling, and comfort department. But.....it was a great looking car for sure. The new Camaro is not a "re-invented" car by any means. It is a new car using nothing but the old name. The technology of todays vehicles is superior in every way to anything from the past that could be rebuilt as new. This is a totally different vehicle that will push the 1st generation cars into the museums in terms of being a daily driver.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 PM

I like the way it looks without a spoiler.

I think that's one of the indicators of a well designed car. I've never been a big fan of non-functional fakery. I'm 47 years old and no longer feel the need for fake plastic stick-on crap from AutoZone.

Those of you who feel the need for fake scoopery that ducts air to nowhere will find plenty of aftermarket crap available to satisfy your adolescent cravings. I am satisfied with the sophisticated muscular look of the car just the way it is.

I even like the OnStar antenna. I think it looks cool.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Just one more year (and maybe a month or three).

I am SO looking forward to this.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 PM

That thing is HOT!!

And here I am griping about the interior being hideous. If the car looks like that, I could care less what the interior looks like! Good Lord Scott, I'm sweating over here. Hurry up and build this thing already!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by 95birdible
Anyone else notice the elcamino looking vehicle on the hauler?
It is OZ - the one you are mentioning is the Holden Ute.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Just one more year (and maybe a month or three).

I am SO looking forward to this.
and its going to be built THIS year!!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Yes -- PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP....

We want you to go out and climb into one of these new Camaros -- we want you to fire up the engine -- we want to actually SEE the look on your face as you floor the accelerator for the first time (PUT THAT SEATBELT ON........) --

.......we want you to be so blown away that you can't write the check or sign the papers fast enough.

......we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again -- as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says "Yup -- THAT'S ALL MINE! -- beware, all of you who drive something so inferior........"

We want you to enjoy the respect this car will bring to those of you who take it to the track...

We want people who may not even KNOW what a Camaro is -- to take one look -- and say "OMG -- what is that and where do I sign?"

We take this very seriously -- very seriously. Most of us were around to watch in mourning as the 4th gen 'rode off into the sunset' -- believe me -- you don't KNOW what pain that was for most of us -- you don't KNOW the sleepless nights -- and painful days. Yes -- it was very much like losing a child to some of us. (no -- I'm NOT kidding....)

So - just understand that we know there's a high expectation -- and we intend to meet those expectations. WE have a lot at stake here -- this is our livelihood -- and it's our PASSION............

'Nuff said for now.........
Sott I wish the people who do not understand what is going on with the Camaro yet would just take the time to see what Chevy and GM has done with the Malibu.

The same company that is bringing us the Camaro had made a Malibu a respected car. While the Malibu was never a bad car it just lacked the styling and details to make it class leading. The Malibu today is changing how many look at GM and I see the Camaro doing the same thing.

I see GM taking the sum of great mechanical parts they always had and finally putting on sheet metal that looks great to the eye and a quality feel to the parts we touch. GM is appealing to our senses now and that is very important as few company do that and just make cars appliances.

I want to steal a verse from a local Son of Detroit that understands maketing and what we are seeing.

Quote:

"If it looks good. You'll see it."

"If it sounds Good. You'll hear it."

"If it's marketed right. You'll buy it."

"But--- If it's real... You'll feel it."

The Camaro is a car you will feel inside as few cars in years have done. Too many years of refrigerator like Honda's and toster like Toyota's have dulled the public and they are ready for cars that stir the soul. GM is doing just that now.

I look at it as if GM can make a Malibu that everyone wants just imagine what the end product for the Camaro will do.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Sott I wish the people who do not understand what is going on with the Camaro yet would just take the time to see what Chevy and GM has done with the Malibu.

The same company that is bringing us the Camaro had made a Malibu a respected car. While the Malibu was never a bad car it just lacked the styling and details to make it class leading. The Malibu today is changing how many look at GM and I see the Camaro doing the same thing.

I see GM taking the sum of great mechanical parts they always had and finally putting on sheet metal that looks great to the eye and a quality feel to the parts we touch. GM is appealing to our senses now and that is very important as few company do that and just make cars appliances.
Exactly. GM's vehicles are starting to fully show the effect of Lutz' influence now. And he's been saying for a while, styling is one area that can have a HUGE effect on a vehicle's success, for little additional development cost. It's not just the Malibu either... the new CTS is winning awards... as are C6, C6 Z06, the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia. I see a good trend developing!
The Camaro is a car you will feel inside as few cars in years have done. Too many years of refrigerator like Honda's and toster like Toyota's have dulled the public and they are ready for cars that stir the soul. GM is doing just that now.
Yep! The time is ripe for US buyers. They're getting a little bored, gazing at herds of lookalike imported sheep-a-cars
Old 01-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Are you sure?

I believe this roller coaster ride will only get better...

100%, in fact I'd stake my life on it. If you can't see it, get a better monitor or see an eye doctor.

However I will say in the photo on the right, it looks like the missing dashpad is in place.

Quick Reply: NEWS: For the Camaro Fans...OFFICIAL GM PIC!