2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TV show staring the Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:57 PM

did anybody notice GM Design logo on steering wheel?
Old 07-17-2008, 01:05 PM

I think putting anything other than the Chevy logo on the grill just wouldn't look right. Look at the curvature of the grill, if you were to put anything there it would just get lost. But that's just what I think.... I'll be watching that too, just for the car.... That's sucha sweet ride.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
did anybody notice GM Design logo on steering wheel?

Im gunna go with...no. That looks like it says "Camaro" on it.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS

Isn't Christian Slater on the shorter side?
I looked it up and he's 5'8"

I personally like the smaller SS badges. It keeps to the concept look. I really like the raised chrome CAMARO letters on the side. I think if it had huge SS badges on the side or on the center of the grill I would wind up taking them off. As it is now if they put the "3 bar grill" like on the mules on the V6 and the "concept" grill on the SS I'm going to be looking for a V6 owner willing to trade.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Black5thgen

I personally like the smaller SS badges. It keeps to the concept look. I really like the raised chrome CAMARO letters on the side. I think if it had huge SS badges on the side or on the center of the grill I would wind up taking them off. As it is now if they put the "3 bar grill" like on the mules on the V6 and the "concept" grill on the SS I'm going to be looking for a V6 owner willing to trade.
Well he's my height so that tells me something.

I agree I like the 3 bar grille from the mules better than the eggcrate concept grille.
I also like the more concept like front fascia seen on many mules as opposed to this one with the more pronounced lower lip spoiler and larger lower air dam.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by 4THGEN Z
Again in the second pic....With the high beltline, one thing that reminds me of the mopar 300C cars is the placement of the door mirror...in the mopars, I find the mirror blocks your view when turning left. Not a deal breaker but.....

Did you have that impression JasonD/ChrisL
thats a tough one... I cant say I noticed, so thats good... but then again, we most certainly were not making any left turns that you'd do on the streets. There was no traffic.... aside from a couple of geese crossing the road.... that we had to watch for.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Black5thgen

holy crap he's short

(i'm used to hanging around people 6' and above )
Old 07-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by ChrisL
airbag here airbag there airbag everywhere. lol
...when talking about the safety that is built in, ...the one engineer commented that if all the airbags deployed, ...there wouldn't be a whole lot of room left, ...they ARE everywhere...
Old 07-17-2008, 04:08 PM

The Camaro he is sitting in is that the final production model or the concept (test mule)?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM

Looks to be really polished preproduction. Probably nothing to really be excited about, interior fit and finsh are most likely just for looks, not for someone to touch and feel.
This will hold off till they can get real ones perhaps?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:15 PM

I like what I see. The A pillars look like the ones in my 300 and so do the B pillar-no big deal. I wonder if seeing a traffic light will be a problem when your 1st in line. I know I have to tilt my head down and look up in the 300. I think the door panel is two tone with a silver (body matching) accent. I wonder if the color will change with the body color. I would also agree with the guys who want ss on the front fenders. Also, if I buy and ss I want the emblem to be larger and bolder.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I noticed it. However, when I thought "feels like a cockpit of a fighter jet", I really liked it. I think I "got" what the designers were trying to do, and you need to drive it really get the feel for it. I can't wait to see if people think the same.
thats one thing i love about the couple of s2000's ive sat in. I love the way you almost "put the car on". you sit down in it with a close feel everywhere, it feels like a tool, its amazing. I know this isnt going to be as tight close of fit as a s2000, but im glad to hear its like a cockpit .
Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 PM

Saw the Ad for this show on NBC tonight. Didn't show the Camaro exterior at all, had an interior shot of him sitting from the side (similar angle as the gun drawn one).
Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 AM

That Cockpit feeling is what I am really excited about. My friends Scion tC has kinda the same feel and I love it. ALso, the seat looks absolutely amazing and the Steering wheel looks very nice. Notice the steering wheel has controls on it.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by 79Zee28
I like what I see. The A pillars look like the ones in my 300 and so do the B pillar-no big deal. I wonder if seeing a traffic light will be a problem when your 1st in line. I know I have to tilt my head down and look up in the 300. I think the door panel is two tone with a silver (body matching) accent. I wonder if the color will change with the body color. I would also agree with the guys who want ss on the front fenders. Also, if I buy and ss I want the emblem to be larger and bolder.
I feel ya. If I have ONE complaint about my Charger is that if you are first in line at a traffic light, you can't see the light. At all. But I love the looks of the high beltline, and low windshield. It looks like a chopped rod. Of course, when I am drivng my new Camaro CONVERTIBLE that won't be an issue, I'll just look OVER the windsheild header.

Quick Reply: New TV show staring the Camaro