2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My opinion of the New Camaro... Good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 95redLT1
He's talkin about the World Series MVP Cole Hamels. This article acts like he got it immidiately. I thought they waited till production started?

http://www.ridelust.com/08-world-ser...a-2010-camaro/
He didn't get it immediately. His car is silver, the one presented at the World Series was red. In fact, he still hasn't picked his up. There was a change made to his order, so the car originally intended to go to him was sold and replaced by the new one. As far as I know he has yet to come pick it up.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 69Camaro327
He didn't get it immediately. His car is silver, the one presented at the World Series was red. In fact, he still hasn't picked his up. There was a change made to his order, so the car originally intended to go to him was sold and replaced by the new one. As far as I know he has yet to come pick it up.
Must be nice....
Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by TemplarKnight
WHO OWNS THIS DRIVEWAY?
Motor Trend test.
http://blogs.motortrend.com/6492567/...ers/page2.html
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sunsetmaro
Every one I know is pissing their pants over the new Camaro, almost enough to need a **** bags. I guess im the poor sport in the group.. Does anyone else feel this way?
I think if you read enough threads here you will find you are not alone in not being bowled over by the new Camaro. It's a car built for passionate people so you are going to find those that didn't have their particular passions addressed.

Be that as it may, the new Camaro is not a copy of a Mustang now any more than it was in 1967. It has a number of styling cues that worked well in the past, and those cues STILL work.

As an aside, I know a lot of folks who worked on the C6 Corvette. The interactions with Corvette owners and Corvette intenders proved that the "mid-years< '63-'67 > are the most universally preferred syled 'vettes. Some "mid-year" style found it's way into the present Corvette. I'm not convinced most will see the C6 as a retro. My point is tha there is some recognition of previous cues that are relied on in the design.

I have been around the new Camaro more than many since the concept was first unveiled. It struck a must have chord with a great number of folks because the style is right on the money for a personal sports coupe. Are there other styling approaches that work for a sport coupe? Sure.
Point is, the 5th gen looks good to lots of people. Thank goodness that there are efficiencies that allow a divergence from a wind tunnel dictated "jellybean" approach. The roads are full of "jellybeans". The jellybean shape works, but jellybeans are not unique.

I have owned every generation of Camaro up to and including the 4th. The fifth gen is a positive leap and a bound forward, yet when I drive one I know I'm in a Camaro.

You are correct that a lot of folks are extremely excited and interested in the new Camaro. I knew this as well as anyone as I have been out on the car show circuit and nothing has cooled in people's interest.

At the ride and drive at Carlisle recently, the folks lined up on a constant basis. We originall were to have four for folks to try, then we made it five. In short order I activated all nine we had for display in our area. Without regard to the number we had to drive, the line was long but cheerful for the opportunity.

I'll grant many may well be trying to spoil people's Cheerios. From what I have seen, lots of folks want a new Camaro rather than "breakfast".

Last edited by 1fastdog; 07-13-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

The only thing I have to add to this thread is that the chrome rings around the tail lights are optional.