2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lutz: No more RWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Z/28lover
^ The only answer I am concerned about right now.

F*ck Global Warming, the Camaro is safe!!!

I'm with you!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:27 PM

"Its too late to stop the camaro"

Why even say or think such a thing?? And for the rest of the lineup, if GM can't stay in the running with the cars they want to make and I loom forward to, there's not much of a reason left for me to be an enthusiast for any new cars.

And RussStang, I think Lutz is looking for someone like you, as he said in his article. Why don't you go down there and solve their problems since getting better MPG is so easy.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Z/28lover
^ The only answer I am concerned about right now.
Safe but for how long? Once the new standards are in place and the 'new' camaro isn't up to spec it will be cancelled yet again.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 PM

Definitely not good news to hear, but understandable I guess, and at least a couple RWD cars will make it through the mix.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Well, the boys over at NASA seem to think it is a reality. Last I heard most of them are pretty smart. Agencies within our own government seem to back up the findings as well.

Most of the reports filed in some of the scientifc journals and magazines I try to follow are pretty descriptive on who the research was done by, and what they are affiliated with. Really, in the scientific community global warming is treated as a very real problem.

Both of these are movies, and I would bet both of them are documentaries as well. I dunno, I have never seen the Al Gore movie, so I couldn't comment on it.
Do some reading before you jump to conclusions. Perhaps watch both movies... Gore's and the one I posted. It will certainly make you think if nothing else. The movie I posted clearly answers a lot of the questions you're raising, such as why certain orginizations feel the way they do, and also just who a lot of these people are who feel this way. Just because there's a guy at NASA who says that global warming is a man-made issue, you don't get the whole story until you learn a little bit about why he feels the way he does... like where the funding & grants that keeps him employed comes from.

But now I'm getting way off topic here. :doh:
Old 04-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Here's an interesting read about global warming.

http://mysite.verizon.net/mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

I think it's funny when libs try to scare people with global warming. Remember a few years ago when Al Gore made a speech about how global warming was going to destroy the earth and he just happened to make the speech in NYC on a day that set a new record low. Another example happened just recently. A few weeks ago some scientists went to the north pole to prove that global warming was impacting the north pole by increased temps. Their mission was cut short when one of them lost 2 toes due to frostbite. At times the temp in their tent was -60 degrees.

If you want to believe the global warming bunk, go ahead and buy some of Gore's carbon credits so you won't feel guilty about your contribution to global warming.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 PM

Oh well...I'll just buy older cars, not a loss for me. I can bet that GM and Ford won't be able to take this hit. Well looks like Toyota can buy out the gov't to kill off the competition now.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
Do some reading before you jump to conclusions. Perhaps watch both movies... Gore's and the one I posted. It will certainly make you think if nothing else. The movie I posted clearly answers a lot of the questions you're raising, such as why certain orginizations feel the way they do, and also just who a lot of these people are who feel this way. Just because there's a guy at NASA who says that global warming is a man-made issue, you don't get the whole story until you learn a little bit about why he feels the way he does... like where the funding & grants that keeps him employed comes from.

But now I'm getting way off topic here. :doh:
So true. In fact a lot of these "scientists" are given the funding with the specific objective of finding evidence to support global warming and man's involvement in it, not to stay objective. If organizations and individuals are handing over money, they are doing it with some interest at stake. They are not doing it to benefit humanity (sadly enough). Just food for thought.

Also, Does anyone know the actual increase in C02 levels over the course of the past 100 years, and what percentage of our atmosphere that represents? I will give you a hint.... it is not a large number.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by CCoop8830
Oh well...I'll just buy older cars, not a loss for me. I can bet that GM and Ford won't be able to take this hit. Well looks like Toyota can buy out the gov't to kill off the competition now.

Toyota will have to conform to any legislation just as American manufacturers will. In fact, you may argue that Toyota will take an even bigger hit since the majority of their cars get worse mileage than a comparable GM vehicle....
Old 04-10-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Casull
Toyota will have to conform to any legislation just as American manufacturers will. In fact, you may argue that Toyota will take an even bigger hit since the majority of their cars get worse mileage than a comparable GM vehicle....
They have their hybrids which cover their *** pretty well. But they seriously aren't going to be hurt that bad at all. I'm just gonna throw this out there...a Vette with 400hp getting 28+mpg on the highway, can that really be changed that much? I mean there are plenty of "performance type" cars getting well under that. The Camaros and Vettes should be fine, but the other GM cars won't fair too well
Old 04-10-2007, 03:04 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I don't want this to become a 'Global Warming' thread......

But I would ask you to consider --

....that up until the mid 90s, many of the same people were sure we were going into another ice age........

.......much of this is based on temperature readings around the globe-- but here's what they aren't telling you.......several hundred Soviet stations went offline in the late 90s -- now.....what do you suppose that does to the average?

.........the southern hemisphere isn't heating up like the northern hemisphere (using their own measurements....)

Should we be prudent? you betcha.

Should we be quick to jump to conclusions? No. In fact, Mr. Gore likes to say there is consensus. Some of the people who taught him have disagreed with him and now they're being dismissed.........

Now -- all of that said ...I haven't a clue about weather prediction -- or atmospheric studies.....so what I say doesn't mean anything other than: don'te believe everything you hear on the TV ........it pays to do your own homework.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by CCoop8830
They have their hybrids which cover their *** pretty well. But they seriously aren't going to be hurt that bad at all. I'm just gonna throw this out there...a Vette with 400hp getting 28+mpg on the highway, can that really be changed that much? I mean there are plenty of "performance type" cars getting well under that. The Camaros and Vettes should be fine, but the other GM cars won't fair too well
yes...corvettes get excellent gas mileage-- but look at the weight and the aerodynamics........quite different than a 6 passenger sedan.

That said -- if it can be done, GM is the one to do it!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM

Scott, reading the article, almost had me in tears imagining GM crumbling at the feet of government regs, but your positivity is really making me hope. Thanks Scott.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
yes...corvettes get excellent gas mileage-- but look at the weight and the aerodynamics........quite different than a 6 passenger sedan.

That said -- if it can be done, GM is the one to do it!
I'm just saying...they've made huge improvements already. They can do it, but not in a real quick timeframe. They need certain cars to keep interest in there cars. The G8 has so many people excited, including me. I don't like 4-door cars, I wouldn't buy one probably. But the G8 has caught my eye. There are some people who don't want to fully grow up when it comes to their car. But the G8 is a nice car that meets in the middle, optional V8 and 6spd but also a 4 door sedan that looks good. I'm not too worried about fuel economy on my car. I drive a 95 Mustang GT with a 5.0 its far from being efficient, but its fun. Thats why I drive it. The Impala fwd is an appliance, those who drive one don't care about the car. So why hurt those who will be spending money on there car that they enjoy?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM

I guess I'm just upset because I was planning on buying either a Camaro or G8 in 2010/11 when I graduate college. I know its a ways off, but I have always planned ahead and tried to make it work. When I was 10 I made it my goal to buy a Triumph Speed Triple as soon as possible...I started out on a smaller bike when I was 16 but bought a Speed Triple when I was 17. 7 years of planning ahead and saving to make it happen. I was determined to get it, and I'm determined to get a new Camaro or G8, but the way its looking now is that they won't have as many variations of the Camaro. I know its "safe", but the price will be jumped up and the HP might be down. That would definately bum me out.

Quick Reply: Lutz: No more RWD