2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which looks like a mean muscle car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 05:09 AM

which looks like a mean muscle car?

Which looks more like a mean muscle car, the concept camaro,concept challenger or the new mustang. Dont have much to say about the mustang but the concept challenger doesnt look like a muscle car, it is still a good looking car but with like a clean design. Where the concept camaro looks like it would eat u alive and with a clean design. What is everybody elses opinon??
Old 01-08-2007, 07:22 AM

Well to the fact your posting this in the 5th gen discussion forum, i think we're all in agreement here, the camaro is up there as number 1.

Then i'd say followed out by the chip foose inspired new challenger concept (cause thats what it looks like, a 1970 challenger that foose re-did)

and then a mustang with either roush or saleen or gt500 package, cause the plain ol gt's dont look that smexy to me at all..

bu thats just my hu mble opinions...

-steve
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

The Camaro is the only one that screams muscle to me in it's most basic of appearances. If you look at the basic GT mustang, it just looks plain until you get all the ground effects and spoilers tacked on to it. Even then, it doesn't look as mean as an unmolested Camaro. The challenger concept just looks like a rounded off touring car to me, nothing that woulds strike fear in the bones of anyone who saw it.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 PM

The Mustang looks like it is frowning

The Camaro looks like it has an evil grin or that it knows something we don't.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 PM

yeah the mustang has always looked like a sad puppy to me
Old 01-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by posaune
The Mustang looks like it is frowning

The Camaro looks like it has an evil grin or that it knows something we don't.
Exactly what I was thinking!

...more like, "heh heh heh..." versus "Awwww man!!"
Old 01-08-2007, 02:39 PM

[/QUOTE]

Challenger looks more like a traditional muscle car than anything on the list.

Mustang is a PONY car, not a muscle car. It's stylish, a bit gaudy, and looks sporty.

The Camaro looks wide & aggressive, and looks like neither a pony car or a muscle car, which I think gives it an edge over the other 2.

Both the Challenger and Mustang represent an easily identifiable catagory, Pony car or muscle car. Camaro's design IMO opens up a new modern catagory.

Neo-Racer? Sports-Touring?

Last edited by guionM; 01-08-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM

The stang looks like its going to **** itself.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Mustang is a PONY car, not a muscle car.

99.999% the same thing!

Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM

is it just me, or do you all also think that the challenger back when it first debuted was just dodge's half hearted attempt to clone a camaro under their badge name. I mean, the origionals rear quarters to me just evoke camaro.. along with alot of other parts of the car as well for that fact.

I do agree that the 5th gen doesnt look muscle car-ish. I think it looks agressive and futuristic more than the other two. The Challenger, well like someone said above looks like a muscle car, which translates to me, it looks old. The stang, looks bloated, overweight, and as someone said sad.

I really like how someone above said the camaro looks like it knows something we dont.. which it probably really does, and well not find out what that is until we step behind the wheel, and sit in that seat, and push that pedal down HARD!!!

-steve
Old 01-08-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906

I'm surprised you chose that particular image to show of the agressiveness of the Camaro.

That is actually one of my least favorite shots.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Purple 92 SS
is it just me, or do you all also think that the challenger back when it first debuted was just dodge's half hearted attempt to clone a camaro under their badge name. I mean, the origionals rear quarters to me just evoke camaro.. along with alot of other parts of the car as well for that fact.
I see your point, but I think the new Challenger looks more old-school Mopar than Camaro-ish, especially around the rear pillar and behind the door (and the taillights, of course). That rear pillar has at least as much Plymouth (think '71 Road Runner) in it as it does '69 Camaro.

That said, I agree that the new Camaro is the best looking of the three new-gen beasts.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM

the camaro 2 me b/c the mustangs looks 2 big in the front..
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by georgejetson
I see your point, but I think the new Challenger looks more old-school Mopar than Camaro-ish, especially around the rear pillar and behind the door (and the taillights, of course). That rear pillar has at least as much Plymouth (think '71 Road Runner) in it as it does '69 Camaro.

That said, I agree that the new Camaro is the best looking of the three new-gen beasts.
You just inadvertantly confirmed what he was saying. The original Cuda/Challenger was a blatant rip-off of the 1st gen Camaro, at least the B/C pillar was, and that's what he was saying.

Therefore, it makes sense that the new one looks like the old one, it's also a blatant copy of the original...which just happens to look alot like the 1st gen Camaro's as well.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
I'm surprised you chose that particular image to show of the agressiveness of the Camaro.

That is actually one of my least favorite shots.
I've never seen that picture before, but I think it looks ultra-aggressive.

Quick Reply: which looks like a mean muscle car?