2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have to tapp out...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:08 PM

I have to tapp out...

Its been a cool journey with a lot of ups and a few downs...a lot of anticipation and some let downs but the journey for me is finally over...I know am going to get flamed and its cool... In my pursuit of happiness I have gotten rid of... I sold my 1995 3.4 camaro totally loved it went to a 1993 z28 I spent for me what I considered a lot of money resurrecting her, and loved every minute, of it and from there in anticipation of the camaro comeing out in 2008 got rid of it and went to a 2000 cadillac sts loved the performance but hated the car, it was a money pit that In the long run I sold my 1993 z28 for 1500$, after putting 20000$ into long story short thats when things began to go down hill....This whole time I'm waiting for the camaro at first I was checking the board daily for information probably for the first year after concept photos were leaked...I fell in love could not wait for information I felt like a addict sometimes comeing to the site five or six times a day then when the 2008 camaro became the 2009 camaro a little disapointment and less visits followed, but what the hell. The whole time this is takeing place I'm changing cars but hoping the release of the camaro is in the near future to know avail, well I ended up tradeing that p.o.s. Sts for A chrysler 300c (cool car) still in the back of my mind eyeing that camaro Then I am hit with 2010....Thinking hell thats some b.s. but I still have a glimmer of hope... Then I see the leaked pics of the model with all tape on it and I am like it still has potential but can tell it is noticeably different from the concept....and then she is uveiled and damn damn dayumn I don't like it I keep coming back trying to see things differently but I don't. I mean I keep trying but I just can't make myself see something that is not there for me I really want to love this car for the past 2 1/2 years I have been a devoted follower of the gospel but now I guess I am just switching religions....The new camaro is cool but it is not in IN MY OPINION
as masculine as the concept the lines aren't as strong I can't speak for nobody else but me, I just am not feeling it and I know it is not in its final trim form but the things I don't like are major....Now if saleen came out with a concept kit that was based on the GTO for around thirty to thirty five grand I would buy it, I loved the concept, I loved the Bumble Bee camaro....I have sacrificed too much to settle for something that I would have to make myself O.K. with I might eventually get another fbody camaro in the future but now I have a void and need something to fix it....Good luck to you all and (Oh yeah hopefully they don't go with that interior it looks very cheap like the G6) I hope you who purchase it are very happy with your camaros....C Ya
Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 PM

GM marketed the Camaro too quickly and too much in a short period of time. It's just grown stale for a lot of people right now.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by j18369
GM marketed the Camaro too quickly and too much in a short period of time. It's just grown stale for a lot of people right now.
agreed
Old 01-26-2008, 08:03 PM

Couple of things...

1. It was never a 2008 or 2009 Camaro, not from GM anyway.

2. The cars NEVER photograph as well as they look in person. You can make the Concepts look plenty ugly from the wrong angles. The differences you see between the good looking concept pictures and the leaked photos are that the concept photos GM chose to release were the best of probably hundreds that they had to choose from. The leaked photo was an unstaged shot they had from testing. Hardly a fair comparison.

But, whatever, don't get in so deep financially w/ something else that you can't get out of it when you see the new car IN PERSON.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:11 PM
b4z

I don't see how you can write off a car that you have not driven yet, much less seen in person.
There are very few changes from the concept to the preproduction prototype. + none of us have seen pics of this car in any color but white.

Back in '03 I excited about the GTO, but the price and the performance and some aspects of it's styling didn't do it for me. Finally in July '04 I drove a A4 GTO. I loved the interior and was very comfortable in it but the steering, the ride and the tranny shifitng up early made it a no sale.
The guys at ls1gto urged me to drive a M6 and to make sure the tires weren't overinflated to 55 lbs. Test drove a M6 in November '04(had to let 20lbs of air out of the tires) and said WOW, so this is what I've been missing. Bought the '04 and now have a '06 GTO. Fantastic car.

So I wrote off a great car that I had driven, gave it a second chance, and bought 2. You're writing off a car that isn't even out yet. I think you should reconsider.

Like a previous poster said the car was never a '08 or a '09. I'm always amazed that people think that a manufacturer can tool and build a car in a year.

Last edited by b4z; 01-26-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM

I can just see Scott's blood vessels popping out of his neck as we speak.....

People are basing their final opinions on a car that is still in a developmental process, not yet finished, and taken with low quality cameras at crappy angles in poor lighting, and the most recent ones with someone who had a few too many cups of coffee this morning.

I completely understand why he gets upset - the car is not done yet! The only fault I could have with GM right now is that they need change their way of developing cars in order to keep the pre-production models out of sight of the modern world with cell phone cameras.

As I've suggested to Scott before, make a plastic realistic looking cover of a 1982 Chevy Citation and put it over the cars they need to take out in public
Old 01-26-2008, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by b4z
I don't see how you can write off a car that you have not driven yet, much less seen in person.
There are very few changes from the concept to the preproduction prototype. + none of us have seen pics of this car in any color but white.

Back in '03 I excited about the GTO, but the price and the performance and some aspects of it's styling didn't do it for me. Finally in July '04 I drove a A4 GTO. I loved the interior and was very comfortable in it but the steering, the ride and the tranny shifitng up early made it a no sale.
The guys at ls1gto urged me to drive a M6 and to make sure the tires weren't overinflated to 55 lbs. Test drove a M6 in November '04(had to let 20lbs of air out of the tires) and said WOW, so this is what I've been missing. Bought the '04 and now have a '06 GTO. Fantastic car.

So I wrote off a great car that I had driven, gave it a second chance, and bought 2. You're writing off a car that isn't even out yet. I think you should reconsider.

Like a previous poster said the car was never a '08 or a '09. I'm always amazed that people think that a manufacturer can tool and build a car in a year.
I would really like to post my pics from the kansas auto show on 03/10/06 and show you the car that I saw and have pictures of .It is not a performance issue its just things that I don't like about the car and they are major appearance things and the pics of the int. just made it worse, no those aren't final products but it will be along those lines..(and if someone could tell me how to post pics from my docs I will)...say what you want the lines are a little different...ford did the same thing with the 2005 mustang vs the mustang gt concept the lines were different not much but still different....I'll say ,this in my wait for the "whatever year camaro its gonna be" had the car come out a few years ago I probably would have purchased it as such...understand the concept photos however and by whoever were leaked and gm had a product at the 2006 auto shows, with that said the camaro the last model was a 2002 model so for all the enthusiast for all the casual for all the swing buyers of the camaro they have had 7 years to test the waters of other automakers for the simple fact that there was no product by gm for that market being the rearwheel drive not only coupe but also the sedan yeah you can say the pontiac Gto which was priced well above the z28 and did not have the feel of the z28 (I have driven both)....all I am saying is one if gm was gonna redo the camaro & it was gonna be four years in the makeing it should have been kept under better wraps because regardless to us being enthusiast the body style by the time it hits th streets will be four years old and just because time stood still for the camaro doesn't mean it will stand still for other makers models. I am speaking from a love stand point....My prom date is a blind date and she is late and she doesnt look like she did in her pictures...that doesn't mean shes not a great date it just means I don't want to go to prom with her anymore...There will hopefully be hundreds of thousands of people to take my place....
Old 01-26-2008, 10:50 PM

Im sorry you had a 3.4L ANY YEAR Camaro and a '93.... Chevy can say what they want about Camaro warranty claims but those '93's were a dog of a different breed!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:23 PM

Holy run-on sentence... I made it about 1/3 of the way through that post and I got tired.

Originally Posted by b4z
There are very few changes from the concept to the preproduction prototype.
I keep seeing people say this here and I really think people are in straight-up denial. There are 3 MAJOR things that we can conclude on by looking at the pictures.. the car is noticeably narrower, it has a taller roof line and belt line, and they have rounded just about every edge on the car (this is especially evident on the rear). You can say that the car will not look the same in person, etc., but what you can do is compare pictures of the concept to the pre-production pictures, and that removes the whole "in-person" argument. If you cannot see these 3 major differences via the pictures, you are blind. I don't care if the pre-production pictures were shot with a 360 degree lense, anybody with any perspective can see this. Now I'm not saying that I hate the pre-prod because of this, I just favor the sharpness of the concept.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 PM

Buh-bye.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:06 AM

See ya in Albuquerque
Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 AM

Concept debuted in Jan '06, production starts in 4Q'08 = 4 years ?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Concept debuted in Jan '06, production starts in 4Q'08 = 4 years ?

Amen. I'm with you on that one!
Clyde
Old 01-27-2008, 02:25 PM

More Camaros for the rest of us then. Looks like I'll be seeing you in my rearview mirror.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:55 PM

That has to be the biggest run-on sentence ever...

....oh yeah and he did post something about not liking the 5th gen and blah blah but the grammatical errors kept distracting me

Quick Reply: I have to tapp out...