2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I find myself asking this question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 PM

Re: I find myself asking this question...

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
People his age?

How old is he????
He's only 50. And he'll do all kinds of physical stuff all day so it's not like he's not able to. He just decided he doesn't want to. Also when other people hi age or even older like his parents ride with him he doens't want them having to climb through a seat. He wants 4 doors and he wants good lumbar support in the seat. Yes this is what he based his purchase around. But people his age have more money then the 20-30 crowd so I guess if he's willing to pay he can get what he wants. Didn't the same thing happen with the 2 door Gran Prix's. No one bought them so you stopped making them
Now when you ride with him in this LS he'll manually shift the thing through all 5 gears at redline and race people so you know he still has a thing for HP, and I've tried several times to get him in another GTO, but he won't go for it due to the above.

I personally wouldn't want a 4 door GTO, but I can see the bigger picture believe it or not. My personal opinion would be to make a 4 door version of what would basically be the next gen GTO, but use a different name because we all know no one thinks the current (grand prix)car is worthy of the name and there's no way a 4 door version wouldn't make people bitch.
So kill 2 birds with one stone and make a 400HP luxury sport BMW killer with a different name if thats what the big guy thinks pontiac is supposed to be.
..although I'm not sure how thats different then the cts-v

Last edited by Aaron91RS; 06-18-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM

jg95z28, it was a comparative figure of speech, I'm not sayin it was bland, just compared to the Bird it appeared much less flashy..
BTW, nice car!..but not original hood, wheels and most likely not original paint scheme...but it looks much better than stock also!..
I owned a '67 Firebird 400, before the digital days(early '80s), and I don't have many decent pictures of it left...and my Dad owned his '68 SS/396. I liked his, and he liked mine, his looked more "buisness" and mine more "style"..that's all my point.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:06 PM

Wow I got to page 5 trying to read everything and just couldn't do it anymore, it was linked over from another site.

All I can say is build it, and they will come.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM

lol overlap.

but i guess the trailblazer, envoy, rainier, and saab SUV must not be overlap then huh
Old 07-25-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28
lol overlap.

but i guess the trailblazer, envoy, rainier, and saab SUV must not be overlap then huh

There is a much larger market for SUVs than there is for a 2dr sporty coupe. Please read the whole thread.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by buzz12586
There is a much larger market for SUVs than there is for a 2dr sporty coupe. Please read the whole thread.
Ya cause if there was a large market for a 2 door sporty coupe then along with the solstice they would have made the sky.

I think the bottom line is not that they can't make both, it's that they decided to not make both.

History will judge if the guy that made this decision was right or a moron.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
Didn't the same thing happen with the 2 door Gran Prix's. No one bought them so you stopped making them

My wife has a 2001 Grand Prix GT Coupe, and if they built one today, she'd have a new Grand Prix. I've mentioned to her more than once, that she should look at the new Grand Prix's. And each time she has told me, if they made a Coupe I would. I think there is a market for them, but right now Pontiac has the GTO as the flagship coupe/musclecar. You could make the same argument for the Firebird, there is a market for it. BUT Pontiac already has a high performance coupe, and it doesn't need another competitor. Also with the price of fuel, GM is going to have a hard enough time selling the Camaro. I'm sure they don't want to even try to sell two RWD V8 coupes with gas at 3.00 a gallon. The bottom line is, the Camaro will live again. But the Pheonix isn't going to rise from the ashes, unless alot of things in the market change. Don't get me wrong i'd love to see another Firebird, but sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Rant Off
Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 AM

I cannot believe this thread is still going through the same arguments when the people most closely related to automotive industry are all saying it doesn't work.

I mean yes sometimes in life the one person saying yes is right and the other 10000 saying no are wrong, but I can't see this being the case.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:53 AM

The bottom line is this. GM has three options.

They can not build the Firebird. Their favorite.

They can create the 4th gen situation all over again. Camaro and Firebird that are essentially identical. YES. They might sell a few more cars total but they will make less money of each one. Not worth it.

OR they can build a Firebird that is different/better than Camaro. Wont happen because, off the top of my head;

Chevy won't allow it, Pontiac has no room for it, GM has no money/place to make it... Lastly the most obvious, all of these armchair enthusiast will scoff at a Firebird thats less than 75% Camaro and wont be able or willing to pay for what would be a disproportinately expensive vehicle.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:26 PM

What ever happened to the possibility of the G5 Turning in to a Firebird (RWD) of course???
Old 08-01-2006, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
He's only 50. ...
Sh*t ... I'm 52 and I made my mother get into the back seat of my Camaro ...
Old 08-02-2006, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by mike24
What ever happened to the possibility of the G5 Turning in to a Firebird (RWD) of course???
When was that ever a possibility?

You're gonna replace a grocery getter like the Cobalt with something more expensive and less practical?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
When was that ever a possibility?

You're gonna replace a grocery getter like the Cobalt with something more expensive and less practical?

You just called the cobalt a "grocery getter"?
I think i just died a little inside
Old 08-02-2006, 11:57 AM

What would you call it?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:32 PM

Mobile supply acquisition device.

Quick Reply: I find myself asking this question...