2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Got this in my email today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:54 AM

Re: Got this in my email today!!!

Well If its nothing I like it, and if its something I like it more! I think it has a nice flow that goes with the car. It has some color and contrast. By the time its in the car and done I think most of you will like it.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by blue 79 Z/28
same, old interiors belong in their rightful cars, i thought this car was not supposed to be a retro copy but a new car with some old styling cues. not a pure retro junk interior. gm has never got this but the interior is the MOST important part of the car. its where the driver resides and its what he lives with 100% of the time with the car. it has to be quality, with good seats and tasteful. go look at the mustang which is way more retro, does the interior look like a 65 mustang? no of course not, its plenty modern. even for such a retro car.

i love my camaros, but its the time in my life i buy something for me, not because of a name, if they fubar the interior and make it like the concept, im afraid ill only be admiring other peoples camaros, and buy something else

Well, hate to disagree(actually I dont, I like a good debate ), but the new Mustang dash has styling cues from the old one. The Camaro dash takes a couple cues, just like the Mustang, but the dash looks NOTHING like the dash from a 69 Camaro

Last edited by ROADRAGE; 10-06-2006 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Well, hate to disagree(actually I dont, I like a good debate ), but the new Mustang dash has styling cues from the old one. The Camaro dash takes a couple cues, just like the Mustang, but the dash looks NOTHING like the dash from a 69 Camaro

I have to agree. The resemblance is passing at best.

I still believe if they would stop showing all the possibilities with that hideous orange it will look much more modern. I like 75% of the interior. Just not that guages down near the shifter and the orange.

The guage cluster behind the wheel is my favorite part actually.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 PM

The orange kicks ***! Originally the concept was supposed to wear orange stripes and that's why the interior was orange to tie it all together. They thought the orange stripes might be a bit too much so the didn't put them on.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:18 PM

I think that interior mirrors the theme of the new camaro nicely. However I am in complete agreement with the orange.... not a fan at all. Nor am I a fan of the gauges down near the shifter. I would have to think those will have to go for safety reasons.

Does anyone know what those gauges were intended to read out on the concept anyway?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by casull
I think that interior mirrors the theme of the new camaro nicely. However I am in complete agreement with the orange.... not a fan at all. Nor am I a fan of the gauges down near the shifter. I would have to think those will have to go for safety reasons.

Does anyone know what those gauges were intended to read out on the concept anyway?
oil pressure, voltage, fuel, coolant temp
Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 PM

stars1010... I feel EXACTLY the same way you do.

disappointment again.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:27 PM

The dash design looks good to me, what will make it look modern and cool is the gauge treatment, if they're digital gauges like the Commodore pics, that will be pretty sweet IMO. A touch screen thing above the HVAC area or whatever will be cool as well. It really looks nothing like the old clunky interior IMO. I'm really looking forward to see what the finished product really looks like, of course Fbodfather's hint seems to indicate this is old stuff so it's all a waste of time to discuss I guess...