2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back for another Camaro focus group! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 PM

I need that spoiler from the concept, this is a deal-breaker for me. If not standard make it an option, the car just doesn't look as good without it.

Angel eye headlights standard or optional

Afterburner look to rear lamps, test mules' look very very cheap

*If nothing else please do not skimp us on the interior, I look back at the 4th gen camaro and like most cars from the 90's the insides are big plastic bubbles, its just not classic.

please consider, thx
Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Make "Selective Magnetic Ride Control" and "Dual Mode Exhaust" either standard on the high end models or optional like on the Corvette.

Make "Competition Gray" available as a wheel finish choice.

Have HUD as an option.

Functional scoop and rear brake cooling "gills" on top model.

Rear "lip" spoiler similar to 1st Gensa.

I understand the need for Option Packages, but make some options available seperately. As an example: the only way to get the "Memory Package" on the Vette is by jumping up to "3LT" for an extra $4500 to pay for heated seats, HUD, 6 disc CD, etc, etc., whether you want them or not.....ridiculous!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ron78Z&01SS
Make "Selective Magnetic Ride Control" and "Dual Mode Exhaust" either standard on the high end models or optional like on the Corvette.

Make "Competition Gray" available as a wheel finish choice.

Have HUD as an option.

Functional scoop and rear brake cooling "gills" on top model.

Rear "lip" spoiler similar to 1st Gensa.

I understand the need for Option Packages, but make some options available seperately. As an example: the only way to get the "Memory Package" on the Vette is by jumping up to "3LT" for an extra $4500 to pay for heated seats, HUD, 6 disc CD, etc, etc., whether you want them or not.....ridiculous!
I second these!

My biggest concern at this point is $$. Affordable V8 Power!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:32 PM

-Function hood scoop
-Rear lip spoiler (like Concept)
-a gearbox that gives you confidence you're in the right gear (the feel)
-appropriately placed scrape guard to prevent damage
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 AM

the car itself is looking mighty fine.

how about making it easier to ORDER the exact car we want.

every time i have ever asked about ordering a vehicle, i get the "welllllllllll, you have to pay up front for the car, and we have to find the paperwork, then the lady who takes the orders in the home office only works every third saturday, so it will be 3 months before the order can be placed, and then you have to wait for it to be delivered, the driver has to push it by hand from canada because his truck broke down........so how about you buy this beeeeeeautiful puke green and **** brown colored POS the owners son has been out destroying last saturday night.

i (and many like me) would like to be able to walk into a dealership, tell them i want to order a camaro, fill out the order form, discuss the price, pay the deposit, then come back in 3-6 weeks and pick up my killer black/gunmetal grey striped, black leather, chrome wheeled, brutal-v8 camaro......all with a smile.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:11 AM

please let this grille hit production. black inserts on the sides of the 5 start spokes might look nice too.

coupled with headlights that evoqs the look of the pics below please. I miss the blue bowtie and the Camaro emblem I dont want anywhere near the exterior.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:12 AM
West South Central Moderator

I'd like to see what they say about direct injected V8s... This includes the turbo diesel...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

I asked my wife, and she said:

1. A low-pitched, agressive exhaust note. She emphasized the low pitch part. "More like a Ford," she said. She's primarily referring to old Ford muscle cars.

2. Telescoping steering wheel and adjustable pedals. She's short (5'3", not that short), and in a 4th gen her only option is to sit with the seat all the way down and all the way forward. This gives her a less-than-ideal view of the road and makes it hard to get in and out of the car.

3. A two-position memory system, so that we don't have to spend ten minutes every time we get in the car we get in the car finding just the right spot for the seat, wheel, and pedals. More than two positions is fine; fewer is not.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:27 AM

Online ordering down to the smallest detail.

A vehicle pick-up process that avoids all contact with salespeople.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Everyone, please read the first post in this thread before replying. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 AM

Move the back up lights to anywhere other than where they are now.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:04 PM

A differential that won't shatter after a few years.

A paint job that's better than what we got on the 4th gens (I don't know about recent cars, so maybe they've fixed that already).
Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Interior Domentions - Driver comfort

Hiya,

Besides my usual rants about Canadian vs. US pricing I would like to see:

Good sized width for the seating to accommodate some of us shall we say "heftier" or "fuller-figured" drivers.

This can be accomplished two ways: don't make the door trim a foot thick with huge pockets and don't make the center console a shopping cart (enough for a few coins and the ownership/insurance papers).

One of the reasons I hold on to my Regal is that I am comfortable in it, seating-width-wise...my wife's car is an '05 Lacrosse/Allure (note: replacement for the Regal) and the damn door trim has these huge pockets that stick in my leg when I drive it.

Oh and full tilt/telescoping wheel to accommodate a wider range of drivers...manual mind you...no need for power.

Hope this doesn't sound too stupid
Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 PM

Id like to bring up (or second the motion) for any questions about direct injection engines.

Id also like to say that the car looks great, and that I also hope for LED lighting throughout the car.
I hope that the Camaro's interior takes off where Malibu left off, as that is teh current benchmark for Chevy or any GM interior this side of CTS.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
* As mentioned by someone else, don't cheap out on interior materials. Mustang has a relatively nice interior... until you actually touch things.
Oh so TRUE! I rented a Haywagon Mustang convertible on my last business trip, and put 550 miles on it in three days, driving around northern California, and I can say it felt like I was pulling on a shift lever from a cheap $29 Christmas toy from Toys R Us. I decided after mile 100 that I wouldn't be buying (or renting) any Mustangs with that interior again.
---

I want an interior that is comfortable enough that I can drive for eight hours without a stiff back or shin splints. The ***** have to be sturdy enough that they twist without side-side bending when I turn them, even when they are get to be ten years & 100,000 miles old. Think BMW. They know how to make switches and ***** that last.

Quick Reply: Going back for another Camaro focus group! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!