2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

GMPP Catalog link - 5th Gen Camaro goodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 PM

What is up with the ground effects?? They aren't matched to the color of the car??? So if I want them I have to pay to get them painted also??
Old 12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
looks like no 4-pack console gauges available...what's the deal with that?...sucks for us 1SS owners.
Originally Posted by XerxesLogan
What happened to the spoilers?
Good question on those. I am thinking that the catalog isn't complete, or there are some options that are "dealership only" items. I will see if I can get some info on this.

Originally Posted by Chevymuscle311
What is up with the ground effects?? They aren't matched to the color of the car??? So if I want them I have to pay to get them painted also??
Aftermarket ground effects rarely come painted to match from any company, if at all.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chevymuscle311
You would have to pay extra for body color matched ground effects if you bought them from GM anyway, so what's the difference?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Good question on those. I am thinking that the catalog isn't complete, or there are some options that are "dealership only" items. I will see if I can get some info on this.
THANKS Jason...please keep us posted
Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
You would have to pay extra for body color matched ground effects if you bought them from GM anyway, so what's the difference?
the difference is that they should come painted already,and if not they should just be in primer and not painted already. instead they already have them painted a matte grey look. kinda janky. it turned me off from wanting the ground effects.

yeah and what happened to the spoilers and all the interior carbon trim kits and all the other cool stuff for the interior?

so the only performance mods that they offer are a cold air intake, mufflers, shifter(if thats concidered performance), and ....thats it i think.? oh and the painted engine cover.

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 12-16-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
the difference is that they should come painted already,and if not they should just be in primer and not painted already. instead they already have them painted a matte grey look. kinda janky. it turned me off from wanting the ground effects.

yeah and what happened to the spoilers and all the interior carbon trim kits and all the other cool stuff for the interior?

so the only performance mods that they offer are a cold air intake, mufflers, shifter(if thats concidered performance), and ....thats it i think.? oh and the painted engine cover.
Mmmm. there's shorty headers which are street legal, spoilers are listed, not shown. On road and "track pack" off road cat back... I also saw quite a few engine pieces in the LS engine section. I did see color matched interior kits...

I would think the 4 guage console piece would be a service part and nor performance part. That's a different book.

The ground effects are a bit too large to offer painted. The cost would be higher initially and if they were scuffed in shipment, you'd pay "twice" for painting them. Also, there's no way to predict what colors will be requested most. Too many additional part numbers, that would also increase cost.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-16-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 AM

ok i forgot the headers.and i mentioned the mufflers. its not a catback, just mufflers and tips. and as far as spoilers i didnt see anything in there for the high wing. and the interior trim pieces were not in there. the door panel and dash pieces are but the pieces they showed at indy that go around the steering wheel and center console were not in there. the only colors offered for the door panels are white , grey,orange, and yellow. who picked just those colors. why not all colors that are available on the cars? i think you should be able to color match your trim with the exterior. also they already painted the ground effects grey. why not just sell them primered and leave it to the buyer to paint instead of offering it in the matte grey? it appears to the buyer that it only comes in this color(which it does) but i think it will appeal to more people if they know it is coming primered ready to paint. not, "here you go you get grey and everyone else does too".
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

also they already painted the ground effects grey. why not just sell them primered and leave it to the buyer to paint instead of offering it in the matte grey?
Haven't we been through this before? They are not painted. Remember this?
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=647110
Old 12-16-2008, 05:08 PM

I have been advised that the paint used on the ground effects package is, for all intents, ready to be prepped and shot another color without need for repriming.

I will offer, that I believe this to be true, however, some colors might match more readily if theres a particular color primer applied. That's just my own opinion, based on my experience. A good painter can nail any job.

What I have been told, from those that should know, was one is better off, all things considered, with the finish chosen and change as desired..

Check with the body shop of your choice.

From what I can tell, the most cost effective choices for the end user were considered in the choices made.

Hope this helps, as the ground effects package does add much to the Camaro's look.

I can see why someone would want the package.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-16-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 AM

so your telling me that they are injection molded in the grey matte paint?. i think there is some kind of paint going on with this kit. they should have just sold it as a primered polyeurethane. the grey it comes in looks textured more than a regular paint.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

I think that at this point, you probably should see them in person to get the accurate feel of what kind of surface it is. Then you can know for sure how your plans will unfold from there.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM

Wow, the black Camaro with the ground fx looks amazing! That picture might have set my targets on one!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:44 AM

I think that at this point, you probably should see them in person to get the accurate feel of what kind of surface it is. Then you can know for sure how your plans will unfold from there.
well either way IF i get them they will be painted black to match the car. but i dont kow if i want to pay 2500 for them. ill probably just wait until someone is selling them on ebay and pick them up there.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:53 AM

well either way IF i get them they will be painted black to match the car. but i dont kow if i want to pay 2500 for them. ill probably just wait until someone is selling them on ebay and pick them up there.
I don't know how fast they might show up on e-bay, but you could get lucky.

$2.5k is not insignificant money, but the kit does make for a definate syling statement on the car. The SEMA "BLACK" car is absolutely sinister in appearance.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
I don't know how fast they might show up on e-bay, but you could get lucky.

$2.5k is not insignificant money, but the kit does make for a definate syling statement on the car. The SEMA "BLACK" car is absolutely sinister in appearance.
im not worried about how much it cost, im just saying that since i couldnt get it added to my order, i might as well wait and pay wholesale cost on ebay. retail is the 2500, invoice was a few hundred less, and im sure ill be able to get ahold of them on ebay for less than 2000. for not seeing them in person and getting the feel for them i am scared to spend 2500 on something that i am not totally sold on. i am sold on the rear diffuser and the side skirts, but the front is what im leary about.

Quick Reply: GMPP Catalog link - 5th Gen Camaro goodies