2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

GM Engineer Hints New Camaro May Be Available Within 1 Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 96TurboTA
Anyone else hear rumors of the TA coming back in 09 shortly after the maro?
Yep.

Right along with Elvis sightings and the planet sponteneously exploding January 1st 2000.

The only people perpetuating T/A rumors seem to be those who make no effort whatsoever on keeping up on automotive news, and make up their own.... stuff.

Originally Posted by cjmatt
GM Engineer Hints New Camaro May Be Available Within 1 Year

In the September 25th episode of syndicated automotive radio program Cruise Control Radio, co-host Les Jackson claims to have seen a photo of the production version of the new Chevrolet Camaro. He claims to have spoken with GM engineer Dr. Terry Woychowski on Sunday at a press event, who showed him a photograph of the production car.

"It looks terrific," Jackson said. He claims the photo he saw looked "even better" than the concept vehicle show earlier this year. While this subjective assessment doesn't tell us much, it's safe to assume GM officials really meant it when they said the production car would be nearly identical to the concept.

Jackson also claims Dr. Woychowski told him GM was "in a real rush to get it out the door," and "don't be surprised if it's by this time next year." General Motors has officially stated the new Camaro will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009. Woychowski comments seem to suggest that date could in fact come at least 12 months earlier than expected.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/...-than-concept/
Although it's a repost, I'm still not sold on the possibility. I believe it's possible GM could have it on the road in a year and a half depending on factory space at Oshawa. The Camaro will by all indications be out ahead of it's announced production date, those in the know seem to feel the car's well ahead of schedule.

But out in just a year? I still doubt it.

I'd even venture into impossibility.

Last edited by guionM; 11-14-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 PM

NOOOO! My budgeted savings scheme is factored for late 08/09. Im screwed!
LOL!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
How about german? Zett aucht und dreizen (I believe I got the spelling right).
That would be Zett Acht und Twanzig .... don't know about spelling but you were closer to a Zed38.

Give me a good looking Camaro with a rumbly V8, 6 speed transmission and a user friendly convertible top and you can call it whatever you like.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by poSSum
That would be Zett Acht und Twanzig .... don't know about spelling but you were closer to a Zed38.

Give me a good looking Camaro with a rumbly V8, 6 speed transmission and a user friendly convertible top and you can call it whatever you like.
Oh, yeah, drie +3 zwie (sp?) =2...ah, it's been 6 years. As long as I can call it fast, it's all good to me.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by poSSum

Zett achtundzwanzig
Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 PM

The Oshawa plant continues to run both assembly lines. Zero movement has taken place inside the plant as of Nov15. I'am hoping to get on the pre production team so i can keep you Guys up to date.I will be one of the first to drive the new production Camero either way.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by GM OSHAWA
The Oshawa plant continues to run both assembly lines. Zero movement has taken place inside the plant as of Nov15. I'am hoping to get on the pre production team so i can keep you Guys up to date.I will be one of the first to drive the new production Camero either way.
Good luck getting on that team! Keep us updated!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 PM

FULLXRACER. I have been on the preproducion team before. Very intersting work. Parts arrive to the plant in large boxes. The body will be sent over from the paint shop on a dolly. A group of 12 will put a car together just like putting a toy modle together. Complete build , put in the fuel fire it up and then take it outside on plant property for a test drive. Oh Yes there is paperwork that has to be done.Recaro front seats are in . Take that to the Bank.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:25 AM

I hope you're not the guy that does the badging on the car.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by CAMAROJOE
NOOOO! My budgeted savings scheme is factored for late 08/09. Im screwed!
LOL!
Don't worry, I'm waiting until the 2012 model year comes out. I figure by then, they'll have worked out any kinks that may have been realized in the earlier designs...
Old 11-16-2006, 09:22 AM

Recaro front seats are in . Take that to the Bank.
Well I heard that Lear DIDN'T get the contract, so I'll believe that somebody else DID .
Old 11-16-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by posaune
Zett achtundzwanzig
Prima!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:28 PM

FULLXRACER. I have been on the preproducion team before. Very intersting work. Parts arrive to the plant in large boxes. The body will be sent over from the paint shop on a dolly. A group of 12 will put a car together just like putting a toy modle together. Complete build , put in the fuel fire it up and then take it outside on plant property for a test drive. Oh Yes there is paperwork that has to be done.Recaro front seats are in . Take that to the Bank.
Believe me, we all want as much information as you can give us. But, please keep in mind that there are most likely what I call 'corporate lurkers' around here, and pretty much every other high traffic camaro forum. Just be careful in what you tell us because we would hate to see you loose your job for telling us some obscure fact that your bosses, bosses, boss said no one is allowed to know yet.

So just keep us informed, but watch for the black suburbans.

Now, this is the first time that I have heard anything about Recaro seats being in the 5th gen. Maybe I overlooked it, but did the concept have Recaros? I know Recaro makes great seats, and has been building factory seats for quite some time now. My old 91 crx had stock Recaro's, great side bolsters and excellent support.

Later.
Fry
Old 11-16-2006, 01:50 PM

I think that's the first I've heard about Recaros as well. I've had Recaro OEM seats in one of my cars, and they were - by far - the best seats, I've ever had. And they were completely manually adjusted....no need for any heavy, expensive, electric motors.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM

Holy huge signature, you put more effort into that than most peoples resumes....hahaha

Quick Reply: GM Engineer Hints New Camaro May Be Available Within 1 Year