CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   GM Engineer Hints New Camaro May Be Available Within 1 Year (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/gm-engineer-hints-new-camaro-may-available-within-1-year-484521/)

cjmatt 11-14-2006 09:40 AM

GM Engineer Hints New Camaro May Be Available Within 1 Year

GM Engineer Hints New Camaro May Be Available Within 1 Year

In the September 25th episode of syndicated automotive radio program Cruise Control Radio, co-host Les Jackson claims to have seen a photo of the production version of the new Chevrolet Camaro. He claims to have spoken with GM engineer Dr. Terry Woychowski on Sunday at a press event, who showed him a photograph of the production car.

"It looks terrific," Jackson said. He claims the photo he saw looked "even better" than the concept vehicle show earlier this year. While this subjective assessment doesn't tell us much, it's safe to assume GM officials really meant it when they said the production car would be nearly identical to the concept.

Jackson also claims Dr. Woychowski told him GM was "in a real rush to get it out the door," and "don't be surprised if it's by this time next year." General Motors has officially stated the new Camaro will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009. Woychowski comments seem to suggest that date could in fact come at least 12 months earlier than expected.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/...-than-concept/

cjmatt 11-14-2006 09:43 AM

has anyone else heard of this? sep25th was a while ago and i hadnt seen anything here about it.

km9v 11-14-2006 09:46 AM

Wouldn't it be nice?

FS3800 11-14-2006 09:50 AM

repost

i believe Jason or Chris mentioned in one of the podcasts that they called Dr. Woychowski and he denied he ever said that, or something
podcast thread

cjmatt 11-14-2006 09:53 AM

ok, well if the mods want to delete this...feel free to

FS3800 11-14-2006 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by cjmatt (Post 4224025)
ok, well if the mods want to delete this...feel free to

cmon cjmatt, i know you saw bumblebee before anyone else.. but this news is over a month old :D

Chevycobb 11-14-2006 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by FS3800 (Post 4224033)
cmon cjmatt, i know you saw bumblebee before anyone else.. but this news is over a month old :D

:lol: oh those were the days.

2lane69 11-14-2006 11:59 AM

Ever since the last time this was posted and the podcast discussed it....I've always wondered if Dr. Woychowski is just denying what he actually did say and do to cover his a$$. Maybe he did in fact show that picture to the journalist in confidence, but was betrayed in his trust. Now, he has to deny it or lose his job.

Just because he was interviewed about it...doesn't mean he was being truthful.

Robert_Nashville 11-14-2006 12:14 PM

Actually, with most manufacturers, his denying it woudl have absolutely no impact...automakers take their product security very seriously and I suspect GM is the same in that regard.

Releasing "news" like that, even if accidential or supposedly "in confidence" would very likely result in immediate termination.

What I'm saying is that I'd say it's far more likely that he truly never said it and not simply that he's trying to cover his rear end. :)

number77 11-14-2006 12:59 PM

Bottom line, GM could have it done by this summer if they wanted to. But they'd rather it not sponanteously explode, have great safety ratings, and research the engine architecture so that it will be very sensitive to mods. This car will have very few problems, they are going over it with a fine tooth comb,

greg_nate 11-14-2006 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2lane69 (Post 4224307)
Ever since the last time this was posted and the podcast discussed it....I've always wondered if Dr. Woychowski is just denying what he actually did say and do to cover his a$$. Maybe he did in fact show that picture to the journalist in confidence, but was betrayed in his trust. Now, he has to deny it or lose his job.

Just because he was interviewed about it...doesn't mean he was being truthful.

...I am hoping this is the case.

With all of GM's trickery as of late (fake Buick Ads, etc.) it wouldn't surprise me if they orchestrated this intentionally. I am still a die-hard 40th anniversary hold-out and a believer that if GM has more than 3 collective brian cells, they will not be upstaged by DCX's Challenger and the refreshed Mustang.

Capn Pete 11-14-2006 01:24 PM

Just sitting, wishing, waiting ;).

greg_nate 11-14-2006 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete (Post 4224471)
Just sitting, wishing, waiting ;).

Are you one of the few hold-outs too?

Capn Pete 11-14-2006 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by greg_nate (Post 4224562)
Are you one of the few hold-outs too?

A 40th Anniversary 2007 Camaro is practically a no-brainer :rolleyes:. A late 2008 release certainly puts a damper on hopes of having an '07 (even if it's a late release, limited edition '07) but wouldn't that be a HUGE shocker if they pulled it off??? ;) I'm not holding my breath, but I have been on the band-wagon for a 40th anniversary Camaro forever :cool:. I've also been crying for a 427 "ZL1" Camaro :yes:. In time, my dreams may all be shattered, but it is only a car ... I'll get over it ;).

Ryan's LT1 11-14-2006 02:38 PM

I am also one of the few 2007 hold outs. I don't care what anyone says, I just have a feeling that we'll see some form of a 5th gen that can be purchased before the end of 2007.

I have absolutely no data to base these feelings on, and I am probably wrong. :lol: