2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dibz28 Camaro Concept Comments

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 AM

Re: Dibz28 Camaro Concept Comments

Also something to remember about the Camaro CONCEPT interior....remember the Mustang CONCEPTS interior, and how much it changed for production? I remember it had those weird speedo/tach gauges that looked like clock gears or something on the outside. The final version was nowhere near that. So there is hope, and precedent for the interior haters.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
we're getting a lot of negative comments about the gages in the console.

Let me ask you this: What would you think if they were there......but Heads up display was standard with that gage package?
See, I said this when the first photos leaked. Now to have Scott actually say the words "heads up" when talking about a Camaro, I no longer have any problem with the interior... go nuts!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
Why doesn't GM have an official spokesperson for the Internet boards?
This is 06, the internet is a huge form of FREE advertising and FREE marketing research. I know you are on here, but it's not your real job.
I would think someday the big 3 will realize how many people they can reach online on message boards like this. How much free feedback they can get, How they can even get photoshops of what someone wants to see and then have 50 people comment and get an instant feel for how well it is recieved without ever lifting a finger.
How they can get a free feel for what options people want and what percentage would be willing to pay what for them.
They can ease complaints, such as ones about weight, by actually reaching a message board with 10,000+users and explaining in detail why it is what it is. This makes the customer(us) feel like we matter and are important much more then a form letter.
There are so many other benefits ,I just for the life of me can't figure out why someone from the big 3 hasn't jumped on this. I'm sure someday someone will and there will be a fulltime person that just types on large message boards all over the internet doing some PR work. I just wonder why not now.
Because this is where the cream of the fan crop hang out and our opinions are usually more towards making the car something that ultimately wouldnt be as accessable to the mainstream buyer. IOW, we want a bad **** hotrod that can do several things. Id think a lot of us regulars would like 3" exhaust with no converters, a 7-speed paddle shifted trans, and a 10-point cage, lol.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Also something to remember about the Camaro CONCEPT interior....remember the Mustang CONCEPTS interior, and how much it changed for production? I remember it had those weird speedo/tach gauges that looked like clock gears or something on the outside. The final version was nowhere near that. So there is hope, and precedent for the interior haters.
FYI: Mustang Concept/Production Photos, including interior.

Not that far apart...
Old 01-25-2006, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by vinz96z
FYI: Mustang Concept/Production Photos, including interior.

Not that far apart...
I was meaning to emphasize the gauges specifically, they ended up almost completely different from the concept. The overall flavor of the interior was the same, sure, but the gauges were different. Also, the gauge on the Mustang concepts HVAC panel didn't make production, a key sticking point to the Camaro interior argument.

Last edited by CLEAN; 01-25-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I was meaning to emphasize the gauges specifically, they ended up almost completely different from the concept. The overall flavor of the interior was the same, sure, but the gauges were different. Also, the gauge on the Mustang concepts HVAC panel didn't make production, and key sticking point to the Camaro interior argument.
Gotcha. I was looking at the overall interior, the exact opposite of what you were doing...
I agree with you then. The overall interior may look very similar to the concept, but the gauges have to change. Judging by Scott's comments regarding the center console, someone is obviously gung-ho at getting them into the finished product. IMHO, I think they'd like to keep them and add the HUD in order to keep simple, vanilla lines of the interior. The HUD allows them to that and just replicate information in a more readable area, namely the windshield.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
we're getting a lot of negative comments about the gages in the console.

Let me ask you this: What would you think if they were there......but Heads up display was standard with that gage package?
DO IT! DO IT!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!!

HUDs are THE BOMB.

While yer at it, PLEASE consider doing a "Performance Plate" on the center console like C3's used to have!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Engine - LS7 V8
Displacement - 427 cubic inches
Compression - 11:1
Horsepower - 500 horsepower @ 6200 rpm
Torque - 470 lb.ft. @ 4800 rpm
Transmission - 6spd Tremec T-56
Final Drive - 3.42:1
EPA MPG - 21 city, 30 highway
Certified Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle

Obviously, the above is speculative, but I swear my brother that it's a great thing to do!

Note the addition of the fuel economy and emissions lines... make the font you use a hair larger so that it stands out. You guys have got the goods in Powertrain to rub the fact that you can make 400hp and 30mpg in everybody else's faces, so get to rubbing!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:37 AM

Boy Pacer, that console is going to be some crowded real estate. Loaded with unuseable, gimmicky, gauges and a cheesy "performance plate".
Old 01-25-2006, 09:47 AM

They could steal the interior out of the new GTO and it would look better than the concept. I just don't like an old interior in a new car.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Fbodfather]Let me ask you this: What would you think if they were there......but Heads up display was standard with that gage package?IQUOTE]

cheap gimmick. I specifically remember you saying one year after the Chicago show your opinion was if it's not functional it doesn't belong on the car. Perhaps that was limited to scoops, but in all I understood it as an entire philosophy towards the car.

HUD would be cool.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ******
I also wanted to mention that I agree completely with what Aaron91RS stated about online feedback. Its is where your sole target market resides, why not use us and be guaranteed that a good percentage of your product will be loved by those willing to fork over the money.
Sole target market? Appearently no one's gonna buy the base car.

I'd venture the majority of the people who will buy a Camaro are not on this or any other enhusiast board.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Boy Pacer, that console is going to be some crowded real estate. Loaded with unuseable, gimmicky, gauges and a cheesy "performance plate".
Silence, heathen.

You'd try to order the car without seat foam if they'd let you.

"Nah, I'll just sit on the springs and it'll be cheaper that way."
Old 01-25-2006, 09:52 AM

ROFL @ PacerX

Hahahaha!!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
Sole target market? Appearently no one's gonna buy the base car.

I'd venture the majority of the people who will buy a Camaro are not on this or any other enhusiast board.
Yup you are right and was my point exactly
Old 01-25-2006, 10:16 AM

I guess I mis-interpreted the use of 'us'.

Quick Reply: Dibz28 Camaro Concept Comments