CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   Dibz28 Camaro Concept Comments (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/dibz28-camaro-concept-comments-423508/)

DIBZ28 01-17-2006 07:30 PM

Dibz28 Camaro Concept Comments

I gave it an 8. I love the body style, the cowl hood, the 69 grille, and the georgous lighted leather interior. However, I'm not a fan of the total 69 retro gauge package location. I don't like the idea of having to look down to see the fuel, water, amps and oil pressure. I do like the large RPM & Speedo gauge but I would have liked to have the remaining 4 gauges in front of the dash like the 2nd generation. Also, I would of liked to have seen the rear end look more like the 70-73 model year with the circle lights instead of the vette like rear end.

Would like to hear your comments about my comments.

DIBZ28

HOTCIVIC 01-17-2006 07:58 PM

Re: Dibz28 Camaro Concept Comments

I'm sure the interior will look quite different on the production version. I think the interior could use some changes too.

!!!TED!!! 01-17-2006 11:39 PM

If you made the tail lights round, than it would actually look like a Vette.

The lights it has now are perfect. They combine the 67 square look, with the later round ones.:cool:

Fbodfather 01-18-2006 12:05 AM

we're getting a lot of negative comments about the gages in the console.

Let me ask you this: What would you think if they were there......but Heads up display was standard with that gage package?

I agree that the gages in that location are by no means driver friendly.

It was a design cue from the 69 Camaro that was put into the concept to judge public acceptance (or lack thereof!) That's one of the reasons it's wise to do a concept first!

Please......if you haven't already done so......give us your feedback at
www.chevrolet.com --then click on 'contact us'

Please understand that you will get a form letter back..simply due to the volume of email we receive.....but you can be assured that every email will be read....and forwarded on to the parties that need to see your comments.

3_z28camaro 01-18-2006 12:16 AM

I am not a big fan of the gauges either, but as Scott said it is a concept. I already sent my feedback to GM back on January 10th. I am thinking of doing a follow-up letter.

Also it was surprising for you to show up on nastyz28, Fbodfather.

Z284ever 01-18-2006 12:22 AM

I didn't much care for the retro instrument panel nor the gauges in the console.

Jalars 01-18-2006 12:58 AM

I agree. The guages in the console look kinda cool, but I know they would get annoying. I had a trio of gauges in that area on an old truck and it was awful having to look down at them all the time. I'd rather spend the extra time it takes to look down at those gauges with my eyes on the road.

I'd leave the gauges in the dash where they belong and extend the console up into the dash like a modern car.

I'm also not one for HUD's. I'm not James Bond.:p

RussStang 01-18-2006 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Let me ask you this: What would you think if they were there......but Heads up display was standard with that gage package?

If the gauges are going to end up being where they are on the production vehicle, then the HUD would definetly help. I think the production car would be better off with better laid out gauges in the first place though, as well as the HUD option on top of it.

number77 01-18-2006 01:20 AM

You guys should change out the yellow-orange, for a blue-ish color or something more easy on the eyes.

I don't hate them, but if someone told me that they were gaudy, I would be able to see their point of view. :)

I do like the one that was in the Colorado Cruz Concept though. :) The Camaro Concept seems too circular.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4...zinter1.th.jpg

5thgen69camaro 01-18-2006 02:46 AM

It was a design cue from the 69 Camaro that was put into the concept to judge public acceptance (or lack thereof!) That's one of the reasons it's wise to do a concept first!

Please understand that you will get a form letter back..simply due to the volume of email we receive.....but you can be assured that every email will be read....and forwarded on to the parties that need to see your comments.

Actualy yes. If you look at the problems Fords been having with the Mustang and switching the gauges back and forth with from Mustang GT to Mustang Shelby where they are reversed. (because you cant see the tach through your left arm) Heads up display would be an awesome soloution. Would the tach be heads up too? What would be included? I love my brothers 02 Grand Prix GXP heads up

That Hugger orange is blinding in that interior. Literally in some shots. I thought you guys were going for 67 look when I saw those big gauges sticking out. I didnt see the 69 in it baring the gauges in front of the stick till I saw a pic(building of the concept GMI) without the glitz. I have to go back and fourth from the pre orange photos of it to judge it fairly.

The interior definately needs the 1st Gen Camaro Script somewhere in the now hugger orange part passenger side.

The origional 69 Dashpad gives a nice flat top that keeps the look even. The concept seems to have a hint of it but it is raised in the center.There seems to be a second dash pad under it that actualy runs into the top of the gauges. The two dash pad look is too much I think but the bottom one does have nice lines that curve to the door. Maybe if the bottom dash pad line came from the doors and has the same angle but was raised to the top and went over top the gauges instead of them being exposed? Before someone says something, yes I do realize it is one dash board now not too dash pads. It is the perception of them I am talking about.

The face of the gauges in front of the stick, would have got at least a little better reception if they were white.

Am I seeing 57 Belair curve of bottom of dash. The curve at the bottom also give the dash at least the tip of the 4th gen look wich not only preceived as imposing but my shins hit in my 98 Could it be pulled back from leg room a touch? It curves back in at the middle like the 57 BelAir which doesnt fit.

Edited to say: I hope this is taken as constructive.

ZaphodBeeblebrox 01-18-2006 10:29 AM

I like the location of the gauge pod on the Monaro/HSV/optional on the GTO... above the center console, angled to the driver. I think the gauges ahead of the shifter, while retro and cool in a concept car, are not a good idea at all on a production model (look at all of the flack cars like the Echo and Ion took for their center-mounted gauges/speedo for the whole car).

A HUD is a great idea. A customizable HUD is an even better idea (let me control what's shown in the display). The GTO has the nice DIC but I find myself constantly flipping through screens because I can't customize what information is displayed in the side screens (and I want to keep the digital speedo active in the center, though I'd prefer if it were a HUD like the wife's GTP had - that sure was a ticket-saver :-)

jg95z28 01-18-2006 10:41 AM

Actually the guages are much closer to the 67-68 layout. 1969 had two big guages, but they weren't in "pods" like 1967 and 1968.

falchulk 01-18-2006 11:04 AM

I dont care about the guages one way or the other! I dont spend my time staring at them in any of my current vehicles so I doubt it will draw my attention in this one. The HUD in any case would be great! I would love a HUD in this car!

Z/28Camaro4life 01-18-2006 11:10 AM

HUD= GOOD

I would like something tasteful in the interior package sort of a modern interior with heritage cues :D (ala mustang, omg I said it kill me now!!!)

HTWLSS 01-18-2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by number77
You guys should change out the yellow-orange, for a blue-ish color or something more easy on the eyes.

Ditto that. The orange is not eye friendly. Example: The one thing I really dislike about our '98 & '99 is the glaring red odometer readout that cannot be dimmed with the rest of the dash, not to mention it looks like a red warning light when you're not looking directly at it. If I could change the color of it, I would. It fatigues the eyes when driving at night for any length of time.