2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION: Before you post a "new" Camaro concept, get in here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 02:50 PM

and btw..every car on the road should look like a 1st gen camaro...the 1st gen camaro is the perfect car..its beutifull
Old 09-11-2003, 01:22 PM

Linky no worky.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by Rajun Cajun
Linky no worky.
do a search in this forum and you will find it, its posted about a million times. ITs okay since your a newbie!
Old 10-25-2003, 12:30 AM

Thumbs up 5th gen Concept

Great job on the redesign, its just what the 1st design was lacking. I love it. Maybe someday chevy will see the light. I hope they bring the car back so I can buy one, for now I will stick with my used Camaros. I can't think of a better place to get the next Camaro from than a designer who is also a fan of the car. Also IMO you have not taken the retro thing too far (like the thunderbird), but have given it just enough flavor from the cars history, while maintaining the agressive look thats such a part of what F-bodies are and always were to myself and many others. Still some will disagree with me, but anyway thats just my opinion!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:59 PM

Cool KrisH Camaro Concept

KrisH I gotta ask man. Why stop there. That is an awesome concept. I'd like to see some of your concepts for other cars in the GM line. Perhaps a Chevelle, Nova, or Impala. Better yet redesign a new split window Corvette.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:43 AM

I guarantee that I won't stop there. Looks like PHR has some plans for me in the near future and I have some plans for them. Just keep your eyes peeled!
Thanks for the compliments!
-Kris
Old 11-01-2003, 08:19 PM

Give Kris H. credit. While everyone talks about it, whines about it, or argues about it, this guy actually designs something workable and good looking. I do this kind of stuff for a living and combining the workable with the good looking is not the easiest job. I also have some ideas for a fifth generation F-body and will probably start to work on one within the next few weeks. If you look in the December 2003 issue of PHR under Good Guys Columbus Car Show you will find Scott Winfield's Retrolet. I know a lot of you don't like the retro look, but the original concept was the owner's. I came up with the most of the design and a large part of the fabricating. This car retains a lot of the '55 Chevy styling, yet still manages to pull off a new car look. Most people at the Good Guys Show thought this was a General Motors concept car. This car drew a huge crowd all weekend and won a Boyd Coddington's Pro's pick. I just want to say, Kris, keep up the good work. Retro may be a passing phase, but it's a phase that will have to be worked through to everyone's satisfaction before it will be done. Personally, I think the new styles are all cookie cutter blobs or sharp edged boxes. This is a nostalgic country and I believe that the retro look works because of that.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:04 PM

I think the reason the Retro version of cars are so popular is because of what it represents. No matter your age these cars help remind people of a simpler time when life was less complicated. Did I live during that age? No, but my Father and Mother did and from there words and stories you can almost relive those times almost as if you were there. The one thing that sticks out the most about those years is the cars. The Muscle car era. The smell of burnt rubber and high octane gas. The thrill of waiting for the light to hit green. The crisp beauti of GTO's, Mustangs, 442's, Camaro's, and of course the Hemi. The amesome sounds and almost bliss feeling of roaring V8's untouched by emission regulations or chocked with emission sensors. The spin tingling feeling you get through your body as you feel the earth shake beneath your feet from the raw power of the engines. The over whelming jolt of adreniline as you drop the clutch when the light hits green.

No I didn't live during that time, but I would sure loved to been around to see it.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:44 PM

LOL
Old 12-02-2003, 03:51 PM

That is still the best damn Rendering of a 5th Gen that ive seen by far. I hope to see it go somewhere.

Later,
-JOhn
Old 12-10-2003, 12:10 PM

Dude Kris I love it. I dunno about all of this retro talk nore do i care. I just freakin love the design of this car. I think that green color wih chrome wheels would look freakin sweet. Hopefully you guys could convence GM and chevy to start building this car in 2007. I know I would buy it as long as it stay lower than 35,000.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by kaoticcamaross
Hopefully you guys could convence GM and chevy to start building this car in 2007.
GM has been reported to have a policy of not accepting designs from sources outside of GM itself, for a variety of very valid reasons...

Unless they made an exception for some reason, which I doubt, this is an impossibility...
Old 12-10-2003, 12:37 PM

So if they freakin hire him he won't b an outside source will he. Solved that problem.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:08 PM

Though it would be nice, it would never happen. GM, like Darth Xed said, doesn't ever look at outside designs. I believe that either Mopar or Ford is a little more lenient on this subject. The Prowler was designed by someone outside of the company. Thanks for the compliments though.

Kris
Old 12-12-2003, 10:01 AM

KrisH... don't be too sure. in GuionM's post he mentioned that Lutz wanted a diff. approach and that designs from outside GM would be the solution. I wouldn't give up on it just yet, remember the General is moving quickly and you never know... If you're in the right place at the right time...

just remember to come back here and post all you creations to keep us thinking and speculating.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: Before you post a "new" Camaro concept, get in here!!!