2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

for all of you worried about the headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:50 AM

for all of you worried about the headlights

I have posted before that I work for a dealer and I had a meeting in vegas and also today for the Denver autoshow I don't have pics but they did show us a slide of the Camaro stating this is the production car and will be exactly how the picture showed. The headlights are closer to the concept they do have what looked like plastic cover over them like the mustang also the front looked better than the ones driving around looked like they have added a front spoiler to the lower vallance to look a little more aggresive.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 AM

:notheadlights:
Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 AM

This is not meant as a personal attack of any sort...

But with something like this, no pic, no backup = no credibility.

That said, if you've really seen it then its good news!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
BBOMG Organizer

Originally Posted by SManZ
This is not meant as a personal attack of any sort...

But with something like this, no pic, no backup = no credibility.

That said, if you've really seen it then its good news!
+1! Around here, that's like saying you slept with Angelina Jolie.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:04 PM

I have not heard or seen

I also work for a dealer in Denver and have not seen or heard anything of the sort. If there was anything on the camaro either in vegas or for the show( only gms and dealers went to vegas, wich dealer do you run or own?) I would have heard something. seeing as i am the gsm and the gm and owner know how much i am waiting for this car. So much so that they are letting me buy at gms. Show us a pic.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM

I guess you did not go to the auto show kick off meeting or to the vegas trip on March 4th. Sorry they did not print me off a picture it went through a slide and said this is the actual production car. So I guess we will have to wait I am just saying that it looks much better up front especially the headlights and just to put some people at ease that it will be better than what is out there now.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:39 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by nolanh
I guess you did not go to the auto show kick off meeting or to the vegas trip on March 4th. Sorry they did not print me off a picture it went through a slide and said this is the actual production car. So I guess we will have to wait I am just saying that it looks much better up front especially the headlights and just to put some people at ease that it will be better than what is out there now.
he is correct.....I made a few remarks at the end of the meeting in Denver.....however -- I was not aware that someone was going to show a picture of the production car -- (which they did).... (and by the way -- the production car had mock-up headlights -- not the duals -- but mock-ups....)
Old 03-28-2008, 01:43 PM

I appologize. I guess I better go have a take with my gm. lol.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:07 PM

Fantastic! Thanks nolanh - I hope you understand our initial skepticism. This is really good news and I'm glad its confirmed. Can you shed some light on if the production headlights have the 'angel eyes'? Are they all halogen or will HID be standard/optional?

Btw...I don't know about the rest of you but I really did get with Angelina Jolie.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:43 PM

I am hoping for angel eyes but they did not show them lit up so all I can say is they look close to the convt. pics that were posted.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:41 AM

ummm Fbodyfather just stated that even the production car they showed didnt have the production headlights......
Old 03-29-2008, 07:40 AM

he is correct.....I made a few remarks at the end of the meeting in Denver.....however -- I was not aware that someone was going to show a picture of the production car -- (which they did).... (and by the way -- the production car had mock-up headlights -- not the duals -- but mock-ups....)
Originally Posted by 95camaroinok
ummm Fbodyfather just stated that even the production car they showed didnt have the production headlights......
He says that nolanh is correct. From my understanding, he is saying that the production car had mock-up production headlights in place of the dual-lens headlights that we have been seeing in the recent camaro pics from Florida.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Meaning the real real headlights have yet to be seen outside of GM and their suppliers...
Old 03-29-2008, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
Meaning the real real headlights have yet to be seen outside of GM and their suppliers...
Isnt this the mockup of them?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Isnt this the mockup of them?

I would put money on yes those are the mock ups of the production headlights. And what we see on the leaked convert pics is not the true production headlights.

Quick Reply: for all of you worried about the headlights