2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.
View Poll Results: Interior: Retro or Modern?
I like/don't mind the retro interior
39.40%
I demand a more modern interior
60.60%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

[Interior] Who likes/wants a retro themed interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by holeshot
I really do understand what you and BD&F are saying about the biased nature of this poll. In all my rants and raves on this topic, I have never quoted the numerical results of this pole. I have never claimed that it proves anything. And, I have never claimed that the interior haters are in the majority, despite the poll implying this very thing. The reason for this is that I do not trust the science of the poll either. I do think it has some value, however, and here is why.

Oh yeh, one more thing, I don’t expect GM to respond to every poll. They have in fact responded to the same issue that is demonstrated by this poll.
This thread was started with

"I think we really need to communicate to Chevrolet our feelings on the concept's interior."

then later followed by another posters comment that

Originally Posted by 2K1SunsetSS
Has GM or Scott made a comment about the results of the poll?
I get the feeling some people pick a topic word a thread to get a desired result on their view and expect GM to respond.

I think it needs to be tweaked and probably will.
My whole point posting in this paticular thread and threads like this where Hey guys Im Starting a thread or poll on why "XYZ" sucks, lets see if GM cares enough to comment on or change this to what I like. This is one thread on many forums. Yes it gives some insight, but if you really want someone to take a look at your poll try to make an unbiased biased poll. The still dont have to or may not have time to, but if they come across it of the many polls and threads it gives it somewhat more credibility. Yes the wording makes a huge difference. This forum is no exception. There is another thread where someone is posting that because of the headlights/foglights hotglued into the grille of the camaro that quad headlights are being considered. We were already told they were not the correct headlights but othe people readily believe that poster.

4) This pole indicates that the interior is very polarizing (term used by FBF also). There appears to be a significant number of people on both sides of the issue. This is the part I feel is valid because it can be supported by other sources of data outside of this website. I don’t feel it is accurate enough provide valid information on percentage or even majority. .
Yeah the guys on that mustang site didnt seem to like what they saw. Id use a better source for reference...
Old 01-24-2008, 07:52 PM

Once again I agree. We don’t have objective numbers. Why quote numbers then? You seem to have a double standard with all of this. Those that dislike the interior must have perfect science and meet your specific criteria in order to a have a valid untainted opinion. You however are allowed to make conclusive statements backed by unsubstantiated values and then claim “opinion”. This may not be your intent. But it does come off that way.
It's useful when forming, and communicating opinions, to reference numbers (even if subjective numbers). I've not made ANY claims to have 'perfect science' here - and have gone out of my way to emphasize the limits of this, as well as my, polls herein as tools for measuring opinions. I'm sorry (truly, I'm not being cute), if I come off as making 'conclusive statements'. But that is within my rights.
I am not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic about your other poll? You really can not claim it refutes this one. It asks a totally different question. I have absolutely no-doubt that the majority of the people on this site will wait for the production car before deciding to purchase, regardless of which “deal breaker” issue they have. I would even vote to wait and my opinion of the interior is that they should scrap it all and start over!
I thought I had made it clear in the first post of my push poll herein - I do want people to vote sincerely (and it appears they have)... but that I was also 'illustrating absurdity by being absurd'. My push poll is meant to show how a pollster can affect poll results if they are clever and have an agenda. It's not meant as an editorial point just for you or for any other individual - but rather to help members here understand poll limits and metric performance factors. Coloring your poll in the FIRST post is a major factor affecting the 'performance' of a poll.

BTW - why can't I stake a claim my push poll refutes this push poll? It's myopic to say 'the majority will wait, regardless of their deal breaker' and then turn around and try to believe all these folks in here 'demanding a more modern interior' are not doing just that. What does 'demand' mean to you? Your statement above makes me think even you doubt the poll results of this thread... as well you should.
You are free to do all of those things you stated. You are also free to discredit, ignore, and discount peoples opinions. You are even free to burry your head in the sand and pretend that everyone loves the interior (Oh wait that is what you are doing.)
Now who's doing the oppressing? I've not discredited anyone. I'm sure every respondent to this poll (and mine) contributed sincerely. I respect all their opinions. But I feel an obligation to point out the circumstances under which they contributed... and those circumstances are not conducive to accurate measurement of un-influenced opinion.

I realize there are some who dislike the concept interior. (Who can possibly ignore them ). That's their right. But chanting that to everyone else here is not going to yield a torch-waving mob for an assault on GM Headquarters.
I apologize for being antagonistic (officially I am going with pissy and frustrated). It is not always easy to tell when you are giving opinion or fact. I never said that I buy on looks only. I never said that anyone buys on looks only. I said that looks are going to be high on some peoples buy criteria and it will be low on others. I personally believe it ranks very high on the list for a RWD sporty coupe i.e. Camaro.
No problem. And you are right about how priorities are a very personal thing for a car buyer. My priorities (performance, value, features, quality) in my purchase tend to tower over other things like interior styling... but that's just me. Or is it?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Yeah the guys on that mustang site didnt seem to like what they saw. Id use a better source for reference...
Yeah, because after all, why would the Camaro team want to steal some Mustang sales.....
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 AM

No. Don't like it at all.

I didn't like the concept interior, and I more than likely won't like the production interior.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
BTW - why can't I stake a claim my push poll refutes this push poll? It's myopic to say 'the majority will wait, regardless of their deal breaker' and then turn around and try to believe all these folks in here 'demanding a more modern interior' are not doing just that. What does 'demand' mean to you? Your statement above makes me think even you doubt the poll results of this thread... as well you should.
The issue I have with this is the “wait choice”. I did not vote because of that. I do not like the interior of the concept car. If the production interior ends up being that unappealing to me, I will have difficulty buying this car. With that being the case, I will still ultimately wait and see. The reason for that is deep down I want to like this car. I want it to succeed. I have been waiting a long time. I want GM to get it right. So I will give it chance when it gets here. I still may not buy it because various issues, but I will wait and see. So you see if I were to vote on this poll, the honest answer would be to wait. That still hasn’t changed my opinion of the interior. That still hasn’t changed my position that I wish GM would redesign it. It still says nothing about whether I will buy this car.

I think many on this board will fall into this same situation. They may truly have “deal breaker” issues with this car. Regardless, I think most will still take a serious look at it when it gets here. They may still refuse to buy because of those issues.

If you ask me: "do I think I will purchase this car based on the apparent direction of the interior"? My honest answer is no. If you ask me: "will I wait for the production car to make by final decision", then the answer is yes. Those are two totally different questions.

Your poll has very little to do with interior opinions and more to do with whether people are willing to wait or walk away from a car unseen.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Yeah the guys on that mustang site didn’t seem to like what they saw. Id use a better source for reference...
It is funny that you mention this. I assume you are referring to the links found in the "5th gen" discussion forum.

Let’s look at that for a minute: Discussion starts with a big picture of the exterior. Most comments are specific to the picture they are seeing. There are no pictures shown of the interior, so we have know idea how many posters have even seen it.

I counted 6 specific comments about the interior: All negative!

Better Sources? lol
Old 01-26-2008, 04:05 PM

The issue I have with this is the “wait choice”. I did not vote because of that. I do not like the interior of the concept car. If the production interior ends up being that unappealing to me, I will have difficulty buying this car. With that being the case, I will still ultimately wait and see. The reason for that is deep down I want to like this car. I want it to succeed. I have been waiting a long time. I want GM to get it right. So I will give it chance when it gets here. I still may not buy it because various issues, but I will wait and see. So you see if I were to vote on this poll, the honest answer would be to wait. That still hasn’t changed my opinion of the interior. That still hasn’t changed my position that I wish GM would redesign it. It still says nothing about whether I will buy this car.

I think many on this board will fall into this same situation. They may truly have “deal breaker” issues with this car. Regardless, I think most will still take a serious look at it when it gets here. They may still refuse to buy because of those issues.

If you ask me: "do I think I will purchase this car based on the apparent direction of the interior"? My honest answer is no. If you ask me: "will I wait for the production car to make by final decision", then the answer is yes. Those are two totally different questions.

Your poll has very little to do with interior opinions and more to do with whether people are willing to wait or walk away from a car unseen.
Egads - I'm amazed then, you did not vote 'wait' in my poll. You just said, just now, you plan to wait and see! That is EXACTLY what I've been pointing out. Why are you going to 'wait and see'? Why not just rule it out right now?

I'll tell you why. I believe (that's opinion ) that like other rational buyers - you don't expect there to be a lot of change between what is known now about the interior, and the final interior. People in your situation know there will be quite a few options not already seen (such as the widely rumored HUD, maybe a nav unit as well), that will show up in the production car. You already know the new Camaro will be a great RWD performance value, its exterior styling is magnificent, and it will likely have great quality as is now seen in the C6 and the new Malibu. Plus you realize that interiors are meant to be OPERATED, not STARED AT. Overall, these factors will most likely counterbalance any negatives felt by the average 2010 Camaro buyer. So it's only natural, you will wait and see before deciding
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM

Egads - I'm amazed then, you did not vote 'wait' in my poll. You just said, just now, you plan to wait and see! That is EXACTLY what I've been pointing out. Why are you going to 'wait and see'? Why not just rule it out right now?

I'll tell you why. I believe (that's opinion ) that like other rational buyers - you don't expect there to be a lot of change between what is known now about the interior, and the final interior. People in your situation know there will be quite a few options not already seen (such as the widely rumored HUD, maybe a nav unit as well), that will show up in the production car. You already know the new Camaro will be a great RWD performance value, its exterior styling is magnificent, and it will likely have great quality as is now seen in the C6 and the new Malibu. Plus you realize that interiors are meant to be OPERATED, not STARED AT. Overall, these factors will most likely counterbalance any negatives felt by the average 2010 Camaro buyer. So it's only natural, you will wait and see before deciding
You are killing me! I just gave you a detailed explanation as to why I said I would wait. Why in hell would I need you to tell me why. Did you read anything I said? Apparently you missed the part where I said I would not buy the car if I hated the interior.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM

Plus you realize that interiors are meant to be OPERATED, not STARED AT.
Soooo...please explain how the Camaro interior, as it sits now, is so easy to operate with gauges on the floor (although that's a great spot for something as rice-tastic as a "torque gauge"), tiny retro font on the speedo and tach and completely weird Sega Genesis radio/HVAC controls. Oh yeah, optional HUD (which I'd have to pay several hundred more dollars for) will clear up all the apparently poor functional design choices made inside this car. I forgot.

Just asking.

Last edited by Z28Wilson; 01-26-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
Soooo...please explain how the Camaro interior, as it sits now, is so easy to operate with gauges on the floor (although that's a great spot for something as rice-tastic as a "torque gauge"), tiny retro font on the speedo and tach and completely weird Sega Genesis radio/HVAC controls. Oh yeah, optional HUD (which I'd have to pay several hundred more dollars for) will clear up all the apparently poor functional design choices made inside this car. I forgot.

Just asking.
1. As for the console gauges. Are any critical, look-at-it-constantly parameters down there? MAYBE oil pressure (although that's iffy, on modern cars it's either 'all-ok' or 'all-too-late'). The other stuff - do you seriously fuss over your bus voltage? No? So why are you so worried about such numbers being front and center.
2. Speedo - totally negated by a HUD. If a couple hundred bux is too much for you to spend on a HUD - better not buy a stout V8 car of any flavor either. Fuel costs, you know.
3. Tach - I won't be using mine on my A6 car to begin with. When I drive manual cars, I shift by sound and feel. I have my eyes on the road a LOT more than on gauges/tach. However - its also possible the HUD (assuming there is one, as rumored) will have that cool little tach curve like the Corvette's HUD
Old 01-26-2008, 11:31 PM

2. Speedo - totally negated by a HUD. If a couple hundred bux is too much for you to spend on a HUD - better not buy a stout V8 car of any flavor either. Fuel costs, you know.
Nah, I'm just wondering why you'd bother to have an analog speedometer at all, if you're going to design it to be so utterly useless.

3. Tach - I won't be using mine on my A6 car to begin with. When I drive manual cars, I shift by sound and feel.
I have never come across a performance car that had a tachometer which was considered "too unimportant" to be easily read. In many performance cars, the tach is actually the largest gauge, front and center. I suppose that is because it is either completely unnecessary or all those other guys don't know how to drive, we Camaro guys do. I just don't know what to say anymore.

If all the gauges you listed (voltometer, oil pressure, speedo and tach) are unimportant, why not just have a big void on the dash and do everything through HUD? At least it would make more sense (and probably save cost!) than to build in such gimmicky ridiculousness like what I see in those gauge pods.

Last edited by Z28Wilson; 01-26-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 PM

My Take On The Interior As Follows The Center Stack In The Dash Is Too
"busy" . Take A Cue From The 67-68. Design . Also I Would Like Too See
Chevy Bring Back The Houndstooth Interior Back For The Rs Option .
Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 PM

Love the current interior, just give us the HUD!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 AM

yuck

i hate the interior with a passion if i bought this car it would all go before i get it home i will not drive a single day with that junk look.

this car is a car i wanted so bad but i think i will wait a couple years to see if they would make somthing much nicer.

beautiful exterior, hate the interior something bad!

when i go to car show and see old cars with a kiss of modern design and the interior is space age. luxury meets formula 1 cars is what i like.

if the guaging was holographic all voice command. but have a stering will that has many controles like radio gears breaks.

tap manual gearbox and many hidden compartments like you would modern cars or minivan to be silly.

why do muscle cars refuse to add an ounce of luxury?

my dream commaro would see me come and say "nice to see you again kevin, shall we go for a ride?" then the doors auto pop open and car starts.

then i put on my helmet and run to the track and bring an extra set of tires so i practice my drifting in my new luxury commaro.

i go big with my wheels i have a sterio that can make your heart skip and hair dance, i have a train horn and a pa system. and i have under carrage lighting for glow effects.

why cant i get all this in 1 place?

i want a murial of autobot symbole on my yellow commaro and i want some very loud pin sriping and role bars for my soft top.

you think im kidding no!!!

please somone inform me who i can turn to to get a whole new iterior because to keep my language clean i put it like this....

I HATE THE INTERIOR WITH A PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM

No offense, but how old are we now?

You sound like a teenager talking about a futuristic wet dream.

I suppose you would also like your Camaro to transform into Bumble Bee also, right?

If it's your dream car at least learn how to spell C-a-m-a-r-o.

Most of the things you are talking about are just silly.

Quick Reply: [Interior] Who likes/wants a retro themed interior?