2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

t-tops anyone or maybe customized

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Demosthenes
How about customization? It's mentioned in the title, but not the thread itself. You think anyone would make conversion kits?
These people do one for the Mustang -- you might want to hit them up when the Camaro comes out.
http://www.jmsproductsinc.com/

Just for fodder, here is a quick chop of a targa (not a great looker in my book, although I love the idea of the functionality).

I, personally think a "glassback" would be worth a look (though to see with the concepts tint though):
Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 AM

the glass roof is sweet.

ttops are sweet too, but their days are pretty much over.

we musn't forget, the main reason we had ttops to begin with was because GM decided in the 70's that convertibles were dead.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rampant
I, personally think a "glassback" would be worth a look (though to see with the concepts tint though):
Yes. Make it partially retractable and I would certainly pay for it.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:14 AM

the first pic with the t tops looks horrible. I think the main two reasons being too much roof behind the t top opening and a lack of a B pillar.

the targa pic looks pretty bad too unfortunately. Again due to the lack of a B pillar. It looks the the roof and going to break off or something.

I like the glass roof idea although I don't think it fits the image of the car. I definately want to roof to be open somehow and a glass roof seems like it may be the best option imo.

The black ss pic looks real nice except the tail pipes and I definately want headlights similar to that or retractable rs style lights
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Who ever said that there wasn't a B-pillar? There could be one behind the side glass. I had thought that for a while and then saw a picture of the new Charger with a hidden B-pillar on another thread the other day. I would EXPECT it to have that pillar.

That said, I am still not sure if it would pass crash standards with t-tops but, man, I would love it if the new Camaro had them!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 PM

i guess im the only one that thinks t-tops looks terrible on all cars? i searched for a good while to find a 4th gen WITHOUT t-tops.. my dad owned a grand national with t-tops when i was 16... they came out once or twice.. but mostly they were just another rattle, and made the car way too hot without the shades, thus defeating the whole being able to look up and see the sky when theyre on... they just look tacky to me
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM

No! T-tops are awesome!

I am curious to see how they would turn out in terms of rigidity and quality with the new quality and structural advancements.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Can they even do a targa top on on the 5th gen.
I would like it even more than the t tops.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 AM

I'd love to see t-tops but believe that will take away from the roof lines. So, my next fav option would be to have a targa top. But, with the looks of that PS up there and the targa (this is the first and only time I'd say it), you'd need a b pillar to make it look right and prolly work right. My last option would be to have a hard top vert.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 PM

Get rid of the leaky T-tops, I prefer more headroom, more security, more crash protection, more rigidity, less heat inside, no more suntanned forehead, less of a chore cleaning and detailing, less cost and less weight in the highest point of the car to lower the center of gravity and improve the handling.

the 1st gen. on which the styling is based never had t-tops anyway, it looks weird with them. Without a B-pillar, it looks like someone just cut the top in his garage (like some people have done with Mustangs).
Old 09-29-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor1
Get rid of the leaky T-tops, I prefer more headroom, more security, more crash protection, more rigidity, less heat inside, no more suntanned forehead, less of a chore cleaning and detailing, less cost and less weight in the highest point of the car to lower the center of gravity and improve the handling.

the 1st gen. on which the styling is based never had t-tops anyway, it looks weird with them. Without a B-pillar, it looks like someone just cut the top in his garage (like some people have done with Mustangs).
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545430

I would be thrilled with a targa or t-tops! Any one know which is more feasible (ie, inexpensive) for GM integrating into the vehicle?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:00 PM

GIVE IT T-TOPS THATS AWESOME WITH T-TOPS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 PM

Red Z/28 with black stripes and T-Tops. I'm sold
Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
b4z

I don't like TTops. They did offer more headroom, but when you hit a bump. OUCH!
The storage was the biggest issue with them. If you were carrying any luggage where did they go?
Also I don't think any of the modern non hatchback cars are set up for them.
I took the TTOps off of my '85 IROC maybe 6 times. Froze my head off each time(i'm tall). They took out much needed structural rigidity, leaked and were pretty expensive.
When I special ordered my '87 IROC there I specifically didn't order them and the body structure was still loose after about 6000 miles.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:14 AM

i highly doubt the availability of t tops... i think its more of a structural issue. A rigid structure resultd in an overall rigid platfrom, less vibration less harshness when hitting bumps... if they have to compensate for the roof not being there the damn things gonna be even heavier than it already is. So i dont forsee a T top... tho i love mine in my T/A

Deebo

Last edited by Deebo; 02-11-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply: t-tops anyone or maybe customized