2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] NEWS: Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Obviously the new CTS-V has a great interior. What are they, two, or three times the cost of a Mustang GT?

And, way to compare apples to oranges... trying to draw a comparison between what is clearly a production-ready CTS-V interior, with optimum lighting and professional effects laid on by graphic artists, with the spy pix we've seen of a cobbled, half-done, cluttered Camaro test mule interior (taken by someone in a hurry to avoid prosecution, hanging off the side of a car transporter)
So what you are saying is that the spy pic interior gives us NO CLUE as to the intent of the production version. You mean the production version isn't going to have goofy dual rectangular gauge pods - like the concept but not quite as nice. You mean the production car isn't getting gimmicky but "cool" and non useable console gauges - like the concept, but not quite as nice. Oh thanks, I feel much better.

The center stack, I'll give you that one - I just can't imagine the production version being quite that bizzarro, but you never know I guess.

Oh, and what difference does cost have to do in an interior design? Drop the nav screen and some trim and why couldn't a Mustang priced car have a nice interior like that? The Malibu comes close.

Last edited by Z284ever; 01-09-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
So what you are saying is that the spy pic interior gives us NO CLUE as to the intent of the production version. You mean the production version isn't going to have goofy dual rectangular gauge pods - like the concept but not quite as nice. You mean the production car isn't getting gimmicky but "cool" and non useable console gauges - like the concept, but not quite as nice. Oh thanks, I feel much better.
Sure, it does seem those spy pix give a lot of clues as to production design themes and shapes. Like any other unique, striking design, those will not appeal to everyone. But I hope that everyone who is considering a new Camaro in their future will give it a fair chance by sitting in and driving one before deciding, instead of jumping to conclusions from incomplete and poor data currently available. Do you stare at an interior of a car, via photos once you own it - or do you get in it and drive somewhere?

Oh, and what difference does cost have to do in an interior design? Drop the nav screen and some trim and why couldn't a Mustang priced car have a nice interior like that? The Malibu comes close.
Cost has a lot to do with it. Yes, I like the new Malibu interior. I also liked the interior of the HHR LT that I rented a while back. It had a lot of heritage-style elements in there - but was also contemporary - for example had a cool little ambient light that shined down on the center stack at night. Little touches like that, make all the difference in helping folks enjoy driving their cars. And again, we simply DO NOT know what the production Camaro interior is like yet. So I'll be in a wait-and-see mode. How about you?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
So I'll be in a wait-and-see mode. How about you?
Of course I'll wait and see - I've waited this long.

But I reserve the right to comment concurrently on things as I see them. FTW.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM

First off , over all i like the car. I don't have a problem with the interior--except the gauges on the floor. I may be the only one, but i hate it. That's called retro for retros' sake. I have a hard enough time reaching out changing the radio, let alone looking at the floor for my gauges. I tend to look a lot. The 3rd and 4th gens had great clusters. Now they put them on the floor because that's the way it was in 69'?? I got news for them, most people have seen old Camaro's, but they havn't been in them. I have a suggestion for GM. Go get a cell phone from the 80's, and stick that in the car too. Just for old times sake.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Wow -- for those of you who know lorcinls1-- he doesn't say much (quiet kinda guy -- ) - so this, in my book -- speaks volumes!!!!

Glad you like it -- but trust me -- it will look much better in the finished form......

Did everyone want us to take something 'off the shelf?' rather than put a special "Camaro" steering wheel on the car?

Also -- keep in mind-- airbags DO take up some room........
You let him touch it didn't you.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:22 AM

I realize the car is not a finished car...but that steering looks freakin' huge, and the gauges on the floor? Might as well not put 'em in freakin' trunk.

Again, I realize this is a mule...

Can't wait to see the finished car. And take away some of Rustangs spotlight (what with all the stupid "Special Edition Mustangs" that come out every quarter).
Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM

"Daddy, can I ride the dead horse too? Please, please!"

I know similar things have already been said and I know I've said something similar before (in one of my few posts in the auto world of the net), but I LIKE the interior direction I see. The absolute last thing in the world I want is to get into my Camaro and have it look and feel like our 'Bu baby hauler or my friends Accord or even my mom's Grand Prix GTP Comp G. I want an interior that has serious attitude and that's constantly saying to me, "You're not in any other car, you're in a Camaro **** it!" If it says that to everyone who ever rides with me too, that's even better. You can't do what everyone else is doing and still be unique. You have to be different to be different and I want my Camaro to be differnt.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tigger#76
You can't do what everyone else is doing and still be unique. You have to be different to be different and I want my Camaro to be differnt.
Different? Like the retro interior that's been out since MY2005 in the mustang or the MY 2008 challenger in a 2010 camaro. Different, just like everyone else...
Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by notgetleft
Different? Like the retro interior that's been out since MY2005 in the mustang or the MY 2008 challenger in a 2010 camaro. Different, just like everyone else...
I've seen the interior in the Mustang and the Challenger, neither looks like the spy shots of the Camaro, so yes different. In fact, the only real retro I'm seeing on the new Camaro is the gauge layout and some of the gauge styling, the rest of it is very modern from what I've seen. The Camaro as a whole (inside and out) looks to me to be a modern, stylized, reminder of the past without being a copy of it. Obviously this is all opinion and no one's is any better than anyone elses. For me, I still like what I'm seeing and I'm still looking to get one of these bad boys as soon as I can after it's available.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM

these interior pics worry me greatly.....if that interior is (roughly) what we can expect, i will not be buying the new camaro. a large majority of the population will also view it negatively. i can't understand how chevy can have a beautiful vette interior, beautiful malibu interior, beautiful tahoe interior and such utter ugliness in those pics. even a lowly 1984 3rd gen had dashboard lines easier on the eyes than this car.....very very disappointed.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by foxbat
a large majority of the population will also view it negatively.
HAHAHA The interior matches very closely to the concept and GM has recieved VERY positive feedback on that so how can you say that??? Were are you getting your information? I think the complete opposite from you does that make me an expert on what the "large Majority of the population" is going to think????
Old 01-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
HAHAHA The interior matches very closely to the concept and GM has recieved VERY positive feedback on that so how can you say that??? Were are you getting your information? I think the complete opposite from you does that make me an expert on what the "large Majority of the population" is going to think????
I can only speak for the several dozen of us I spoke to at the unveiling, two years ago. The interior was BY FAR the least liked item on the concept.

Plus, I'd like to see your data that GM has recieved "VERY positive feedback" on it.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM

I can only speak for the several dozen of us I spoke to at the unveiling, two years ago. The interior was BY FAR the least liked item on the concept.

Plus, I'd like to see your data that GM has recieved "VERY positive feedback" on it.
My data comes from Scott See him for more information
Old 01-18-2008, 11:46 AM

My guess is this is all referring to the console gauges. The 1st Gen guys love 'em. Ya know what? As silly as I think they are, they are unique and they wouldn't kill me. What I personally find so offensive are the '57 Chevy headlight bezzles for an IP and the design themes of the rest of the dash.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
My data comes from Scott See him for more information

Oh trust me, I've seen him about it. And that's not what a group of us heard about it the month after the intro.

Quick Reply: [Interior] NEWS: Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!