2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] NEWS: Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
I agree completely, but there have been "deal breaker" factions on this board way back before we even had a concept to see.

Lets see...there's

The No-IRS dealbreaker club
The No-live-axle dealbreaker club
the over-3,000 lbs dealbreaker club
the over-3,500 lbs dealbreaker club
the over 3.800 lbs dealbreaker club
the no-t-tops dealbreaker club
the price-dealbreaker club
the no-entry-level-v8 dealbreaker club
the no-Firebird dealbreaker club
The exterior-doesn't-look-enough-like-the-concept dealbreaker club
the cammo-spy-pics-don't-look-good dealbreaker club
The I-just-don't-like-it dealbreaker club

...and now the spy-pics-of-a-clearly-unfinished-interior dealbreaker club.

As for me, nothing is a dealbreaker. I am disappointed in some aspects of the interior, but am willing to hold out for pics of a finished version.

I also suspsect that things that look goofy in the pics will look/feel entirely different once you're sitting in the car and have the proper driver's perspective of the interior.
You forgot to include the diametric opposite....to wit...The "I'll buy it no matter what it looks like/runs/costs/weighs so long as it says Camaro" Club.

Originally Posted by Emher
And Scott, don't listen to these people. Anyone with half a head full of braincells knows that this will look better in production. Keep up the good work!
LOL. That's funny. "My way or the highway!"

Not that it matters what anybody says at this point in the game.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I really want to resist forming an opinion until I see the final product. But holysh!t, this has got to be the ugliest interior I can ever remember seeing.

This may be a deal killer for me.

I don't for one minute believe that you want to resist forming an opinion until you see the final product..... -- you have never held back on forming an opinion --

.......and that's all I'll say for now.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by cjmatt
What you see is what you get. And yes, these are the uplevel versions because not all are getting the gauge pack under the radio, its a z28 option
Care to elaborate on this point. Do you know that this is a Z/28 spec interior as opposed to a SS or V6 interior? I would ask that if the guage pack is moved from under the radio on some models where would it go and what would be in it's place?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Looks like a lot of you are so focused on the UNFINISHED and UNOFFICIAL interior to notice that also today the OFFICIAL pre-production exterior has been posted.

that or the fact that weve already seen what it is pretty much going to look like for years but were told the interior was going to change the most. It was the thing we had all been dieing to see.

And if people are like me, and im guessing there is a decent amount of them. They are just so disheartened by the design, NOT the fit and finish, that they almost dont even care anymore. Ive been waiting for this car for years, and been wanting it for so damn long. when i saw the leaked red camaro the couple days before it was released i nearly shed a tear because i thought it was so damn good looking. I couldnt have asked for anything better. but then i saw the interior. didnt like it but thought it was ok - i could live with it. over the years i started to not dislike it as much (still never fond of it) but i think its so much worse now.

the vents are ok
i dont like the steering wheel and the squared gauges behind it but i can deal with it. but thats about all i can deal with.
i hate how the auxilliary guages are down where they are. i look at those gauges all the time. not only is it an inconvenience but as alluded to before, its dangerous. if it comes with HUD where u can get all the same information on or if the area between the main guages has a screen where u can get the information then fine, but i would rather see that space used in a better way, like a slot to put things.
i seriously hate the radio/ac setup and look. i dont like how it sticks out. i dont like how its round. i dont like how parts stick out from it even more than it is already sticking out.

im going to wait and see it for myself in person to reserve final judgement, but im not too optimistic.

Last edited by 0toinsanein5.4sec; 01-03-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
You forgot to include the diametric opposite....to wit...The "I'll buy it no matter what it looks like/runs/costs/weighs so long as it says Camaro" Club.

By far, the scariest faction because....

Although vocal on boards like this, they'll never buy enough of them to make or break the car, IF they buy that is....and IF they buy new or used.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:13 PM

I agree completely, but there have been "deal breaker" factions on this board way back before we even had a concept to see.

Lets see...there's

As for me, nothing is a dealbreaker. I am disappointed in some aspects of the interior, but am willing to hold out for pics of a finished version.

I also suspsect that things that look goofy in the pics will look/feel entirely different once you're sitting in the car and have the proper driver's perspective of the interior.
100% Agreed. I'd forgotten about some of those dramas
Old 01-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I don't for one minute believe that you want to resist forming an opinion until you see the final product..... -- you have never held back on forming an opinion --

.......and that's all I'll say for now.
Oh yeah Scott, believe me, I'm holding back - BIG TIME!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:27 PM

This thread has certainly livened up this forum.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
LOL. That's funny. "My way or the highway!"

Not that it matters what anybody says at this point in the game.
*sigh* I did not say that. I said that anyone thinking it will look exactly like this in production are deluding themselves.

And yes, it doesn't matter. So we'll just ahve to wait and see
Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Anyone see an emergency brake???

Wonder if it'll have an e-brake button instead a handbrake.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:04 PM

The concept interior worked because it really played the clean/minimalistic card. I am not so sure the preproduction interior design works since they had to add so much other "stuff" we need in modern cars (radios, etc.).

The main problem, as I see it, is the interior doesn't quite know what it wants to be and doesn't look like it shares any common design elements with the exterior. The exterior has sharp creases and a very sporting appearance. The interior looks overly rounded and bloated (especially with the AC control area "overlapping" the radio). It makes everything look a bit pudgy. Add to that the huge vents that do not share any lines with the stack below it and it creates for a very busy center section, next to an almost completely empty area in front of the passenger. It just seems to be confused. Very clean/empty in some parts/busy in others; crisp exterior/rounded interior, etc.

Then, you add the tall, thin, squared off gauge pods and it further adds to the "disjointed" design feel (at least to me).

Too bad to, because I think this interior could have looked great (and there is no denying it will look better when finished).

Who knows, maybe it is just the pics, and maybe I will like it better in person, but my "anticipation meter" just dropped a few notches.

The interior of the Mustang kept me from buying it, and it could happen again. Bummer to, because I love everything else about this car (so far).

Though, I am really glad to see the exterior shots -- they look great!!!

Last edited by Rampant; 01-03-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 PM

The get rid of the retro interior dealbreak crowd has existed since the concept was frst introduced. This guy sums up how i feel pretty well...

Originally Posted by 0toinsanein5.4sec
that or the fact that weve already seen what it is pretty much going to look like for years but were told the interior was going to change the most. It was the thing we had all been dieing to see.

And if people are like me, and im guessing there is a decent amount of them. They are just so disheartened by the design, NOT the fit and finish, that they almost dont even care anymore.
A lot of those deal breakers are from hardcore people who want a camaro exactly their way. The public at large doesn't care about weight, or live axles, etc. The mustang is selling pretty well even with it's almost as bad retro dash, but it will have been out for 5 years and will probably be refreshed by the time this even more retro and esoteric layout comes to market. Maybe the public accepts it, maybe they don't. People need to keep in mind that camaro doesn't have nearly the name cache of mustang though, it needs real conquest buyers, and i'm not sure a retro interior is going to make it in a field of sporty coupe and sedans with modern looks and amenities.

I just don't get it. When the concept came out, great pains were taken to quash all talk of the 5th gen being retro, it was to be a *heritage* design, not a retro facsimile of an old car. And i agree with that about the exterior. But why, oh why, did they have to go over the top caricature retro on the interior.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Lets see...there's

Chris -- great post.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Z284ever
By far, the scariest faction because....

Although vocal on boards like this, they'll never buy enough of them to make or break the car, IF they buy that is....and IF they buy new or used.

I don't agree -- because the very people you're talking about are the same people you keep telling us we must appeal to -- those who see the car and just have to have one.........

I think Chris got it right -- this board has too many people claiming 'deal-breaker' --
Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM

People just need to keep an open mind and wait until the finished product is shown at the end of the summer/fall **wink wink** as Scott would say.

I can say that I was sold on the car 2 years ago

Quick Reply: [Interior] NEWS: Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!