2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Paint & Body] Hockey stripes or racing stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 AM

Hockey stripes or racing stripes?

I was wondring which to get. I mean the hockey stripes look really awesome but the racing stripes are the "original" car decal. So which one? I really want to know ur opinion guys. help me out.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

By "racing" stripes, do you mean heritage/rally stripes? I prefer those over hockey stick stripes.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:32 PM

Rally stripes..Hood & trunk lid
Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM

I think it absolutely depends on the color combination.

For instance:

If I was going to get a black car with an orange interior. I think I would opt for orange heritage stripes over the hockey stripes.

Alternatively:

If I was going to get Red Jewell Tint Coat, I think I would opt for white hockey stripes.

The thing that I don't like, is that you get that stupid stripe down the middle of the car when you order the hockey stripes. If I ordered hockey stripes, I would remove the center hood stripe and just leave the hockey stripes.

Other good color combinations:

Cyber Gray Metallic with black hood stripes. I don't think this would look as good with black hockey stripes.

Imperial Blue with white hood stripes. Again, don't think this would look as good with hockey stripes.

Inferno Orange Metallic with black hockey stripes. For me, I think this combo would look better with the hockey stripes.

Rally yellow with black hockey stripes. I think this would look better with hockey stripes.

Victory red with black or white hood stripes. No hockey stripes here please.

One color combo that I'm really bummed they didn't come out with was a black car, with a red interior, and with red hood stripes.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Those, are technically "Z28" stripes.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:27 PM

get the hockey stick stripes painted on by a professional. the decal versions they put on as an option are ugly looking as they are short, and have that cheap look to them.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
I think it absolutely depends on the color combination.

For instance:

If I was going to get a black car with an orange interior. I think I would opt for orange heritage stripes over the hockey stripes.

Alternatively:

If I was going to get Red Jewell Tint Coat, I think I would opt for white hockey stripes.

The thing that I don't like, is that you get that stupid stripe down the middle of the car when you order the hockey stripes. If I ordered hockey stripes, I would remove the center hood stripe and just leave the hockey stripes.

Other good color combinations:

Cyber Gray Metallic with black hood stripes. I don't think this would look as good with black hockey stripes.

Imperial Blue with white hood stripes. Again, don't think this would look as good with hockey stripes.

Inferno Orange Metallic with black hockey stripes. For me, I think this combo would look better with the hockey stripes.

Rally yellow with black hockey stripes. I think this would look better with hockey stripes.

Victory red with black or white hood stripes. No hockey stripes here please.

One color combo that I'm really bummed they didn't come out with was a black car, with a red interior, and with red hood stripes.
I agree that it all depends on the color combination, but if you do get the hockey stripes follow DAKMOR suggestion and get them painted on fully and not get the decal vinyls as the are too short of the original versions.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 PM

thanks guys I know that it now aparently depends on the car but I really like the blue with white rally stripes combo! freaking sweet!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by AmericanCamaro
I was wondring which to get. I mean the hockey stripes look really awesome but the racing stripes are the "original" car decal. So which one? I really want to know ur opinion guys. help me out.
Hockey stripes are original to the SS not the "racing stripes" rally stripes. Rally stripes were only on the Z28. I like the hockey but leave off the hood and deck stripe. What were they thinking with that? Looks awful.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:03 AM

I love playing hockey,and I love my Camaros,BUT THE 2 DON'T MIX,on the 5th gen any version of it looks fugly..of course IMHO, hood stripes:maybe