Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Return To Forum After A Post???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 03:19 AM

Lightbulb Return To Forum After A Post???

What do you do to get back to the forum after you write a post or reply ?? if i use the back button , it keeps sending me in a loop !!! MEL
Old 10-12-2002, 08:33 PM

I use 'back' button in rather fast succession...not slow, fast enough page doesn't really 'load' .. works for me..
Old 10-13-2002, 07:11 PM

Thumbs down

you really shouldn't have to do that !!! a MODERATOR should answer this question asap if they saw it!!!!MEL
Old 10-13-2002, 08:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

First of all this is the Parts Wanted section. I'll move it to the proper section. Second of all, can you please explain your problem a little bit more?
Old 10-14-2002, 02:05 AM

he's talking about after you make a post and it says "Returning you to the post, please wait". If you hit back after that, it will go to that screen again, which will promptly reload the post again, hence the loop he's talking about.

that is not the proper way to do it though. even if it worked good, it still woudn't update the thread icons, or refresh the topic page.

Just go down near the bottom of the page, and to the left you see a selection box that has the section you're in displayed in it, and to the left of it is a red GO button. Just always use that button to return to the topic page.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:21 AM

At the top of the screen right below the logo, you can click on one of three things after replying to a post: CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > Appropriate forum name here. Just click on the forum name again.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:37 PM

Lightbulb

ANEURISM has the problem 100% corect !!! but if i'm not mistaken, if you're on page 10 & you hit the GO button, you go back to page 1, not the post you were on !!!if you hit the thread before or thread after button, it still keeps you in that same loop when you hit the back button again !!!! MEL
Old 10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Question

What browser do you use?
Old 10-14-2002, 08:04 PM

Talking

i'm using AOL MEL
Old 10-14-2002, 08:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by 89 IROC DROP TOP
i'm using AOL MEL
Ooof...well, I dunno if this will help, but in Netscape and IE, you can click and hold down the browser's back button and it will give you a recent list of visited pages to go back to. You can try that.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by 89 IROC DROP TOP
ANEURISM has the problem 100% corect !!! but if i'm not mistaken, if you're on page 10 & you hit the GO button, you go back to page 1, not the post you were on !!!if you hit the thread before or thread after button, it still keeps you in that same loop when you hit the back button again !!!! MEL
I didn't realize you were talking about a specific page. Yes, it automatically defaults you back to page 1. Myself, even if i'm on like page 5 and make a post, i just use the go button, then afterwards, click on the direct link for page 5. but if you really want to immediatley go back to the page you were on, I believe Sinister Cyclone's idea will work. just click on the section name you are in, and it should take you back to the topics, on the page you were just on. This won't refresh the page however, but it will bring you back to the same page.

Just for convienence, I will post his message:

At the top of the screen right below the logo, you can click on one of three things after replying to a post: CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > Appropriate forum name here. Just click on the forum name again.