New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Talking Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!

Hi everyone, happy to be here. I thought I'd better say hello, seeing as how I've already gleaned tons of info from a lot of you. I have 1993 Z28 that I bought in 1998. Love her very much. With a 57 210 and a 70 El Camino also, they've all seemed to get neglected over the years. I never really had the set up to keep these cars safe and now they're paying the price. As am I.

Anyway, I'm trying to correct that, starting with the easiest one, my Z. So much to learn though! Thank you to everyone on this site, it's helped me so much in little and in big ways.

I have many projects, but I have three cars to smog upcoming (oh forgot about the 86 GMC truck) so I'm trying to concentrate on that, also that dayum console lid on the '93 that I've been trying to figure out how to fabricate to work again.

So I thought I'd share some old pictures with you, they're in an album that I guess you can find if you look under my username.

Sorry please forgive me, but I had so much to say that I haven't said since I first joined here, thanks again!
Old 09-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Re: Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com ! ! !

Sounds like "fleet".
Old 09-11-2016, 09:57 PM

Welcome.Nice to see more f-body owners here in Southern Ca.I used crazy glue on my previous f- body center console lid.Check out pick your part website as there a couple of 1993 Camaro's in the Los Angeles county area.They are the 6 cylinder cars but the interior's seem to be the same.Hope this helps.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:39 PM

The weird thing is, the insert came out of the soft part, I took a picture. Leaning on it and opening and closing, the heat out here, all those things contributed to it's demise I suppose. Check out the pictures of it.

Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-camaro-console.jpg

Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-camaro-console-again.jpg
Old 09-11-2016, 11:32 PM

That's the thing.When I get into the car,the first thing I lean on is the center console(but I try not to on this car but sometimes it's inevitable ).There is a fix for them but I can't remember right now but I think it has to do with that foam stuff from Home Depot that you use on the house to fill in the gaps.Crazy glue,foam stuff,junk yard,improvise.Maybe even utube,and of course Shoebox,JakeRob,GaryDoug,and a bunch of others here but most of all Injuneer.Injuneer is the glue who holds this money saving and so informative and dead on information site together.I'm glad to be a member.Hope I don't drop the ball sometimes.Sorry for the rant.Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:25 PM

Fatdog, look what came in the mail today. It was 13.00 plus a little in shipping. The pin came with it in the box, total of about 25 dollars, give or take. I don't know if you can see it, but where the pin goes, the center piece is there, so we need to fabricate the other two pieces on either side.

The console part it goes into is in great condition, it fit right in. See pics... I'm feeling so lucky today I may glue that thing shut and put big spikes on the top of it to keep anyone from opening it or leaning on it.

Now on to the t-top! AND the major one, getting smog done in California again. I have to smog her at the end of October, barely passes every time. Always HC, 58/39 max and she does 58/39, so passes. Born and raised here, but California rules are tough!!

Also, need a fix for that dayum Opti that I had no clue about until about a month ago. After reading and reading and researching, now I know some about it. I'm a late bloomer for knowing about my cars, I hope I haven't done irreparable damage. I've always trusted someone else to do it correctly and that isn't always the case.

Have a beautiful day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-replacement-center-console-lid-2016-2-.jpg   Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-lock-center-console-lid-2-.jpg   Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-console-pin-2-.jpg   Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-center-console-z-girl.jpg   Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-center-console-lid-center-console-.jpg  

Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 PM

Looks Perfect.Great find.On the smog thing what I do is make sure the plugs and wires are in good shape but I always change the oil right before a smog check.And the car has to get totally warmed up so I take it on the freeway for a bit and also let the car sit at the smog place idling till it gets real hot till the fans come on.The smog sniffer likes a hot engine.What's wrong with the opti?Maybe I missed the post.Anyway,are you loosing coolant?The water pump sits on top of the distributor so when the waterpump starts to go,it shorts the opti out.Any coolant on the drive way?Hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 PM

Thumbs up Re: Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!

Passed smog today! A tiny bit better than last time. Whew!! Actually didn't really take any precautions, just took it down there (well I didn't, hubbie did) and it made it through one more time.

Thanks for the tips though Fatdog, I really appreciate it. Here's what you need to pass California smog, as of today. Things can change of course.
Attached Thumbnails Hello, thanks for the welcome!!!-z-smog-2016.jpg