New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

First time Camaro owner, 4th gen build in FL

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM

First time Camaro owner, 4th gen build in FL

Hi all,

I'm David, first time Z28 owner. Long time Mustang guy but also done some roundy-round with GM stuff.

After comparing platforms for a new build, the Z28 won. Found a nice 1996 6-speed car for the build. Originally this was to be a fun street/auto-x project with my stepdad, but I think we are going to end up getting a little more carried away - go figure.

This car will be built around the NASA/CMC rules and Chumpcar rules to do some road racing with.

I currently road race (Chumpcar) with a group of guys, a 93 Lincoln Town Car with a Vortec and a T-10 4-speed. A little different to say the least - but it is actually pretty quick and handles surprisingly well.

As the build progresses, I'll be posting pictures to our facebook page - www.facebook.com/leadsledracing

I'll mostly be lurking the tech forum here reading about LT1 stuff and some chassis stuff.

I will also be cruising the classifieds for parts and I will most likely have some nice parts to inventory and put up for sale as the build progresses.

- David Castello, Ormond Beach, Fl
Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Re: First time Camaro owner, 4th gen build in FL

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com! ! !

Gotta love these LT1 cars.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the board.

I actually ran a 1990 town car at our local track for a points meet one day when I had issues with my Camaro. Earned a 1st round bye for having the best rt of time trials to start the race despite my not being able to run the minimum ET in modified.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by pintodave
Hi all,

I'm David, first time Z28 owner. Long time Mustang guy but also done some roundy-round with GM stuff.

After comparing platforms for a new build, the Z28 won. Found a nice 1996 6-speed car for the build. Originally this was to be a fun street/auto-x project with my stepdad, but I think we are going to end up getting a little more carried away - go figure.

This car will be built around the NASA/CMC rules and Chumpcar rules to do some road racing with.

I currently road race (Chumpcar) with a group of guys, a 93 Lincoln Town Car with a Vortec and a T-10 4-speed. A little different to say the least - but it is actually pretty quick and handles surprisingly well.

As the build progresses, I'll be posting pictures to our facebook page - www.facebook.com/leadsledracing

I'll mostly be lurking the tech forum here reading about LT1 stuff and some chassis stuff.

I will also be cruising the classifieds for parts and I will most likely have some nice parts to inventory and put up for sale as the build progresses.

- David Castello, Ormond Beach, Fl
David,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Z/28! Excited to have it?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-07-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
David,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Z/28! Excited to have it?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Heck yea I'm excited!!! I'll begin working on it some this weekend!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by pintodave
Heck yea I'm excited!!! I'll begin working on it some this weekend!
Great to hear about your excitement and we wish you many miles of smiles with your Camaro.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care