Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > LT1 Based Engine Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Kreinmc
Re: Passing OBDII emissions: A How-To Guide

I just took my car to do emissions last week and I passed the very first time. My car has LT's, no cats and no rear o2's. All I did was program the codes to not show up. However, my sheet did have the cats and o2's as items not ready. Even though the sheet said they were not ready, it still said I passed and I had no problems registering the car for another 2 years.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
313.66/334.18rw SAE
13.06@108.02

Pics of WS6 and 94 Formula
Kreinmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:27 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Onebad97Z28
Question Re: Passing OBDII emissions: A How-To Guide

Old Post, How about emmisions in maryland?? Whats the standards and such. Im about to leave California, and want to knwo what I can get my hopes up on doing...
97 Camaro SS M6 - White w/Orange Stripes, White Leather Interior, Moroso CAI, Relocated IAT, Trick Flow Polished Elbow, TBC Bypass, 180 Stat, Hypertech Programer, Flowmaster 80 Series 3" Catback, Lowered 2" Via Eibach Springs, RKSport BK Molded To Body, ROH 17x9.5" Rims on Kumho 40 Series, 7" Pioneer Indash DVD, 2 Alpine MTR-V 500 Watt Amps, 2 JL Audio 10W3V2-D2, Stealth Boxes, Rear Mount Amp Rack....Have and need to be installed : Hooker LT, Mufflex YPipe, Mufflex 4" Exhaust, 396 LT4
Onebad97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:37 AM   #18

In my opinion, if you passed in California, you'll pass anywhere...you'll be fine, especially if you have cats.

Borla, K&N CAI, Hurst Comp. Plus, 160 stat, Hotchkis SFC, !CAGS, Jet Hot MAC's, ory, NGK TR55, Taylor OVC
gibbylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomandan
Great info! Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised that it took 3 days and 100 miles of driving for the monitors to show up.

Dan
That is the amount of time it took my car to get all of the monitors in ready status.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Onebad97Z28

I know that is i passed in california, ill pass in maryland, but i want to try and find out when i go to maryland, how far i can push the limits. I want to take the cats off, and put on the Hooker LTs and Mufflex 4" Exhaust I got. Not to mention, when i put the LTs on, ill have to remove the AIR. SO, any suggestions or help? Any info on what Marylands emmisions are?
97 Camaro SS M6 - White w/Orange Stripes, White Leather Interior, Moroso CAI, Relocated IAT, Trick Flow Polished Elbow, TBC Bypass, 180 Stat, Hypertech Programer, Flowmaster 80 Series 3" Catback, Lowered 2" Via Eibach Springs, RKSport BK Molded To Body, ROH 17x9.5" Rims on Kumho 40 Series, 7" Pioneer Indash DVD, 2 Alpine MTR-V 500 Watt Amps, 2 JL Audio 10W3V2-D2, Stealth Boxes, Rear Mount Amp Rack....Have and need to be installed : Hooker LT, Mufflex YPipe, Mufflex 4" Exhaust, 396 LT4
Onebad97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #21

Delaware does'nt play around .... 96 or newer they just hook a signal to your pcm and look for mods but try to squeak by with a 95 db sound check... mine is 94.7 2 years ago but ive changed mine to a flowmaster which is a little quiet at the 2500 rpm sound check b.s. and I think headers would make mine louder
SmoothCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebad97Z28
I know that is i passed in california, ill pass in maryland, but i want to try and find out when i go to maryland, how far i can push the limits. I want to take the cats off, and put on the Hooker LTs and Mufflex 4" Exhaust I got. Not to mention, when i put the LTs on, ill have to remove the AIR. SO, any suggestions or help? Any info on what Marylands emmisions are?
No SES and <2 not-ready codes and you'll be fine.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:36 PM

Reply Post New Thread