Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #1

ses problem

I know there are lots of threads on this issue and have read many but still have questions. My ses light comes on seemingly when accelerating. I get a mild hesitation but seems to run ok. When the ses light comes on the fans kick in. When I restart my car everything seems fine and may run without the ses coming on. If the car is shut off with the ses light on and fans running I sometimes have a very hard time restarting.

I read about the EGR valve maybe sticking and 02 sensors. Question...if it were 02 sensors would the ses light be continually running or would the light be intermittent? If it was the EGR valve would the symptoms be the same as Im experiencing?? It seems the ses light comes on while the engine is cold. If the engine warms up the light does not seem to come on.......frustrating.....
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
kksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Re: ses problem

The best thing to do is get the codes pulled.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman View Post
The best thing to do is get the codes pulled.
^^^
That's what you do when the light comes on. No sense in wasting time guessing.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Premium Member

Garage

You can buy an OBD2 handheld code reader for under $20.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #5

I forgot to state that its a 94 Z so its an OBD1. Are thse scanners readily available for purchase??
kksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Premium Member

Garage

Yes, I offer a free one (Scan9495) here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0elo4c935uc5s
To use it, Freescan, Datamaster (20 free uses) or TunerPro, you would need a Windows PC near the car (laptop, or desktop w/USB extension cord) and a cable ($20 user-made or $55-$70 purchased). Handheld OBD1 scanners are typically $100 and up, where they can be found.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksi View Post
I forgot to state that its a 94 Z so its an OBD1. Are thse scanners readily available for purchase??
To avoid this problem in the future, PLEASE add a "signature" showing basic info about your car - year, model, engine, trans and any major modifications. The signature will be appended to every one of your posts.

Go to the red task bar at the top of every page, left click on "User CP", left click on "Edit Signature" on the dropdown, and enter the info in the field that appears.

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM

Reply Post New Thread