General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Line lock questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 12:13 AM

Line lock questions

I am getting ready to install a linelock on my Z and have a few questions. The pre made kits install before the abs unit. I talked with a few people who had the same problem. They would engage it, the abs light would come on, theyre would be a delayed disengangment of the solonoid when letting off button to come out of box. Than when they came to the line, they would have to tap the brake pedal a few times to equalize the pressure in the system and restore braking to the fronts again. Anyone else have this problem? What about the posibilites of putting the line lock in the rear brakes after the abs controler and hitting the button before hitting the brake pedal, effectivly shuting off the rears. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Prorac1
Old 04-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

I have my Line Lock installed in the front brake line, between the master cylinder and the ABS unit, and it works fine. Several of my friends run the same setup. The "ABS" light does not come on when I engage the line lock. But the "BRAKE" light will come on because of the unequal pressure in the front and rear braking circuits. As soon as the line lock is released after the burnout, the "BRAKE" light goes out, and there is full braking in both front and rear circuits.