General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

A/C Recharge Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:56 PM

A/C Recharge Problems

I have a problem i need help with. I had a half of pound of freon in my Ac system and my ac worked ok but when i had it topped off the ac clutch wont come on all the sudden. So i drained all the freon out and went to do it again my self and now it wont pull any freon in the system from the cans. Why wont it? It seems like the lines are clogged all the sudden. If i empty it all out it will pull in just a little bit then stop letting any more in.im not on here much but if you can help me send me a email on here or on my personal email at jersey-boy26@hotmail.com

Last edited by jerseyboy27; 06-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by jerseyboy27
I have a problem i need help with. I had a half of pound of freon in my Ac system and my ac worked ok but when i had it topped off the ac clutch wont come on all the sudden. So i drained all the freon out and went to do it again my self and now it wont pull any freon in the system from the cans. Why wont it? It seems like the lines are clogged all the sudden. If i empty it all out it will pull in just a little bit then stop letting any more in.im not on here much but if you can help me send me a email on here or on my personal email at jersey-boy26@hotmail.com
Dude, why drag up a 6 year old thread to ask a question?

Is your compressor engaging? Have you scanned it to see if there are any a/c related trouble codes?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:31 PM

lol.im new on this site and i didnt know how to start a new one. BUt i did have it scaned and no codes are coming up, and ne my compressor isnt engaging. I tried to jump the low preasure relay to make it come on but nothing happend. But the only tme it wime suck in freon is after i let whats in the system out but even then it only sucks in like a 1/8 of a can. Not much.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:31 PM

There is a "new thread" button at the top of every forum.

It is not going to suck in refrigerant without the compressor running. You might need a schematic to do some troubleshooting.

It is also customary to post what you are working on. Without that, you may get erroneous info or suggestions (or people won't even bother to reply). The signature area that you see on most people's replys is a good place for that info.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Administrator

There's a "NEW THREAD" button at both the TOP and the BOTTOM of the pages.

I was able to move the posts into a new thread.

As Shoebox already pointed out - you need to tell us basic info about your car - year, model, engine, trans and any major modifications. Without that info, people are not likely to provide any help. And if someone does offer help, there is no way to know if they were even thinking of the same setup you have. They made F-Bodys for 36 years. You have to tell us which one you are asking about.