General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Anti-theft question.. did a search but didn't help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:07 AM

Anti-theft question.. did a search but didn't help

I recently got a 2000 Z28/SS and the alarm goes off if you so much as barely touch the thing! Any way to disable the factory anti-theft unit?
Old 07-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Anti-theft question.. did a search but didn't help

There is a shock sensor in the hatch, near the spare tire, attached to the wheel housing. Has an adjustment ****, that may still have the factory seal on it. Try adjusting it for less sensitivity.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:45 AM

I did a little digging around and found the sensor, laying in the spare tire well... also found a multi-pin connector laying there too, with quite a few wires. clipped. It looks like it plugs into something behind another partition in there. I didn't pull the partition away to see what it was, and can't seem to find out what would be back there.. I have all kinds of GM service manuals, and such... Still don't see what it is..

All this, because one of the owners, for some reason, pulled the Monsoon out and replaced it with some Jensen unit, then had another alarm system installed. Now, every time you open a door, the alarm goes off, lights flash, etc... It's annoying..lol.
Plus, the last owner had to replace the battery, and after that it wouldn't start. He found a push button under the dash, and now to start the car, you have to hold the button in, to crank the engine.

this winter, I'm gonna try to put everything back to original, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what that plug, goes into back there? I thought the anti-theft box was back there, but from what I read it's up under the dash some place...
Old 08-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Just referencing the 2000 factory manual:

The shock sensor has a 4-wire connector (orange, black, light green, light blue).

Power antenna has a 4-wire connector (pink, orange, black) plus a coax cable.

CD Changer was located at the back, not sure where on a convertible. That has a 6-wire connector (orange, dark green, black, black/white, dark green/white, brown/white)

Not sure if there are any speakers back there in a convertible.

The optional alarm is controlled by the BCM and a theft deterrent relay, under the dash.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:09 PM

the connector I'm talking about is a rectangular one, with what looks to be about 40 pins. No CD changer in back, but there could have been. I'll try to find the code to see if it came with one.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

The Monsoon amp was there just above and ahead of the spare. It has a 32-pin connector.
Attached Thumbnails Anti-theft question.. did a search but didn't help-right-rear-quarter-98ta.jpg   Anti-theft question.. did a search but didn't help-2000-svcman-vol3of3-body-p697.jpg  

Last edited by GaryDoug; 08-05-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add image
Old 08-06-2015, 09:38 AM

Wow, thanks... I bet that amp is still there then... they just unplugged it. I have no idea why someone would do what they did to the stereo system, in the car.. I think I got my hands full straightening this wiring out...