General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

'97 Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 10:02 PM

'97 Dash removal

Hey guys!

I've recently had a problem with the wiring harness in my 97 V6 (shorted wires caught on fire), and it left me without tail lights, dash lights or headlights. I've been trying to trace the problem, but I have to remove the dash and get to the wires behind it to replace the burnt out wires and see what the hell is going on. I started to remove the dash today, but I couldn't remove it all the way.

I got the dash pad off, I unbolted all of the bolts I could see holding it in, yet it doesn't seem to want to come off. It's getting stuck in the middle of the dash somewhere on the bottom, and something is getting stuck under the passenger air bag as well.

If any of you know of a walk-through somewhere, or have any experience with this, I would really appreciate the help. Also, the wiring diagrams show that there is a fog lamp switch and relay, but I cannot find either in my car. The place in the relay cluster under the hood where the fog light relay is supposed to be isn't even wired for a relay. No idea where the fog light switch is.

Like I said, I would seriously appreciate some help with any of this, because it's driving me insane and I've already lost a lot of time and neurons over this. Thanks!