General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

95 Camaro 3.4L Remove Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 12:27 AM

95 Camaro 3.4L Remove Fuel Injectors

Could use some help from the experts. Thx in advance. Got a 95 Camaro 3.4L V6, and trying to figure out how to replace the injectors. One is spraying fuel out everywhere. Trying to repair for the youngest son. I've had tons of starter problems, went through about 3 so far, but that's another story. Can I just take out the fuel rail without taking off the intake? The engine is tucked back in the car a good ways and a pain to get to anything. Any and all help would be appreciated. Looked for quite a while on internet, but couldn't find anything helpful enough. Again, Thx for any help.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Re: 95 Camaro 3.4L Remove Fuel Injectors

I'm not a V6 guy, but I have a 94 factory manual. It shows that the fuel rail has to be removed before the upper manifold.

- Relieve pressure in system using Schrader valve (under black cap on front of rail).

- Release fuel line quick release connectors (tool required)
(on the LT1 V8, you can leave the lines attached and lift the rails, not sure about the V6. Just pull the rail up with the lines intact, releasing any plastic clips that may restrain the line bundle)

- Fuel pipes are held down by a bracket at the rear of rail.

- Disconnect vacuum line from fuel pressure regulator

- Unplug electric harness at rail

- Loosen fuel rail attaching bolts (appears one or more may be a stud)

- Lift rail assembly from manifold

- Remove injectors, insuring the O-rings (one on top, one on bottom) come out with injectors. These need to be replaced. Sounds like one of them may be bad, causing the leak.

I know on the LT1 V8, as crowded as it appears under the cowl, there is room to lift the rails.

Unfortunately, not a lot of active V6 owners.

I can give you a link to a download of the 1994 factory manual. 94 and 95 are virtually identical in most respects.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:22 PM

Thanks Injuneer, very helpful. If you could post a link, I would appreciate it. Just from a quick look, it seems to be spraying out the side of the injector. Bit of rust around the area. I don't have a garage to work in, so it may be a few days to weeks before I can get to it. Rain and the such. But I really appreciate your time. Thx. Oh, and any info on what type of injectors to order, would be helpful. Sorry for all the Q's. I seen something about different Pressure types and the such. Just any little info would help. Thx again. I would say I would dance at your wedding, but I don't think you would want me too.......lol.

Last edited by cumberland; 12-04-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Get a part # off the current injector, and buy one that matches.

Manuals:

https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti
Old 12-04-2015, 08:32 PM

Thx again Injuneer, appreciate all the help. May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You and Yours!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:56 AM

Just a little follow up for anyone in the future. Actually easier than I thought it was going to be. Like Injuneer was saying. I removed pressure regulator mounting bolt and bracket holding down fuel lines, in front of left head. I didn't have to relieve pressure, just removed top back bracket on fuel rail, holding down fuel lines and gradually wiggle those lines up and out. Watch for the O-rings. One screw in this bracket is the stud and the other was a Torques, t-15 or 20(?). Removing the pressure regulator and fuel line brackets allowed me to just push the lines out of the way.

There is a connector plug underneath the center front Intake, for when you disconnect the wiring to the injectors, be careful. No room to work with here. Got a long screwdriver to lift gently on the tab holding the connector in and pulled up. Don't forget to connect it back!

After you disconnect vacuum hoses, wiring, fuel lines and 2 bolts from fuel rail, should be ready to wiggle out. Just remember to check your injectors, make sure all O-rings came with it!!!

When removing injectors from fuel rail, the clips that hold them in, they turn approx. half a turn. Don't pull on the longer tab on the clip, it will bend the clip, making it unusable. Push on the shorter tab, to the unlock position. I had to order some new clips after I bent and broke one. Not realizing.

Also used a little grease on O-rings and on the Intake injector holes to allow the injectors to seat properly. You can just wiggle the Injectors/fuel Rail back in pretty easy. Reinstall everything, don't forget the connector at front center, below the Intake! Thanks all.

Thx Injuneer!
Old 12-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Glad it worked out for you!
Old 12-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

Fred, don't forget that the manuals area now has the 95 manual, including the update volume for the TCS and 3.8L.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Thanks.... just downloaded it.

In this case, I figured the 94 would work, since I doubt they would have made any significant changes to the 3.4L in 95 when they were planning to discontinue it.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:09 PM

HI, iM SORRY TO BOTHER BUT IM DOING THE SAME JOB NOW OF CHANGING MY INJECTORS ON A CAMARO 96, DO YOU FIRST INSTERT THE INJECTOR ON THE RAIL...THAN SCREWW ON THE UPPER INTAKE?
OR DO YOU FIRST INSERT THEM IN THE INTAKE?
PLEASE HELP
Old 11-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Administrator

96 3.8L is a different engine than the 95’s 3.4L Here's the link to download a 1996 factory service manual:

https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti