Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #1

Garage
1995 Z28 Right Turn Signal Is Not Blinking

When I move my turn signal lever into the position for making a right turn, the signal light on both the rear and the front ends will not blink. In fact, they don't come on at all, yet the indicator on the dash stays solid. I tried replacing all of the tail lights and the front turn signal lights, but that didn't work. And since my car doesn't have a relay for the turn signals, I am thinking it could be a bad fuse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
!957BelAirV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: 1995 Z28 Right Turn Signal Is Not Blinking

"Site Help & Suggestions" isn't the best forum for tech questions. I'll move this to "General 67-02 F-Body Tech".

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #3

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
"Site Help & Suggestions" isn't the best forum for tech questions. I'll move this to "General 67-02 F-Body Tech".
Sorry, I am new here and I just made my account yesterday. I honestly do not know how to start a thread in another section. I just saw that "New Thread" button, clicked it and made one.
!957BelAirV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by !957BelAirV8 View Post
When I move my turn signal lever into the position for making a right turn, the signal light on both the rear and the front ends will not blink. In fact, they don't come on at all, yet the indicator on the dash stays solid. I tried replacing all of the tail lights and the front turn signal lights, but that didn't work. And since my car doesn't have a relay for the turn signals, I am thinking it could be a bad fuse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Both turn signals should be on the same fuse, so if the left turn lights work, the fuse should be good. If by relay, you mean "Flasher", the car should have one. It is located under the driver side dash behind the panel below the steering wheel, close to the radio and heater controls. Generally, a bad flasher can cause one side to light, but not blink. The contacts inside use a thermo contact that heats up with the load of the circuit and opens. When contact cools down again, it closes. This all happens fast and creates the flashing of the lights. If the contact arm became distorted and wouldn't close, this could explain why your lights aren't working. I would check your flasher before going much further.
peterpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Garage

Shoebox has location info for the flasher:

http://shbox.com/1/flashers.jpg

He also has the wiring diagrams:

1995 4th Gen F-Body Exterior Lights

Front Lamps

Rear Lamps

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
Premium Member

Garage

Double check the lights that are lit and those that are not lit when the signal lever is actuated. Since you say the instrument cluster light is lit, the front turn circuit should be active since it is on the same circuit. Make sure you examine the lights in the dark, since some may appear unlit when they are just very dimly lit. There is just one lamp that should be lit in the front and two in the back. It seems unlikely that the rear circuit would be bad as well as the front. The flasher serves both sides in turn, so if it works on one side, it should be ok. Temporarily substituting a digital flasher might help locate the problem, as it would flash regardless of any open circuits.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:47 AM   #7

This is a problem i have had before
More than once. If your back marker light is blowed it will not work also of your tail lights are blowed or in backwards it will cause the blinker light indicator to stay on and not work. Dont go tearing into your fuses so quickly. Check all i suggested and im sure you will find your problem.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
4th Gen 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:47 AM

Reply Post New Thread