Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

4th gen trim advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 AM

4th gen trim advice

the paint on my car is far from great (dents,dings,scratches) but the trim is terrible. it's splotchy black and natural colored. where could i get some new trim and decent paint to match the color or should i go black? my car's a stock color (purple) and i've NEVER seen one of the same color, its kinda wierd, not the gt reddish purple, i've never even seen a gm car the same color. its a coupe so the roof's not black, the whole cars purple, would black look odd, wish i had some pics to post.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:54 PM

Do you mean the rubber is all turning gray? Like the weatherstripping and all that? You can spray silicone lubricant on it and wipe it off with a paper towel and it helps a little. Tirefoam will make a huge mess but make it really black and greasy which could help, but you'll probably need to replace it eventually.

Your car should be Dark Purple Metallic. The Firebird color "might" technically be Cyclamen Metallic. I don't know Firebirds barely at all.

Name:  95darkpurpleZ28-16kmiles.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  96darkpurpleZ28-24kmiles.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  156.1 KB
Name:  95darkpurpleZ28.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  37.7 KB

Those are all the same color, even though that last one doesn't look like it is.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:01 PM

thats the color. i mean the body molding along the door, and quarters, i think its to prevent the common height of door dings. i know what you mean tho, the weatherstrippings in good shape. these things were purple at some point. now they are grey, black, purplish. i dunno if all camaros even had them, i kno limited about camaros, lol

if you're a camaro enthusiast, i might as well ask you, once they put the lt1 in a car, the standard tranny was ALWAYS a 6 spd correct? i know the 3800 series was a 5 spd, my friend tried to tell me his 93 donor was a stock lt1 with a 5 spd, i told him, i doubt it
Old 06-20-2009, 03:36 PM

take it off looks so much better..

Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SinisterFormula
thats the color. i mean the body molding along the door, and quarters, i think its to prevent the common height of door dings. i know what you mean tho, the weatherstrippings in good shape. these things were purple at some point. now they are grey, black, purplish. i dunno if all camaros even had them, i kno limited about camaros, lol

if you're a camaro enthusiast, i might as well ask you, once they put the lt1 in a car, the standard tranny was ALWAYS a 6 spd correct? i know the 3800 series was a 5 spd, my friend tried to tell me his 93 donor was a stock lt1 with a 5 spd, i told him, i doubt it
There was never a year of Camaro or Firebird/Trans Am/Formula (1993 to 2002) where a V8 engine was mated to a 5 speed manual. Only the V6 cars came with 5-speeds. All of the automatics for V6 AND V8 were 4-speeds.

Last edited by Brangeta; 06-20-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
There was never a year of Camaro or Firebird/Trans Am/Formula (1993 to 2002) where a V8 engine was mated to a 5 speed manual. Only the V6 cars came with 5-speeds. All of the automatics for V6 AND V8 were 4-speeds.
thats what i thought.

as for body molding, if it comes off clean i'm down to leave it off. goo-b-gone and paint dont mix so gota do my research on what to use to get glue off