Rockin' Car Audio System Kenwood/Infinity/Kicker

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:31 PM

Re: Rockin' Car Audio System Kenwood/Infinity/Kicker

This is non-automotive?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:19 PM

BlueBird, it's unfair to compare any store's prices to a seller on ebay. People who sell on ebay usually offer steals & deals because 1) the seller has some kind of direct wholesale connection, 2) the goods are often stolen, or 3) the seller is in a hard luck situation - like the guy who bought 2 amps and didn't need one - and is willing to take a big hit.

If I was hard-luck and wanted to take a big hit on this system, I'd be selling it on ebay. Since it's still relatively new, and works fine, I'm offering a discount off of some of the lowest prices you'd find from any net store (not including auctions). If you can't apprciate that, and insist on buying from the wheeler & dealer types on ebay, then go right ahead.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:43 AM

well looks like your gonna sit on it all for a bit, or till some kid buys it from you ...bluebird even pulled $$ and where to get it. so sad you still want to say your $4 isn't WAY off.

besides what kind of response are you trying to give. he found them cheaper new. and your response was that of a child so i think your sunk .
Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 AM

oh and i forgot to mention, WHO GIVES A **** WHY ANYBODY SELLS ON EBAY!!! if it works or is brand new then why would that make any difference to a buyer. your 3 reasons aren't even in consideration when a buyer really decides to spend money, bottom line is if its cheaper and brand new its a better deal. no matter why the item is for sale.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:20 PM

Fuji, I'm not saying that nobody should buy anything off of ebay. All I'm saying is that there are more factors to buying things than just the price. I get some peace of mind from knowing that an item actually comes from a real store. That usually rules them out as far as being stolen. Are you saying that you don't care if you buy something that's been stolen? Seriously, if all anybody cared about was the very cheapest price, then regular net stores would go out of business because everybody would be buying their gear off ebay.

From the tone of your post, it sounds like you sell stuff on ebay, or at least buy all of your stuff there. Let me ask you, have you ever sent somebody a $300 payment, and then waited... and waited... and received nothing? According to ebay, it happens in 1 out of every 200 auctions. At least you know I have the goods and intend to deliver.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Blazing
Fuji, I'm not saying that nobody should buy anything off of ebay. All I'm saying is that there are more factors to buying things than just the price. I get some peace of mind from knowing that an item actually comes from a real store. That usually rules them out as far as being stolen. Are you saying that you don't care if you buy something that's been stolen? Seriously, if all anybody cared about was the very cheapest price, then regular net stores would go out of business because everybody would be buying their gear off ebay.

From the tone of your post, it sounds like you sell stuff on ebay, or at least buy all of your stuff there. Let me ask you, have you ever sent somebody a $300 payment, and then waited... and waited... and received nothing? According to ebay, it happens in 1 out of every 200 auctions. At least you know I have the goods and intend to deliver.
so what you're saying is that we should buy your used products from you for more money then new items, just because certain people use ebay to sell stolen items? You make no sense whatsoever, you obviously don't want to sell any of your items, because if you did you wouldn't be asking more money for a used item when its new counterpart is available for less money.

This forum is for people to sell items, and help out the community. You're obviously not interested in selling your items, as your pricing shows, and you're not interested in helping the community either, so why not just delete your thread.

*edit*

also, on ebay, they have this thing called feedback, if somebody has a lot of it, its usually a safe bet you're gonna get what you paid for. There's no such thing here, and nobody knows you from a hole in the wall, so again, I ask, why should we give you more money for the same item, with no guarantees it will ever be received, when it can be purchased, new, cheaper, from somebody who has sold 5000+ similar things to random buyers with good outcomes.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:00 PM

If you don't understand what I'm talking about then you are #$&%ing retarded. 9 times out of 10, ebay is going to be THE lowest price you can find anything new anywhere. I did not buy ANY of these items on ebay, hence I do not intend to take it in the a$$ on the resale. The prices I quoted are a big discount over what these items sell for from any online retailer, and that's fair enough. I'm not going to match some NYC ebayer just because he's charging $10 over wholesale.

Also consider the time involved. On ebay, it would take at least 2-3 weeks to find, bid, send payment, then wait for the arrival of all of these components. I am offering a complete system for any Camaro delivered in less than a week.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:32 PM

If you don't understand what I'm talking about then you are #$&%ing retarded.
You're calling me retarded because I won't pay more for a used item then a new one? ok. I think everyone who has read this will disagree

Also consider the time involved. On ebay, it would take at least 2-3 weeks to find, bid, send payment, then wait for the arrival of all of these components. I am offering a complete system for any Camaro delivered in less than a week.
I'd much rather wait 2-3 weeks for something when its considerably cheaper, brand new as opposed to used and abused, and from a seller who you can easily see is honest or not.

Anyway, as was previously stated, you're obviously not interested in selling anything, and I'm no longer interested in your items since you're so overpriced, so I'm done with your thread.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:30 PM

Bluebird, I see where you're coming from now... you're a total cheapskate. You don't appreciate or deserve a 'higher' end system because it's out of your price range. You'd rather wait for the lowest-ever price on an ebay auction before you grudgingly fork over the loot for it.

I'm offering a system that would easily cost upwards of $1500 (not including tax or ship) for around $1000. It was only used 9 months, and I take good care of my $h!t.

Go ahead and wait while you piece together a system. Have fun wasting time when you could be out cruising. You're no longer interested in my items, huh? Aww, man! You really know how to break a guy's heart.

FYI, my ebay rating is higher than either one of the sellers listed earlier.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:41 PM

Bluebird, I see where you're coming from now... you're a total cheapskate. You don't appreciate or deserve a 'higher' end system because it's out of your price range. You'd rather wait for the lowest-ever price on an ebay auction before you grudgingly fork over the loot for it.
Cheapskate....nope, not in the least, I'm just a responsible buyer, who doesn't like to get ripped off, which is what you are doing to anybody stupid enough to purchase your stuff for what you're asking for.

I'm offering a system that would easily cost upwards of $1500 (not including tax or ship) for around $1000. It was only used 9 months, and I take good care of my $h!t.
IT WOULDN'T COST $1500!!!! That's what you can't quite seem to understand. Just because you overpaid doesn't mean somebody else deserves to. You overpaid, end of story.

Go ahead and wait while you piece together a system. Have fun wasting time when you could be out cruising. You're no longer interested in my items, huh? Aww, man! You really know how to break a guy's heart.
Wait and piece something together? I ordered the same items today off of somebody, and they're going to be shipped out Thursday, I'll have them installed by Monday. The items are brand new, come with a factory warranty, and including shipping still saved me hundreds over your used items with no warranty which were used and abused.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:02 PM

Jason wins.

:blah:

Old 08-26-2005, 07:42 PM

Now wait a minute! Are you saying that just because I didn't buy all of my components off of ebay, that I overpaid?

'Overpaying' would be paying full MSRP, like buying the 4-channel amp from Crutchfield for $500. I bought it for about 1/2 that much from Etronics.

According to your logic, ebay should be the only place anybody buys anything, because they have the lowest prices. That sounds like Wal-Mart consumerism to me - another place I refuse to shop.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM

i bought my kicker kx 1200 off ebay, but i knew who i was dealing with, also go to caraudiodeals.com if you like audiobahn stuff. bluebird is your 442 for sale?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by dans99z
bluebird is your 442 for sale?
NEVER!